How do we rate Art Angels by Grimes?

How do we rate Art Angels by Grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160820124335/http://megapeng.net/features/feature_02.11_grimes.html
maisonneuve.org/article/2011/03/4/interview-grimes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bad

Why? I thought it was a great pop album.

masterpiece

a pop masterpiece 10/10

10/10. perhaps the most exciting pop album ever.

Extremely controversial/10

Mediocre weeb pop

what is mediocre about it? who did her kind of music better?

wrong opinions

decent to strong 6/10

9/10
Great album, but her fanbase is probably the worst thing that ever happened in this world.

8-9/10 room for improvement.

5/10

sellout pop album/10

Solid 6/10

Industry plant continues to target alt-teens with standard pop music dressed up as whatever is popular. 6/10, it's ok considering what it is.

Very interesting pop record that at moments is genuinely compelling and refreshing to listen to while at other times falls flat. Scream and California are definitely the weaker tracks on the album and at times are difficult to bear listening to. That being said, Venus Fly, Kill V Maim, and Pin are worthy tracks due to the fact that nothing else sounds quite like those songs, the fact that they are genuinely catchy also helps. Add in the fact that it has fantastic production value at times and you could easily argue that it's an extremely solid album. I'm feeling a 7/8 depending on my mood at the time of listening.

>being this wrong
>makes all her art (even the covers and videos) by herself
>industry plant
wtf is wrong with you?

good post. scream and california are growers, tho.

Listen to any of her previous albums and tell me this doesn't sound like a sellout record. She's made her music so much more accessible.

My favorite song from Art Angels is Pin, it covers the melancholy of the album perfectly.

it doesn't. her new music is still synthpop, ffs. catchy =/= evil. instead using obscured melodies that hipsters love, she put those melodies right in the foreground. why the fuck you hipsters are so one note? why do you act like an artist can't make both sad and happy albums and be great at both?

/thread

>She's made her music so much more accessible.
...that's got nothing to do with "selling out". Sellouts are artists who pass off other people's art as their own in exchange for profit. Grimes making an album whose sound you don't like is just you not liking something.

plus she actually likes pop music. at the height of her "witch house phase" in 2011 she said that her favorite artists are rihanna, prince and gang gang dance.

>what are your future plans?
>Be an international pop star, go to Japan, visit stonehenge, visit the vatican library. Eventually move to the west coast and get a degree
>your 3 favorite bands:
>Rihanna,
>Gang gang dance,
>Prince ??? (hard question...)
web.archive.org/web/20160820124335/http://megapeng.net/features/feature_02.11_grimes.html

another interview from 2011:
>CB: I love Janet Jackson. Right now, I'm listening to primarily Mariah Carey, and Michael Jackson, and Ashanti, because it's all I can handle right now. There's probably more of that influencing my music than there should be.
maisonneuve.org/article/2011/03/4/interview-grimes/

Wow this isn't advertising at all user

How the hell did you get that definition? A sell out is when a band or musician abandons their artistic integrity so they can become more popular and make more sales. There are cases where a sellout takes an obscure genre or movement and puts it into mainstream which castrates it, but what you said right now sounds like the word plagiarism to me.

Exploiting and abusing a system is pretty good grounds for being a sellout

That's plagiarism. Selling out is when you take advantage of an audience that helped you gain positioning and status

>grimesfag
>doesn't know the difference between a sellout and a ripoff
imagine my shock

It's almost too easy

Who keeps making these grimes threads every day?

Not as good as Halfaxa and not even close to as good as Visions

Bump

Hey look im supporting claire this much

advertising for what?

>artistic integrity
define this term

Your relationship maybe idk

Visions > Halfaxa > Geidi Primes > Art Angels

ONE BILLION/10

Minus something

>melody hater hipster detected
aa is too low. your ranking is wrong.

Bump

I don't think anybody wants it

objectively wrong

Bump

Grimestans fuck off
The album wasn't up to her usual standards

I already know who this is

I'm having a great time

lmao imagine actually listening to grimes. grimes is the rick and morty of music.

Bump

9.5/10

$/10

i want it. hence you're wrong.
you just don't like it. fuck you too.

her music is great. you're a mere irrelevant plebster.

Sellout, but should have been expected after Visions.
>tfw we'll never have Geidi Primes/Halfaxa era Grimes ever again since that will never sell

Is she ever given any kind of boundaries at all?

>implying hipsters don't usually just listen to P4K FOTM like Art Angels

I don't like it because it's her AMLOR

How are you still talking about this

It's not terrible and it's not amazing -it's definitely overhyped however.

There is really no justification for how often it gets posted when you look at its quality.

Not my thing/10

very underrated

>A sell out is when a band or musician abandons their artistic integrity
By surrendering control over their artistic process (usually in exchange for increased sales/marketing.) Hence why the term "selling out" it has the word "out" in it. Artists doing new/different things isn't selling out. It's just them doing new/different things.

geidi primes - 6.5/10
the split with that gay guy - 6/10
halfaxa - 7/10
visions - 8/10
art angels - 3/10

see

It became the most self-involved disaster of an album. What's new.

Are there more narcissistic people like grimes? There has to be a couple

Good point user
Very good
Very good point

No one hates it or should hate it, it's a good album.

It's just that the obsessive, whiny, quick to defend, head up their ass, dumbshit Grimesfag are the cancer everyone hates.

How do we get them to hook up?

Real talk

cancer/10

it's a great and unique album
it's not overhyped at all. could you even name another album like aa?
>when you look at its quality
music taste is subjective, bro. you just don't like it. deal with it.
fair enough
she still did the whole album (bar 2 collabs) by herself
piss poor ratings
just your shitty opinion
god forbid
(you)

try hard asian pop rip off, this couldn't even be a decent b-side from Kyaru Pyamu or Seiko Oomori, you plebs are fascinated by her because you never heard real experimental jpop because is "le fedora weeb music xDD" but you praise this mediocre wannabe

This is correct

>art angels - 3/10

>unique
That doesn't sound right but I don't know enough about pop music to dispute it