Wtf I love Tool now

wtf I love Tool now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fScQo9jA9VI&t=7m47s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Tool anything more than a prog metal band with an emo singer that showcases Alex Grey art?

They seem genuinely inspired and creative at times.

wrong they're a progressive post-grunge band with a pretty great rhythm section
Opiate is actually less than that, it's just grunge, but it's not worse for it

>Opiate is actually less than that, it's just grunge,
alternative metal

not mutually exclusive

oldfag here
this about the only tool i can stand
still, got way old in the nineties and wouldn't seek it out today

With Tool, I get the sense that the individual members of the band are more talented as individual artists than what ultimately comes out in band's efforts. It's like there is no creative direction with them, if that makes sense.

They don't have the chemistry that makes great bands great, I guess.

Oh yeah where is your fucking album? So funny its cool to hate on Tool now. I mean yeah Opiate is fucking trash but Tool dont deserve this kind of hate.

i always thought the opposite about them actually. although i agree all their albums are mixed bags as a whole, except maybe undertow
wew

Fuck off Maynard

except being different genres

yes, good job, you figured out that two different genres are, in fact, different genres
that still doesn't make Grunge and Alternative Metal mutually exclusive

it does because they don't sound alike

the first album is pretty much grunge

explain

THIS is an example of grunge/post grunge/alternative rock

OP is not grunge or alt rock its definitely metal. its maybe alittle grungy sounding because of the time

oh yeah, Tool isn't really grunge. I'm just saying that Grunge and Alt Metal aren't mutually exclusive

They all seem like talented individuals, but it's like their talents are melding properly in the band..

They are a unique band though. You have to give them that. They were always intriguing at least.

they only thing they have i common is that they were formed around the same time

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are Grunge and Alt Metal

you can be both, tool isnt

>you can be both
that's what I'm saying you dense faggot
I'm not the guy who said Tool is Grunge and that was very clear when I posted that Tool isn't Grunge

*aren't melding

Salival is unironically their best album. Tied as my favorite band alongside King Crimson and Maudlin of the Well.

Good, fag

I'm glad you learned something new today, user.

wew, boys, simmer down.

i always knew that. its alternative metal. alt metal and grunge have similar backgrounds. didnt need to be pointed out like its an easy mistake to make its not. its metal not grunge, grunge has a totally different sound.

>i always knew that
>its metal not grunge, grunge has a totally different sound.
you're contradicting yourself here, buddy. let's not go in circles.

Actual question, has there ever been a hiphop song not in 4/4 or 3/4? That'd be interesting to hear

Nice list there, brother. Wanna come round and play xbox?

Not really relevant but whoever rates this as King Crimson's best album is dumb and wrong

>Tool is post-grunge

Are you retarded

Where the hell can you find their music? It's not available on any easily accessible mainstream source, and I'm not about to give my shekels to some cunt in a boardroom mooching off of a long-disbanded bands success.

Dailymotion has some... I bought mine off amazon, like the nonce that I am

Ehh theres some Death Grips that get into some off beat signatures, otherwise I recall a Kanye song being in like 7/8 or something.

Jones > Carrey > Maynard > That other guy

thats what ive been saying the whole thread.

Hey, dont bring Riverside and Gojira into this.

dude.... everyone itt is thinking WAY too fucking hard about their personal music snob image. if you listen to tool with an open mind, in particular opiate, it's pretty clear these niggas can jam. part of me, hush, cold and ugly aren't some faggots thesis statement, they're just fucking rockers. it's drop d fucking heroin. headbang to em or don't, literally that simple. can Sup Forums discuss fucking anything without sperging out about a bunch of irrelevant bullshit lmao

DUDE

dudeBroMan

SupBroManDude

nothing bromanbruhsexpartner, still was right tho, tool kicks your favorite bands ass
youtube.com/watch?v=fScQo9jA9VI&t=7m47s

i just bought that on vinyl a day ago

Nagging Nimbus by Busdriver. When Busdriver really rides a song rhythmically like this it's great, Cosmic Cleavage is so good and the nearly fully realized jazz rap production suit his style perfectly, so underrated.

>Jones over anyone
>Jones over Carrey
>JONES OVER CARREY
wew lad

What is there best album?
>inb4 ITCOCK

this, although undertow and aenima contain some excellent drumming all the rest of their work suffers from Adam's lack of talent and Maynard's ego-driven sophomoric pseudo-intellectual lyrics. Overall a mismatch of a prog-minded drummer with a brain-damaged guitarist stuck in his k-hole (limited from the start desu, Adam Jones kinda sucks).

soulseek and the sharethreads. easy peasy. I'm partial to Absent Lovers (live) and Discipline

Adam Jones is sub-mediocre at best, seriously what the fuck are you tripping on.

WITHOUT JONES THERE WOULD BE NO STOP MOTION MUSIC VIDEOS!!!!!

Hmm, maybe they could have done something original instead.

holy shit this

Right?