Why do people hate public transportation?

>taking bus
>you don't need to drive by yourself which is tiresome and wastes your energy which hurt your studying and working
>you can get rest on the bus like sleeping
>ticket is cheap which helps you save money unlike car which wastes you plenty of money on fuel
>helps to alleviate the traffic pressure since people don't drive cars
>helps to alleviate the pollution problem

Other urls found in this thread:

cwbeggs.com/english/brief/cult-of-the-automobile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Public transportation systems in the United States are generally reliable but inefficient outside a handful of metropolitan areas.

I live in a fairly rural area - the nearest bus stop is at least 15 miles away. In that town, the capital's transportation network sends vehicles once ever few hours, makes it difficult for people with rigid early-morning or flexible work schedules to commute efficiently and without wasting too much time.

We also have few dedicated commuter lots, which means that students who drive to university, like me, would rather park on campus than the local mall. Taking the latter option means trading an easy twenty-minute drive for a twenty-minute drive plus ten minutes of waiting for the bus plus twenty minutes on the bus plus fifteen or twenty minutes of walking.

I've also lived in New Delhi for a spell, where I took public transportation like the Metro every day.

I have no gripe with public transportation.

However, in order to make public transportation an appealing alternate to its private counterpart, then the network needs to be posited as a more practical way to commute and travel than by car.

>You can rest

>Why do people hate public transportation?
because it's slow as fuck and full of niggers

This stupid city is corrupted as fuck otherwise public transportation here would be viable outside downtown and South Beach.

>schizo in the corner talking about how he's the antichrist and it's the end times
>naked man jerking off in one of the seats
>fat negress with an IQ in the 70s talking loudly on her sail foam
>two queers making out
And a whole host of other degenerate antisocial behavior.

It's just burgers trying to rationalize their shitty infrastructure.

>a Brazilian talking about shitty infrastructure

Guess what my city is known for. :^)

trannies and drug killings?

a murder capital? pretty easy guess considering brazil has 21/50 top gun murder cities

>you don't have to drive
I like cars and I like driving.

>you can rest on the bus
Sitting with my knees pressing against the back of another chair in seats designed for much shorter people is not my idea of resting
>ticket is cheap
Fuel is very cheap

It would also take me less time to go from school to my house while stopping at a supermarket AND stopping for a cup of coffee than it would be for me to take public transport straight home.

Public transportation here is shiet although I still use them most of the time when driving is impractical. I just always have to leave before 6am if I want to arrive at uni on time.

The tourist robbing capital of the New World?

It has more to do with how much the system is efficient 2bh. In the US they see public transportation as a commie thing so they don't invest on it outside of New York and maybe Chicago, but in Europe in cities like Paris, Madrid or Frankfurt public transportation is "hated". Of course there will always be people whining about it being dirty but they're a minority I think.

*Frankfurt I don't think public transportation is hated

I think your transportation systems just sucks if it takes so long, it's faster than traffic and parking and very cheap

>Why do people hate public transportation?

I see you've never met a nigger in your life

Taking holidays to Orlando and never leaving?

Why are so many weirdos in American public transportation?

But I like it.

Sopa de macano?

Because in a car you can listen to music and do whatever you want without being crushed by 100 people trying to fit in 1m^2

Also no annoying Chinese tourists and their brats

Buses are always quiet and have enough seats for the passengers. What you can only do when you are driving car is listening music. You can't do anything else since you need to pay attention on driving.
However, besides listening music, you can play your smartphone, watch movies or do other things on buses.

Public transport is generally uncomfortable, unhygienic and restrictive in where and when you can go places.
Owning a car is freedom.

HK public transport is neat and efficient

But try having lots of immigrants from Africa and mena and you will know it is so shitty elsewhere in the West

Been to HK once, your buses are pretty comfy while the trains are way too packed. What bothers me is that your bus' next stop sign/display or whatever you call it is in chinkshit and not in english making it hard for tourists.

>What bothers me is that your bus' next stop sign/display or whatever you call it is in chinkshit and not in english making it hard for tourists.

We are not cucked like you

Only Americans (as people in the American continent in general, not only the USA) hate public transport.

it's about the cult of the car and extreme individualism. The automobile gives autonomy, a sense of power, independence and also works as a status symbol to differentiate above your peers.

cwbeggs.com/english/brief/cult-of-the-automobile/

Good public transportation is like the only first world thing russia has

Because it takes longer to get anywhere and the other people who ride it are either crazy or smell bad.

This.
But it seems it is only the case in North America and Australia.
Europe, Japan and South Korea generally have good public transport.

Because it's full of niggers.

>Good public transportation is like the only first world thing russia has

Our public transportation is far from good. It's shitty and it's dying out because of lack of funds. I think it's not bad in Moscow. But again it could be better

>mfw my city has trams
>fast, simple and comfortable
>I still rather walk or take my bicycle but it's nice sometimes

Norrköping?

Yaaas.

test

God, you must have such a nice and peaceful life. I wish I was Swedish or Norwegian. I wanna die now

I """"hate"""" my local transport authority for being dumb sometimes but I think public transportation is great otherwise.