I'm going to be trying LSD for the first time this weekend, all I've had before is alcohol and weed...

I'm going to be trying LSD for the first time this weekend, all I've had before is alcohol and weed. Any tips/tricks for things like environment, fun things to do and amounts to take?

Other urls found in this thread:

erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

faggit

Take it all and then steal from ur mates the rest of it and you'll be high for days

Yeah, my tip is once it kicks in head to your CBD and stand around in the square, mall or plaza.

Take as much as you can and go somewhere with high traffic during the day

I'll help. Mind your dose, only take one perforated blotter. Don't let people dick you into taking two. Get good tunes. Whatever you like best, not experimental weirdo shit, familiar shit. Familiarity is key. Lock the doors, don't leave until after you peak. (you'll know) Shut off your phone. The one thing I hated the absolute most was a ringing phone, it freaked me to shit. No text, no pictures, just shut the fucker off. Having a babysitter is a good idea. Get all your supplies, like smokes and beer, before. Leaving is not a good idea. You'll forget what you're after. Eating sucks. Shitting sucks. Don't play with fire.

Trips usually last about 8 hrs, so don't start late, you can not sleep on acid, but timing it to end on sunrise was always my favorite. It creates a definitive end to recalibrate your head.

Good luck.

Set and setting are most important. Do it in a place you feel comfortable and safe, like yours or a friend's living space. Make sure you're in a good headspace before you trip, listen to music or whatever to calm yourself down. Get things to do before you trip, grab some movies to watch, maybe some vidya, some music. Don't try to direct your trip, but just take it as it comes. Take a shower while you're tripping. Depending on how much you take, it takes an hour or so to kick in, then two to four hours to peak, then you'll come down, but a trip can last eight to twelve hours, depending on the amount taken. THC potentiates LSD, so if you smoke you'll blast off even harder, though I'd advise getting a couple trips under your belt before you get super wacky. Have fun, stay calm, and if you get anxious, remember you'll make it through.

t. regular acid-head

Thanks for the legitimate advice, figured this would be a good place to get it, from people with actual experience of it.
So having a few beers shouldn't have too much of an impact on the trip?

I'm the guy directly above you. Nice post. I was gonna mention the weed, but he's a rookie. The weed shot, about an hour in, pushes you over the top like flicking a light switch. Always loved that part, when the trails started and the cigarettes began to be foreign objects.

A couple beers is fine. In the beginning, or at the end. But not in the middle. Its completely pointless to drink beer while tripping hard, and I always felt it made the trip feel muddy. But at the end, it helps usher in the comedown, its a relaxant.

Cool, I think I'll grab a 4 or 6 pack.
Also weed tends to not do that much for me when I take it, but if I'm in a bad place the paranoia can kick in. I don't really get the positives others mention

>usually last 8 hours
If it doesnt last at least 12 hours its weak stuff or a different chemical altogether. Weak stuff is better than no stuff though.

Alcohol won't negatively affect your trip but it supposedly lessens psychedelic effects and also lessens anxiety so like benzos it would be good for a panic attack

LSD is an extreme disassociative, and weed is not the same any other time. I don't know why it does what it does, but it does a lot for a trip about 45 minutes in. Its like a HOLY SHIT thing. All the visuals start. Your skin feels like rubber. You start seeing the walls gently blow, like curtains. You start seeing transparent fractals, like someone is projecting those giant colored snowflakes that became popular this christmas. Its a whole different trip.

Nah, my shit was all old school. I haven't tripped in 25 years. Let me rephrase, after 8 hrs, you're in relative control, and well on the downside. Still some funtime left, but its not the real messy clueless feel like the beginning. Way more controllable.

Also here's some online info to help: erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

Nbomes sound scary :o

Whatever you do, don't think about ants crawling all over you.

read erowid and psychonaut for fuck's sake. learn about set and setting. dont do it with people you dont trust or who will fuck with you, do it in a place you're comfy in and familiar with, like your usual hangout/bedroom or out camping with 2 or 3 best buds.

have water, healthy snacks and beers ready, dont smoke weed until after the peak the first few times, only take 1 tab your first time. make sure you dont have any interruptions for 10 hours. you dont want a family member or annoying person coming and ruining the vibe. I'm not gunna spoonfeed you anymore, go read erowid and psychonaut about it.

>Make sure you're in a good headspace before you trip
This times a million. 9/10 a bad trip is someone who's dropped during some drama going on in their life or when they've done it in a bad place, like in a heavy metal concert around strangers or something retarded.
Like other anons say, familiarity and good state of mind is key.

Take it at around 10:30/11am because you won't be able to sleep for at least 12 hours after taking it, no joke, it's basically impossible.

Also uh... take just 1 tab for your first time, and don't take acid if you're depressed or smth or else it might be a bad trip.

If you don't think you are ready for it then don't take it, your thoughts multiply x1000 while on acid and it's easy to get caught in thought loops and even have a bad trip.

Also yeah, don't smoke weed until the comedown unless you want a "blurry" trip.

Have fun!

For me it's more like
>2h come-up
>3h of tripping hard
>an hour or two of starting of come-down
>6h or so of comfy, still slightly tripping but otherwise normal
The part after the peak is my favourite, i usually smoke up, crack open a few beers and get comfy with a good TV series, vidya or some anime, but to each their own

OP you dropping alone or with friends? If you're dropping alone get #tripsit IRC chat open, if you feel like you're in a shitty thought loop or panicing over something you can type "help" and an experienced tripsitter will help you in a private chat. I highly recommend.

Also, if you dont feel "right" or feel uncomfortable, try the following
>peeing
>sipping some water/soda/beer
>getting up & stretching
>changing temperature (take off or put on a hoodie if you're too hot/cold)
>change the lighting and music
Usually it's one of those, but your body is bad at telling the signs when you're tripping, like playing The Sims but having your character's needs bar covered up.

This, I personally take it around 2pm so it's wearing off around midnight enough to sleep. it times it perfectly to see the sunset as the peak hits, depending where you are in the world.

I'll be with 2 good buddies, their first times also

Don't try to DO too much, just find a place to chill and hang out.

>dont do it with people you dont trust or who will fuck with you
This is important, OP. (I think he left) People who fuck with trippers are absolute dicks. Throwing BBs at you, or making drip noises, or pranks, or that guy who moves his hands in and out of your face going "woosh woosh woosh" need to be excluded for your sanity and safety. I really dislike metal, like Slayer and Maiden, so I avoided it and all things associated at all costs. I was a Floyd and Dead guy, and didn't like mischievous people. Sometimes, you'll project peoples "spirit" onto their appearance, so they will look like a lion, or an elf, or a cabbage patch kid. People who like hard and heavy shit just weird the fuck out of me, so I projected demonic shit onto their appearance. Which is totally my issue, but worth mentioning. Good friends only.

Step 1. get dark room
Step 2. get strange music and/or white noise
Step 3. get crayons and paper
Profit???

Ok, if you're with 2 friends, how close are you with them? Will you guys have a sober, experienced trip sitter? What's their headspace like? Are they ready? Are they the kinda bros that would take a bullet for you? Do they just take the piss out of you and give each other shit?

Make sure everyone has their emotional trash taken out before they trip. No family drama, no recent ex g/fs on the mind, no shit like that. You dont want negative vibes n shit manifesting during the trip, specially if you're 3 guys with no sitter. Otherwise, make some sort of mantra, focus on chilling out, enjoying the ride and like this guy says Come to an agreement on chill, familiar comfy tunes to put on and marathon some nostalgic/funny/comfy TV/anime series together. Get comfy in the couch with a blanket and just drop out. I found when I was new to acid I had ants in my pants, too agitated and wouldnt enjoy my trips until I chilled out and got comfy.

Or like this guy suggests OP, if you guys are musicians aim to have a jam session while tripping. If you're all artists get paper, crayons, paints and go at it. The absolute worst is tripping with no plan on what you're gunna do.

Gunna dump some gifs/webms for OP to get an idea

nevermind, all my trippy webms and gifs are too big for Sup Forums, or have sound. Sorry bros.

Don't have too many beers mate, lsd trips get weaker with alcohol.

>For me it's more like
h come-up
h of tripping hard
>>an hour or two of starting of come-down
h or so of comfy, still slightly tripping but otherwise normal
The first three points of your statement were my fav. Once I was over the hump, everything was fine.

One time I smoked about an hour in to some amazing blotter, I forget which ones. Smiley Faces I think. Around 1990. It knocked the fuck out of me so hard, I kinda passed out. I remember colored rings, flying through them in space. It might have been five minutes, it might have been two hours. Once I came back into frequency, I was pretty okay, but for sure, I was on my back and gone.

Another time, I took too much at a Dead show and fought tEverything was alternately getting rusty, then back to shiny, then crumbling, then new again. The band was talking right to me, the sun was over there, then on the opposite side, choreographed with the rust and new and rust again thing. Getting your ass beat on LSD is shitty. Thats why I avoid fuckers at all costs.

Watch Glass Animals. And this old movie called The Holy Mountain.

Oh, oldfag here again... You wanna watch something, its on YouTube. Look for full episodes of Liquid Television. It was on MTV years ago, and is built for acid. Especially Aeon Flux segments. That shit will melt your fuckin brain.