Sup Sup Forums Canadafag here

Sup Sup Forums Canadafag here

In April I'll be travelling from Paris up to Glasgow for about 3 weeks sightseeing and getting some tattoos done etc. I've never been to Europe and don't really know what to expect.

Any tips / recommendations where i should go and what i should do? Places to avoid? Should OP kill himself?

Current route is as follows:

>Landing in Paris
>Take the tube up to London
>From London to either Liverpool or Sheffield?
>End up in Glasgow
>Fly home out of Glasgow

I'll be travelling alone so it should be pretty easy to get around

Bump

Try to speak a little french. That lot see the Canadian passport and tend to assume you at least know a little, and they're a bit ticked when you don't. Expect to end up somewhere at least once that reeks of piss, since a lot of folks in paris and london piss on the street and sometimes the metro station.

Do not approach the self-cleaning toilets if you value you're life.

Vancouverfag here OP.

Paris is legit a city that tricks you into thinkings its nice. Paris is 90% fucking AWFUL stinky dirty piss covered streets and the 10% that isnt awful is what you see in the movies and dream about.

Stay in the 10%, Never been to scotland but did 4 years of school in Paris.

come to Croydon London it's lit af

Paris is a scam and runs off the reputation alone. It is packed full with people trying to hustle you out of money and for some reason there's a really strong smell that pops up around in the city.

My biggest tip is act like what people think canadians act like and you should be fine, just dont be nice to the people who are only there to scam you out of money (gypsys)

Be in the know of the scams OP, paris is the capital of tourism scams.

The wedding ring scam, palm reading scam, if they do a service for you without asking, they'll demand payment after its done (Palm reading).

If you refuse to pay they start screaming and publically shame you, its pretty fucked but dont give in, most of the locals understand that she's a gypsy.

England is alright, just make sure to make people known you're canadian and not american and you should be fine.

Scotland is depressing af

Avoid the Eiffel tower, you're not getting up, and if you do it turns out to be a dumb anyways.
Don't throw away your train ticket when using the paris metro. You might get the impression from exiting a few metro stations that you didn't really need it after getting into the metro (most don't check ticket exiting) but a few do, and then you've gotta jump the turnstile. Not a good look for a tourist.

Wanna know how to avoid the scams? Be brown.
Legit, been to paris 3 times and have never had to deal with touts and the like. I see their eyes pass over me. Surprising brown privilege.

Good point thanks for the tips

I've heard Paris is over run with the refugees and its terrible now, i just wanna see the tower and some other cool stuff. Probably only spend 3 days or so there

How so? ill be in london for 5 days

Whats so bad? I thought it would be cool to visit

Thanks for the tip

Canadafag here too,

Cornwall and The Lake District are must sees.

>I've heard Paris is over run with the refugees and its terrible now
Poor people congregate in the banlieue's, the suburbs. You're a tourist, you ain't going there. In any case, it's not refugees that piss in the streets, it's everyone. It's a parisian tradition.

Lake District National Park?

I'm not sure if it's a park or not. The locals will know what you mean when you say that tho.

I'm a pretty trashy guy myself so i don't think the piss in the streets will bother me, I'll just try to find a decent area to stay in

Oh yeah, if you end up in a club (I don't recommend it but whatever floats your boat) be "assertive" when it comes to getting to the bar. Canadians will politely line up, euros absolutely will not. You won't get a drink unless you work for it.

Locals in which area? I cant really find anything on google

Ask any brit where the lake district is

Never been to Paris, Have been a few places in France though and find they get more friendly as you go South. In my experience.

London is alright. For a day or two. Too busy and expensive for my liking.

Sheffield > Liverpool

My top tip would be avoid Glasgow. It's shite. Would you consider going to Edinborough instead? Or is one of your tattoo appointments in Glasgow?

Gunna be honest I'm defiantly too polite (or a pushover) when it comes to stuff like that but good to know. I much prefer pubs anyways.

haha alright then, i added it to my list

Hey man I thought the same thing, then I went there.
Y'know, paris is a lovely place, make no mistake, but travelling anywhere it's good to hammer into oneself "the place I'm going is as shitty as home", so when it actually is one isn't disappointed. Folks go into Europe expecting miracles and when they don't get it they leave with anxiety issues.

>>Landing in Paris
>>Take the tube up to London

Take the ferry, it's an adventure. Paris and London are enough. Why would you press on to Glasgow?

Brits know how to properly queue at a pub (you have to order at the bar unlike here in canada, where it's table service), it's the other euros you have to watch out for. If you want to stop at a pub, make sure you've walked at least a couple blocks away from the nearest tourist trap. Everything improves.

Yes it's a big National Park in the North of England. Full of hills and Lakes. Great place to go for a walk or outdoor sports like sailing, rock climbing etc.

I agree with that guy, Cornwall and Lake District would be much better than London, Liverpool or Glasgow.

nice

OP here

2 of the 3 appointments are in Sheffield, so i'll be spending more time there than others. I'm only going to Paris and London to see the typical tourist shit. Edinborough looks alright, my plan was to fly home from Glasgow so maybe I'll visit it on the way.

Any cool places to go or do in Sheffield?

have fun learning what to do in a terrorist attack with live examples.

Canada is pretty nice, not to sounds like a snob but i was fully expecting Paris to be a shithole haha. I'll keep it in mind tho

OP is Canadian. It's a bit much to visit a national park, since Canadian spots are almost nothing but national parks and nature preservers.

Lake District

I'm not too familiar with it. If you like real ale check out the Kelham Island part of the city. Plenty of good places to drink and eat in the centre. Some dodgy areas on the outskirts/subburbs, mainly to the South/South East I think. Stay in the centre and you'll be fine. Sheffiled is a typical friendly Northern place. We're friendlier up North.

Where is your appointment? I go to a few different places around the country for tatts.

Hey man, born and raised. But you know, I lost count of every time I've heard tourists in Banff complain.

I have to go to Sheffield cause i have some tattoos booked and already paid for, is Glasgow really that bad? everyone seems to have negative thoughts on it

So locals arn't very friendly? or they just hate tourists? strange how different it is here in canada eh

Cool deal man i'll do some research and make time for it!

There was an ISIS attack in my hometown about 2 months ago, Justin Trudeau supports the mudslime invasion unfortunately

Locals are friendly enough. Again, it's other euros you have to look out for. They're not *unfriendly*, they just act in ways that we would consider impolite.

Yes, if you don't have to go to Glasgow, then don't. When I went up for a gig once, we walked into a pub in the centre and it was like in an old western where the music stops and everyone stares at you. my mate had to take a shit in the toilet that had no lock on the door, which swung open unless held, with no toilet seat. He was squatting on one leg while holding the door dhut with the other. Fucking hilarious. Then we went in KFC to eat, and they had blue lights in the toilets. (blue lights are used in public toilets and the like so that heroin addicts can't see their veins to inject. Makes it so junkies don't hang out there shooting up).

Yeah i didn't realize it was this big, If it's as good as people say it is ill go check it out

Joe Frost is doing both my hands, he says his shop is above the leadmill nightclub in sheffield city centre.

So you would recommend staying in the center of the city or the northside?

Banff fuckin rules haha people are crazy

Good to know, i tend to stick to myself anyways

Edinborough is much nicer. Train connection is good from Edinborough to Manchester. Could fly back from Manchester Airport?

Holy shit thats gnarly, Maybe i'll cancel that flight and just stick around Manchester and Sheffield... I have no real reason to go there anyways

I didn't know Joe Frost. Just had a quick check of his work and it looks good. Really bold and great use of colour.

Yup that's what I'm thinking I'll do now. Heard nothing but negative things about Glasgow so i think I'll just hang around Sheffield and Manchester area

Yeah hes amazingly skilled for his age and experience, looking forward to finally meeting him

I live in Manchester and can recommend it akin to Sheffield as another friendly Northern town. Loads going on in the city centre. Plenty of great places to drink and eat. Great nightlife. Awesome music scene. Maybe check out a gig if you come here, or if you don't mind an orchestra, see what is on at the Bridgewater Hall.

Awesome man, good to hear it from a local. Might end up spending most of my time there until i have to fly home

What do you drink?

Watch a Celtic or Rangers match in Glasglow.

Glasgow's not that bad at all, it has a bad reputation but its improved a lot and doesn't really deserve the reputation anymore than any other UK city

That said there's not a huge amount to do so its probably not worth travelling all that way if you don't want to. Definitely visit Edinburgh though

>and getting some tattoos

Instead, get some good tickets of good museums and art shows. Things that simply do not exist in Canada. Louvre museum - basically 90% Italian paintings - is literally a paradise.

They're a reason our ancestors fucked off of that tiny shit-hole of an island.

Expect France and England to both be pretty shit. England is just plain a bore, and truck-kun has become a problem in France.

Tips would be to go to somewhere in asia instead. You know, the part of the world that's actually different culturally, many places are cheaper, and very few people want to kill you.

>very few people want to kill you.

Love beer - Whiskey / Rum are probably second

Sounds like Glasgow is off the list as of now

If i end up going that far north ill for sure check out Edinburgh, hearing lots of positive things

I travel to collect tattoos, my body is 70% covered in them, Museums and art shows are a good idea good point. I'll look into local places

I lived in southeast Asia and Australia for a year, i understand where you're coming from. This trip is loosely based around my tattoo appointments so i just wanted to do / see some fun stuff in between appointments ya know.

Glasgow is fine, but if you can get to Edinbrah for a couple lf days i would recommend it, one of the most beautiful cities ive visited

For beer and whiskey check out the Northern Quarter. It's an area in the North East of the city centre. Loads of real ale pubs, a few good whiskey and bourbon bars, and a burger joint called Almost Famous that you should definitely check out.

Awesome man, i'll write it down and make sure to visit

Cool bro, enjoy your trip.

Booze and fags are better than cash for obtaining information, directions, companions, unwanted information, useless directions and barnacle-like companions. Use your discretion.