So according to all critics, this is one of the best action films ever made

So according to all critics, this is one of the best action films ever made.

How does Sup Forums rate it?

It's an astounding piece of action film-making but holy shit, the plot is stupid as hell.

One of the best action films ever made.

How do YOU rate it? Your tone implies you think it's some conspiracy. It's a revolutionary film.

Is it just me or did I want more action of seeing Max do more stuff?

To me it felt like he hardly did anything although yes this film sure has tons of action.

The B-roll footage itself is more entertaining than most modern action films.

Fun

Lame on rewatches

It's in my top 3 favorite action kinos.

probably would have been fun in a theater

watching it at home was boring

what's your other 2?

Decent action with bland acting and cool scenery.

>action scenes
9/10
>as a movie as a whole with nothing else but action to offer
6/10

pure kino

i genuinely feel sorry for people who didnt experience in IMAX

Its setting is more fascinating than all of your action classics.

Solid 6/10. Literally so not understand the hype.

The Raid and John Wick

This.

The Vehicular action dominated the movie. Yes, it's Mad Max, but Road Warrior did not have this problem. No action occurred that was not related to the vehicles. Despite traveling so far, everything occurred on the one war wagon.

It got tiresome seeing the warboys trying to climb onto or otherwise attack the same thing for 2 hours. Assault on Precinct 13 had the decency to keep the movie at 90 minutes instead of dragging the exploitation schlock out for longer than necessary.

Also thin characters, but it's an action movie.

The setting of the Star Wars prequels is incredibly detailed, but that doesn't make up for the thin plot and characterization.

Save the worldbuilding for the books. That's something LotR got right, even if the order was in reverse (books then movies, star wars was movies surrounded by books)

Not an action movie, a giant exploding circus on wheels. Pretty well done but pretending that it's any better than Transformers is pretentious. I'm saying that more as a point for Bay than against Miller though.

I still like the first movie the most by far.

>WE'RE GONNA GIVE THEM BACK THEIR HEROES, MAX!

I threw up a little

>The setting of the Star Wars prequels is incredibly detailed
Not really. Mad Max isn't incredibly detailed either. I said it's fascinating which it fucking clearly is unless you're a contrarian baby. Also the prequels are straight up shitty movies.

>I threw up a little
kek

Mediocre

this, to this day I don't know why it got so much praise, the action is not even that good, the orange filter ruins it and hardy sucked as max.

Why you gotta be so antagonistic user? Fury Road was a good action movie. But:

Setting and visual elements do not make up for weak characterization and story. Fury Road works because it has genuinely good, fresh, action sequences. It is those scenes that carries the movie.

Spread the action out, make it pure CG, and intermix it with space politics and a soap opera love story, and Fury Road becomes the Star Wars prequels. Set(?) and character design would not have made up for bad action sequences.
Just look at Beyond Thunderdome.

utter tripe
utterly forgotten inside 10 years

I rate this film a solid score of mediocre. The sheenful cinematography couldn't hold up the entirety of this acrid flick.

maxdad was fuggable

i rarely tear up in films, but during the sandstorm scene where the wind picks up a truck and it explodes in mid air with people flinging off it i got a little teary eyed. i just hadnt seen anything that beautiful before.

You remind me of a faggot I knew in grade school who insisted everyone call him "Pyro" because he'd gotten his hands on a fancy zippo somehow.

Let that sink in.

uh huh.

i enjoy films more than you, i let them get to me, im okay with that.

It's fucking great the first time you watch it, then suffers from diminishing returns. The third act is pretty meh and neither Furiosa or Max are interesting enough to carry the bland script.

Road Warrior is the far superior movie - not just in terms of action, but in every other way. I can watch it multiple times and still be completely satisfied with it.

It was shit and we know it.
There was a flood pre and while movie was released and this board was a shit show.
When it ended people started coming out and say what they really mean.

Pure action. It's the Doom games in movie form.

>Pretty well done but pretending that it's any better than Transformers is pretentious.

Transformers was just...terrible. It pails in comparison to Fury Road.

transformers doesn't even have good action sequences though

The opening scene in the army base and the desert battle are both pretty awesome.

amazingly it accomplishes everything it set out to do, which is to take a huge stinking turd on the entire medium and pay off enough vocal famous people to pretend to love it. All they needed to do was pay off RLM and they managed to get some people on Sup Forums to defend it unironically

action kino desu

>pails
Typical fury road fan here

Great fun in a theater.
Absolutely wasted on the home screen.

Tied with the first as second best film in the series