Debt collector here. If you owe money to a debt collection agency I’m here to remind you to pay it...

Debt collector here. If you owe money to a debt collection agency I’m here to remind you to pay it. We will take you to court if you refuse to pay it. No matter if it’s $2,000 or $20,000 you will be sued

Other urls found in this thread:

experian.com/disputes/main.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9KUgTmKRAlo
youtube.com/watch?v=8CzW1yLjDS0
consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-should-i-do-if-a-creditor-or-debt-collector-sues-me-en-334/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What if it's $20

up yours nigger

what if it's $2

You’re good. Gotta be at least a couple hundred

why do you fucking stupid niggers call me 3x day everyday, knowing that i cant pay?
also fuck you for being that guy

Explain me the objectibe pf these tread what is your motive ???what is your intention??

This tbh. The business model is for the debtor to do nothing so the collector can be granted a default judgment. They actually have less leverage than you'd think once you do respond to them because they often purchase debt for pennies on the dollar, and once you've responded they have no choice but to arrange a settlement based on "whatever you can pay". They don't have the resources to audit you for what that actual sum is.

how do i get out of it, i paid my debt two years ago and they are claiming there is no history of me paying it, i unfortunately thrrew away the receipt can you help a guy out

just file a contest and submit no contract, if youre at a collection agency they sold your debt and wrote it off on their taxes meaning you dont actually owe anything

> send letter asking for proof it's my debt
> remind them that it's harassment if they continue to contact me without proof
> receiving letter asking for ID so they can pass the data protection act
> never reply
> no more letters

sorry man i dont know how to do that, care to further explain

Wut. That makes no sense. A collection agency would rather settle with you because it costs less than going through the courts, and they can still profit exactly because they bought the debt for pennies on the dollar. There's no requirement that they arrange a settlement based on "whatever you can pay", it's just what they often choose to do. The amount that you owe is also trivial to determine.

Whats with the ears?

If they sold your debt then you still owe the debt to whoever purchased it.

A filing fee for a complaint is usually anywhere from $50 to $200 and the amount listed on the judgment is final and legally binding. Both of those things are much more valuable than any amount settled for.

im a debt collector too, not the same knd as op

Yeah, no, fuck you. I've sued 3 debt collection agencies these past two years and I've won every case.

You're only good at harassing people abd scaring them in to paying whatever they owe. But if there's only one loose end in your "case", and the person you're taking to court has the balls to stand up for himself, boy, you're fucked.

As a plus, if it's a business you're taking to court, the dude's got to be fucking stupid not to manage to shake you off.

experian.com/disputes/main.html
heres a good start

Not necessarily, since getting a judgment does not in itself get you the amount of the judgment. There are extra legal steps that must be taken to actually secure the payment, and you might not be able to get it at all depending on the person's financial situation. A settlement is faster and lower risk.

What the biggest mistake you’ve called them out on? What’s the most common mistake they make?

OP here. Forgot to say, if it's below 2,000 or above 20,000, we dont take you to court.

People could just not communicate with you. Time will expire on the debt. You fucks eat debt. Feels good man. Stay mad bro

Oldfag here:
Had to deal with debt collectors a couple of times.
My advice dont fuck with them and pay up. They have a lot of people with a lot of time and money backing them

I've had 10k in debt for nearly a decade now. They used to hound me with collection calls and letters but they stopped years ago once they realized I wasn't going to pay and they were wasting more man-hours trying to collect than what the debt was actually worth.

TLDR OP is a fag.

youtube.com/watch?v=9KUgTmKRAlo
get fucked OP

When I worked at a place like this we had two paralegals dedicated to obtaining abstracts of judgment and arranging liens and garnishments. It was extra work but not as much as you'd think.

Why are you talking to me in english?

Liens and garnishments still don't result in you having the judgement amount in cash, now. Money now is worth more than money later, and you don't want to expose yourself to unnecessary risks (e.g. you get a lien on property, but yours is subordinate and the property is underwater. You get a garnishment, but then the guy loses his job).

If the debtor is able to give you a lump sum payment and it would be profitable for you (based on the purchase price of the debt), I would take it.

>be me
>stupid faggot in early 20s
>good job but have no idea how to manage money
>charge the fuck out of my credit cards
>no biggie I just pay them off each month cause I gots it like that
>get sick
>very sick
>go directly to the hospital kind of sick
>out of work for months
>bills pile up
>no emergency fund to pay them
>ruh_roh.gif
>try my hardest to pay them for over a year
>manage to pay a couple
>the others send lawyers after me
>time_for_bankruptcy.exe
>pay lawyer $1,500
>$40,000 worth of debt disappears
>weeks later one of those credit card companies sends me a check for $2,800
>they forgot to send me the proper paperwork when we agreed to a payment plan before the bankruptcy
>return all my money
>mfw I actually MADE MONEY declaring bankruptcy
>mfw I have no trouble opening lines of credit post-bankruptcy
>mfw God bless this country

This is why you should never listen to people whining about how hard small businesses have it. Between the government subsidizing you through gimmicks like depreciation and bankruptcy protecting you from your failures, you'd have to be a complete moron not to be able to run a small business.

That's only matters if you're in debt because you're poor and undisciplined. Sometimes you're fully capable and decently willing to pay, but the collectors are pushy and get into a huff, so you make them prove and properly document their case.

no shit kid

What's your situation? Are you working at all?

youtube.com/watch?v=8CzW1yLjDS0

funny vid where debt collector gets murdered

Pay dents

Depending on the state, since it’s a civil matter, even if you win, you’re responsible for collection, and unless it’s a certain type of debt you cannot garnish paychecks or put liens on any personal property.
Net result - your company paid out for court costs and possibly lawyers and you still don’t get paid. Most you can do is report it to credit agencies.

debt collectors buy your debt from the original owners of it for cents on the dollar, don't ever pay a debt collector the full amount you owe. you're already fucked anyways because it's on your credit report, offer them 30% of the total debt in cash, to settle. fuck them

What if they sue me though?

I owe $2,500 to on agency and $1,800 to another. The $1,800 was to get two wisdom teeth removed and the $2,500 from a credit card

patheticfag you mean. I was a debt collector for years, and the laws are so stacked to help you out. We are basically trolling for retards that will just pay.

sane thing, settle for half or less, dont go to court you retard

consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-should-i-do-if-a-creditor-or-debt-collector-sues-me-en-334/

Yep. I declare bankruptcy every 7 years get a new tax id and new name and DBA under old company name. rented a 400k copier printer from Xerox and then just let it go. got the new model installed days after they came to get old model from "old" business. lol