Better than loveless

better than loveless

Other urls found in this thread:

rubur.bandcamp.com/album/true-bypass
youtube.com/watch?v=uMuNjgULtE8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I go back and forth between them

shit opinion. slowdive are richkidsonadaytrip-core.

souvlaki grows on me more and more as time goes on but Loveless is just untouchable

40 days and Alison have made me cry though while no mbv song has

Most albums are

false

Souvlaki is garbage.

???

Spooky is better than both, and that loses to Nowhere.

I wouldn't rate any of them higher than the other. Both are better than Nowhere though

more boring than loveless for sure. i love both. new album was boring as fuck

>new album was boring as fuck
Shit opinionated pleb. It's filled with lot's a suberb melodies and arrengements. The refrain in Go Get It is one of the best ever.

Loveless is fucking overrated garbage.

Slowdive > Ride > MBV

Self Titled that came out this year>Souvlaki

imagine having such shit taste like this

my ears weren't worthy to hear souvlaki space station

Sooner or later you will grow up and realize it.

Loveless is the only shoegaze band listed, Ride and Slowdive are shitty Britpop, inherently inferior

Slowdive is the best shoegaze band. Not that I care much about the genre because only 8ne band is worth listening to.

How do I into shoegaze? I tried a few songs off Loveless but not really understanding the vocals turned me off. Do vocals matter? Whats the mindset I should listen to shoegaze with?

look at vocals as another instrument
the content of what they're saying doesnt matter that much, its more the melodies they're singing and some of the inflections
at least thats how I approach shoegaze lyrics

Thanks user. The list of albums I have to listen to so far is
>Loveless
>The blue mbv album
>Souvlaki
>Psychocandy
>Darklands
>Ride
>LSD and the Search For God
What else would you add?

well that's just shoegaze in general

>Isn't Anything
I like it almost as much as Loveless nowadays and the lyrics are way more audible

>EPs before Loveless
All of them are really good, You Made Me Realise and Tremolo have some of their best songs

>Candy Claws - Ceres and Calypso In Deep Time
Used to love this album, still like it but some of the novelty has worn off. Very unique production for sure

>Heaven or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins
If you're into the softer, dreamier side of shoegaze

>Starflyer 59 - Gold
Very direct and punchy

>RUBUR - True Bypass
By no means essential or even well known at all, I just found it because it was linked in a recent article about shoegaze in asia. I really enjoy it though, especially The Carcass has that trademark tremolo bending that I love
rubur.bandcamp.com/album/true-bypass

Swirlies - Blonder Tongue Audio Baton + They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days
Lush - Gala + Spooky + Split
Swervedriver - Raise + Mezcal Head
Catherine Wheel - Ferment
Pale Saints - In Ribbons
Curve - Doppelganger
Medicine - Shot Forth Self Living
Lovesliescrushing - Bloweyelashwish + Xuvetyn
Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
Kitchens of Distinction - The Death of Cool

I tried listening to this and I just couldn't get into it. Seemed boring as fuck. Meanwhile, Loveless is one of my favorite albums of all time.

You have bad taste and autism.

Whats Matt Damon doing there haha

Check out The Soundsleepers - Drowned In a Sea of Sound and both their EPs.

I agree, but they can't stand it.

>tfw slowdive and I think ride as well made a big part of the soundtrack of a movie about a male prostitute
What did they mean by that?

Cocteau twins are essential

What kind of aesthetic is shoegaze?

why though

Sate my autism
What sort of vibe and feel is shoegaze

Nothing compares to Sometimes.

Depends really, some of them invoke meloncholy, some of them are hazy, and others of nostalgia.
youtube.com/watch?v=uMuNjgULtE8

dreamy i guess

It's... varied, I reckon. Very dreamy, very hazy, but in different ways. Going off the "big three" here, Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine rely a lot more on a sensation of etherealness - Slowdive's a lot of an excessively cold sensation, almost emanating loneliness - Souvlaki, as an album, does not want to get close; while My Bloody Valentine and particularly Loveless is a lot warmer, encapsulating but not necessarily in a good way; it's an album that covers you in thick music and creates an almost idealized proximity.

Ride is a different beast. I don't know why, but their stuff - Nowhere but also Going Blank Again - emanate movement. It's a bit weird, but it's this really odd case where it feels like everything's going a bit too fast for the vocals. Someone has associated their lyrics to basically being stoner kid poetry, and that's not exactly wrong for their song as a whole. It's not necessarily stoner music but even at their slowest and haziest Ride has sort of a sensation of the world around you going too fast.

Then again people will say Ride is just "muh reverberated britpop" when they've pigeonholed shoegaze into borderline needing female vocals.

Bit of a dumb art analogy here, but: Slowdive leans towards Caspar David Friedrich; MBV is more akin to Jackson Pollock; and Ride draws itself closer to Claude Monet. At least that's how I see it.

quality post, thanks user

Better than Loveless and Souvlaki

Pygmalion is better

no, it's too pop rock

they were working class kids when they made the album, don't paint the music with its fanbase

lol

thats all shoegaze, lad. That's why I love it.

they're barely what we now define as shoegaze. it's like dreampop with reverb and delay. the movement itself wasn't even a genre when mbv and slowdive were doing it. they were just making music and are now compared because of some magazine article

Quiet and loud at the same time