Is depression 100% curable or it will come back no matter what?

Is depression 100% curable or it will come back no matter what?

Depression can stick around for your whole life but is manageable with medicine. It's an imbalance of chemicals in that case that will make you feel like irrational shit even if you should be happy

You'll be on medication the rest of your life

I am diagnosed with MDD and your pic is a pretty accurate representation of how that feels. I started my medication (wellbutrin) 4 years ago in the psych ward after a psychotic break. I added Lexapro a year and a half ago. For the past 4 years my depression has not come back, and I have been off all meds for 3 weeks now
Dw bby, you'll be fine

No, depression is just you recognizing the bad aspects of life. Just don't think about that stuff, simple as that.

It won't come back if you're dead

This is super not correct

Major kek

>be me
>on antidepressants since 19
>go off at 25
>6 months later, am insane
>developed OCD behaviours
>depressed
>not sleeping
>lost 40 pounds (was thin to start with, got scary skinny)
>mfw

Went back on antidepressants (2 now), never EVER going off again

But it is. Depression is just that, sadness. You need to realize that there are things we just can not control as human beings. There is no point in hanging onto those thoughts, let go and enjoy what you a have.

Ok, so first of all, fuck this modern perception of "mental illness"
Back in my day, it was something that was supposed to be conquered, not acquiesced to.
I blame the faggots of my generation. They taught your generation that it was ok.

I've dealt with depression. I spent a couple of years in my 20s totally fucked up.
But I got over it with focus and shame.
I knew that what I was feeling was wrong and that I needed to do something about it.
I started small and grew out of it.
Like making a domino pyramid. Piece by piece. Every day.

What's wrong with today is that people are saying that depression is incurable and inherent to a person. It's "mental illness" and can't be cured.
Wrong.
You control your fucking life. If you get hit with a brain fuck up. You fucking fix it.

A-FUCKING-MEN

Let me ask you people who are depressed. What do you think about most of the time?

You're either 12 or just don't understand lululululll

You can conquer it all you like. It will still be there regardless

You people are just looking for a scapegoat. Like the guy above said you choose what you can do, but emotions hinder those actions causing you to stay stuck in place. It is a matter of willpower that you need to take advantage of.

It's a dog you shove into a cage.
You know it's there. But you keep it in check.
You don't fucking say "Oh it's there better let it run wild"

I dont know if its 100 percent curable. Smoking weed helps me. I also take meds and it just sort of make into auto pilot mode. I really want to get off the pills and stop using drugs and drinking.

I think healthy sober life will fix me its just accepting that its time to change and i have to be ready for it.

But dont quote me i take 3 pills a day, smoke weed and get drunk everynight.

I wish i would just die or maybe get laid lol

There is nobody saying that it' can't be cured.

It is well known that depression is highly responsive to talk therapy and/or medicaions. No health professional will tell you otherwise.

t. Health professional

seconding this
there is a reason depressed people kill themselves

happiness in a human is determined by the production of two chemicals in the brain, dopamine, and serotonin. depression is the diagnosis when either of these chemicals produce irregularly.

How do the anti depressants actually make you feel? Are you constantly happy or just meh?

It's up to you. It's your brain

I could never imagine how that would feel. Guess I am wrong. Whenever I am feeling down I force myself to do things. I think to myself, "why am i feeling bad anyway?".

Lexapro had me kind of meh, drowsy all the time. Added in Wellbutrin a few months ago, gives me a boost, definitely more on the happy side of things now

Or maybe I'm not. I would imagine it depends on how strong the person is mentally. Some people just don't have what it takes to beat it alone.

thats because you don't have this particular mental illness... people with depression do not have a choice when it comes to the whole, hey what can i do to be happy, thing.

Damn, the human brain is amazing. I love thinking about things, this really opened my eyes. I will do my own research.

You try this amazing new product call not giving a fuck

Mine got better with age. 20s and 30s were almost unbearable ... suicidal. started to mellow out in my 40s. 50 now and while I am still a melancholy cynic - I wouldn't say I suffer from crippling depression anymore. I think a lot has to do with sex hormones settling down - because a lot of depression was due to frustration wit relationships and the constant driving need for sexal gratification. Now I'm on a gentle glide path into oblivion on the visible horizon and mah cock only gets hard when I say. Bitches dont run me now. The Dude abides.

It is curable if you stop making posts like this and put down the purse. E.g stop being a sissy faggot.

literally who?