Tinnitus goes away right? I can get rid of this right?

Tinnitus goes away right? I can get rid of this right?

sorry bud, you're fucked for life.

Depends what's causing it.

P-please don't say that.

gotta get used to it like the rest of us OP

it wont get better. it wont get any worse tho as long as you dont listen to tunes so loud and get some earplugs for concerts

Get more calcium in your diet

How do you even get that?
Is it from going to loud as concerts or playing live concerts?

if you just got out of a concert, then it'll probably go away on its own

It's just hisses that come randomly, should i be worried?

Hope the show you went was worth being deaf.
Lmao@u

I got it from going to too many super loud concerts a few years ago. Specifically one where I was right in front of the speaker. It was real bad for about 3-4 years but just last year it diminished so much that I don't even notice it anymore. It's still there if I'm in absolute complete silence but it isn't brutally ear-piercing anymore.

Tip, put a fan next to your bed. Something about the noise that a fan makes will make the ringing go away and allow you to sleep.

yep sounds like you got a snake inside your ears man

I have it in my right ear due to a bike tube blowing up. It's not bad. I can hear it in complete silence, but can't over every day ambiance. So far it hasn't affected my overall hearing and I can listen to music just fine. I'm just more aware of the volumes I listen to music at.

I'm sure you'll be able to grow new ears through stem cells in about 30 years don't worry op

But in all seriousness the FDA is testing drugs to get rid of tinnitus but who knows if they'll be legit and if they are who knows what side effects will come with them. And obviously it would just cover it up and not cure it.

You can actually get xanax prescribed for tinnitus and it can help somewhat but then you'll have all the great side effects that come with it if you take it every day.

So basically meh

That shit is childs play. My ears ring constantly and are sensitive as fuck. I got it from ear infections though. My ears were shit before I even listened to loud music kek

Balding goes away right?

it's absolutely the truth. I live in a military town and all the vets seem to have tinnitus. It does not go away. ever. period.

yep when you die hair starts growing back.

That's actually the body drying up and decaying. Hair and nails appear longer because of it. It's an urban myth.

It's from hearing damage/loss.
Anything that causes that can cause tinnitus.

Are ear doctors legit? Should i go to one?

You might be clenching your teeth too much. Dentist told me that and now I don't have tinnitus. Ez

It can also be blood pressure, related. It can even get worse when drinking alcohol, and caffeinated drinks.

For tinnitus?
ENT can only figure out what caused the tinnitus.
If it's just from basic permanent hearing damage then there is nothing medically that can be done.
If you find tinnitus unbearable you would probably be recommended to see an audiologist that specializes in tinnitus management, and maybe a psychiatrist too.

The source of the tinnitus would be hearing damage, but yes stress, alcohol, caffeine, smoking, all exacerbate it.
Blood pressure can create a certain kind of tinnitus that sounds like a heartbeat in your ear, which is turbulent blood flow through the artery that goes by the cochlear.

I bet you know a lot about hypertension, you obese fuck.

If it's very slight and occasional it can wear off after a year or so

try getting your ears cleaned professionally if it bothers you, it will help if you have it or not

went away for me after i got it from shooting a buncha guns after like 6 months

Anybody else hear ringing in their ears for as long as they can remember? I don't think I've ever heard real silence. It doesn't hurt usually.

Pink noise helps a lot.

THIS SO MUCH
it's so fucking weird because tinnitus WAS my silence. It never bothered me at all, then one day I read about tinnitus somewhere then I realize I have it, now it makes my life hell. I have no idea why it bothers me so much now, I wish I had never read about it. Ignorance was truly bliss in this case.

If I don't strain my hearing too much but I drink a lot of caffeinated bullshit, am I gonna get it?

Coffee doesn't create it, it only can make it worse in the duration of having caffeine in your system if you already have it from hearing damage.

haha yeah I just assumed everybody heard a low ringing all the time before I read about it.

Imagine not having tinnitus but instead you're hearing your blood flowing

This is the basis of tinnitus treatment.
Generally the only reason that people are bothered by it is because they think they should be. The tinnitus gets focused on, it remains in the limbic system of the brain where it is constantly analyzed to figure out whether it's a threat or not, while attaching negative emotions to it.
If you literally pay no attention to it there won't be an issue.

I have it. It'll probably get worse when I join the military. Whatever.

from my experience it kinda fades the less music you listen to. I don't really listen to much music at all anymore (just found this thread on Sup Forums homepage) and I don't notice it as much. It will never truly go away though, no matter much you try and "fix" it's gonna randomly start happening eventually, probably when you are trying to sleep just to annoy the shit out of you.

Yep, fan works great for sleep.

I got it from being dragged to the front of a concert by a drunk friend who then got into a fight while we were up there so I stayed to try to mend the situation.

You get used to it, but it can be annoying if youre in a really quiet environment.

this. Honestly, the human body has a really weird and amazing way of recovering and bouncing back from the stupid shit we put it through. If you give it time it usually diminishes.

The high pitched ringing noise is known as the sound of Brahman/God in Yoga and other esoteric traditions. Concentrating on it can heal and grant powers.

King Gizzard, yes, it was worth it

cover both ears with palms, wrap fingers around back of neck, drum on back of neck with index fingers a few times.
ez

>murdering brown people to advance american imperialism
have fun with that

Denver CO? Just saw them a couple days ago. Worth.

Dallas, last Sunday. Fucking awesome, I can barley listen to Lord Of Lightning anymore because of how much better it was live

*killing
murder is unlawful killing

OP there was a technique I read somewhere where you put your thumb near your ear and press (or something similar) and it makes your tinnitus disappear I'm not even joking I'll try and find it for you.

Here you go OP. Try this.
"Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.Dr. Jan Strydom, of A2Z of Health, Beauty and Fintess.org."
It's only temporary but apparently it helps a lot.

Wait is this not fucking normal? I've always hated complete silence because that ringing becomes deafening when I can't hear anything. Literally cannot sleep in a quiet room, never have been able to.

Yeah, what is this called? I've had it forever and I've been thinking about it a lot recently.

dumb frogposter

>he has tinnitus

This actually helps

get off your high horse fuckwit, the US military protects 90% of the fucking world nations at this point. Russia & China sure ain't gonna help your sorry asses.

>he genuinely believes the united states/other western nations at genuine risk of invasion and that this justifies america having a decades-long history of having military presence everywhere it can and using the cia to interfere in the legitimately elected governments of other countries
lmao

I once tried to make a hearing aid with tunable phase cancelling tones to numb the effect of tinnitus; it would still be there but you wouldn't hear it. Then I found out it wouldn't work and my delusions of wealth and riches dissipated on the spot

this,

get over it bitch

shut the fuck up bitch

it all goes away
eventually

In a way, mild tinnitus is kinda nice because when you want to focus on it, you kinda pay attention to all the subtle noises around you that you usually don't pay attention to

hope you like noise music

I just tried this and during the process, I could hear the ringing turn into more of a vibrating noise and now it's more quiet

can you get tinnitus from just constantly listening to music?

like if I listen to music every day at a reasonably low volume, will I still damage my ears in some way? or is it only if you hear something insanely loud?

>can you get tinnitus from just constantly listening to music?
>like if I listen to music every day at a reasonably low volume, will I still damage my ears in some way?
If you exclusively listen to music with headphones or earbuds, yes absolutely.

What about audiobooks or podcasts?

Noise damage is volume + duration
Laws for noise protection at construction jobs put a max noise level of 85dB(A) for 8 hours. This is found to leave those exposed with like a ~6% chance of developing noise damage.
The rule is basically for every 3dB increase in noise, you need to half the time of exposure, and for every 3dB decrease in noise you can double the amount of exposure.
Also, natural hearing loss can cause tinnitus too, it doesn't need to directly be from noise.

A sound is a sound, your hearing capacities will be affected whether it's music or just regular sounds. Just try to lower your use of headphones and earbuds as much as you can, get a hi-fi system if possible.

Caught myself listening to earbuds about 90% of the time when I'm outside. Gotta stop that.

A main contributor to my tinnitus was frequently listening to MBDTF on my ipod at max volume for about 2 months when I was younger kek

how do musicians deal with the fact that they might get tinnitus
>haha dude if you were that dedicated to playing music you would know

I'm almost 30. Had it since around 15-16.

Not gone. Not even a little bit.

Strap in, lad. Mr. Bones' Wild Ride is just starting for you.

nah man, we are all cursed til the end of days!

wear earplugs all the time
i'm at a music conservatory and its practically mandatory to own a pair

It's not called anything, it's called tinnitus. A lot of things can cause or worsen it. Mine comes from a neurological disease and allergies.

Source? This doesn't seem to agree with anything I've ever heard

tinnitus doesn't go away BUT maybe it's not what you have
sometimes when I'm sick my ears won't stop ringing but it goes away when I get better
although I do have very mild tinnitus as well so maybe it just gets worse? idk

If your ear ringing is allergy induced you just need Flonase and patience.

There's some kind of tube in your sinuses that swells when you're sick or have an allergy attack, which causes temporary tinnitus, yes.

I had temporary tinnitus 4-5 times thanks to shitty nightclubs and concerts. Some lasted up to 2 weeks but I still hear better than most people

You don't even notice it after a while. So thanks for reminding me if nine dickhead

Not Sup Forums related but I shot rifles and pistols in ROTC without ear protection because the senior officers in charge of the class overrode the orders of the friendly junior officers - they say they're for pussies
Now I have mild tinnitus, despite only having shot 5.56 NATO out of an M16 11 times and .45acp out of a 1911 4 times.

>Kikebook meme
Kys

Do you regret it?

Sometimes you get tinnitus for reasons other than loud noise. I get it occasionally and I've never set foot in any Hatebreed concerts.

>seriously responding to entry-level b8 like this

Birds can regenerate auditory receptors, but mammals seem to have lost this ability at some evolutionary point.

I've had a mild degree of tinnitus since childhood.

no it doesnt go away it only gets worse.

>mfw went to concerts without earplugs
>mfw went to clubs without earplugs
>mfw live my life accompanied by a fan literally 24 hours of every day

I got it from playing electric guitar at 18. I'm 31 now, I hardly pay attention to it anymore