Hello user, need a sympathetic ear, advice, a fortune reading...

Hello user, need a sympathetic ear, advice, a fortune reading, some fun or just want to ask a therapist something you always wanted to?

>Tarot
at the top of your post for a tarot reading with a question for the cards.

I've randomly generated 8 numbers from 000-999 first person to land on them during the course of the thread will receive a $20 or less steam game for free. Just post proof of the (you) with a way to contact.

E>

it's like 1AM dude are you actually doing this

I work night shift M-Th. So staying up all night is a daily thing.

fair enough
you did something that's autosaging the thread from the looks of it, though. may be the mention of a steam giveaway.

Hmm, it looks like it bumped that time...

Anywho, how are you doing? What has you up at this hour?

I'm running on caffeine.

I can't sleep lol
so if I can just ask questions for advice or something from a therapist, do I just ask?
I was working on an art project for my girlfriend in secret for a while. she dumped me last week though. do I just ditch this now or what?

I did a naughty thing, Satori. It's been turning around in my head for a while now.

Confession tiem?

Ahh, wish I could sleep. It'd be worse in the long run for me. Yep, just ask away!

How much do "you" care for this project. If you finished it would you still value it? Or, would it remind you too much of the breakup?

I'm all ears... and... eyes. More eyes than ears...
(this is about to get interesting or lewd.... maybe both)

it's the best piece that I've been working on to date, and I was proud of all the work that I put into it. it was also based off of a memory of ours too
I don't wanna scrap something that I put so much into but there's all the memories

Well... any loss of something that is valuable is going to create grief, and any therapist will agree there's a process to grief including complex emotions that don't always make sense, but are important none-the-less. Part of turning a loss into a building block is learning to appreciate the experience for what it was, not what it became. If you can get to that place someday that piece of art may mean a lot to you. I'd say finish it (unless it gets too hard to do) and then if you need too, put it away until you feel better. The point isn't too run away from the feelings that accompany grief but to feel them and figure out why you feel the way you do. It's how you work it out.

>Tarot
should I quit my job and tour Asia?

I guess I can try
what do I do if it gets too hard?

A teeny bit lewd, yeah.

Happened about two weeks ago now. I was on an outing with one of my cutie friends whom I've always had a crush on. We had a nice evening together, we went to a museum, had dinner, went for a walk around a charming part of the town. When we finally got back to her place, that's where things went south.

For whatever reason I decided I could drink more than I typically can, and midway between our Parks and Rec marathon, I began to kind of make some advances on her. I could tell they were unwanted because she kept smacking my hand away, and we established friendship beforehand. I passed out midway of season 3.

She hasn't said much about it since, and we're still friends and everything. But, to be honest, I feel so scummy about it.

Op is a faggot and should kill himself

you should just be upfront and apologize.

Tarot
I would like to know if this year will be better than last, in terms of finance, work, education, or love

>7 upside down magic circle thingies...
You may not see the fruits of your labor despite the hard work. This leads to your desire for adventure, but that doesn't mean rewards aren't on the way.

I would interpret this as to give a lil more time. How likely is it that you should see a reward from the work you do? How feasible is travel for you at the moment?

Put it away. Come back to it later. It will wait for you.
How did the relationship end? Did you stay on good terms?

Agreed you should apologize. Take responsibility. If anything that will shed more positive light on yourself than hiding it or running away. I say this a lot.... everyone will let you down at one point, and you will do the same to everyone you know. That isn't important. It's how we handle the let down that is.

coming up!

>Is there a "B"... no, hang man!
The hanged man swings with a serene smile understanding sacrifice. This year will begin with some difficulty, but by enduring you will prosper. One step back, 2 steps forward.

it was amicable and I understand where she was coming from but it hurt a lot. we were together for the last half of high school and three years of college and now it's just over

Don't you think that would make things weird? To bring it out of the blue like that? She only mentioned it once, and she's been so nice to me since then, I don't want to lose that. She's such a sweetie.

She's even agreed to go on another date with me when I asked her! So maybe she didn't really mind that much?

aaand I feel scummy again, shit.

Thank you user. Its already been rough for me, so I hope that means the good is coming too.

you feel scummy because it was a scummy thing to do. it's cool to have feelings like that but if she said no that was it.

*hug*
I was with my last partner for 4 years. I learned I still had a ways to go before I was ready, personally for something that would last a lifetime. Let it hurt, but try and figure out what you'll learn from it. I know the feel user I do. I made it through... so have many others. Use it to improve.
That way the next person your with will have the best you,you can offer.

50/50. Who knows if there's a small harboring of odd feelings she's not expressing either about the situation. I suppose you could feel it out and wait until you are closer, but at the same time the longer you wait the more cowardly it may seem. I can't speak for anyone, but if some guy did that to me and apologized later.... even if I wanted to sweep it under the rug... I'd respect him more for it..

Just work on appreciating the things you have while the hard times are there. Appreciation is pretty foreign to people, but it's a wonderful skill to have.

what's that supposed to mean, the best me I can offer?
you sound like you want to talk about it too. how did you improve? do you think you could be ready for that now?

>tarot
I'm having trouble focusing on what needs to be done and I'm feeling insecure in nearly all aspects of my life.

This is why you can't judge who said what by (you)'s

Tarot
Should I ask my crush out?

Ah? I don't mind talking about. I learned I was very insecure in my interactions, too selfish with my time and money and that I was too shy. I cried a lot, I played a lot video games and I reached out and talked to my friends. A LOT. I wanted to be alone all the time, but I knew it wouldn't benefit me. With enough time I improved a lot of these aspects, but I still have more to go. I decided to not date for awhile... and work on me. I had more I could offer the next person I would be with.... I'm sure you do too. That's what I mean... the best you, you can offer the next person.

readings in next post luvs

according to the moon and the stars you need to not talk to any cancers for the next 2 moon cycles. also your crush will ask you out just mentally transfer positive aura towards them

This is a really early thread.

I guess I just don't know how to work on me, is what I'm trying to get at

nah faggot this is a late thread

>Upside down magic circle thingies...

You mean the house of pentacles...

May I ask what tarot draw you are actually doing, or are you trying to ascertain the future from a single card?

>the queen of magicka
Seek out those who would nurture you. Show you compassion, but also be honest with you. We get mired in our own lil subjective reality bubble we can't see clearly. Gain insight from those trusted, motherly and fatherly figures.

>Five golden swords (oh wait xmas is over..)
If you do, you will achieve victory, but be wary of the means... don't push to hard or step on those who would help you. Resentment can spell destruction for any relationship.

For me it's in the middle of my waking pattern... (and India too apparently)...

Ah, well... time to take a look at how things played out. What were the problems in the relationship that she brought up. What did you see?
Think back to your negative memories. Look for patterns. Then determine what aspects of yourself are causing these patterns. Determine if you feel they need to be changed to improve your future relationships or if it was just something that was problem with this one relationship. Create some measurable goals to work towards...
for example: I was too greedy. I really was...
My goal. Spend money on someone I care about at least once every 2 months... no matter how small. Or take my friends out to dinner 1x a month.
etc..

Ah, I use a deck and do one card draws (I can do a three spread, but it takes more time). The funny names are just for that purpose. To be funny dear. I only do it as homage to Reimu's old threads E>

thanks for the help anime girl, really does mean a lot
I'm gonna try to sleep now

Ah, that makes sense. I typically do celtic cross reads whenever I'm reading tarot, which can take upwards of 30 minutes, so I can understand why you would avoid using long draws.

Thank you OP. Now to find individuals like that... I guess you'd be considered one of those people right? Haha. I wish you well in future endeavors!

Best of luck with things. Nini.

Hehe, I'm verbose enough as is with my responses. Can't let myself be even slower.
I typically do tarot in these threads because people seem to enjoy them, but I've also payed homage to others who have done this sort of thread long before me by using similar approaches they did.

I've done recipes + Tea
Greek quotes
Megaman powers
a few other things

Even the giveway was a thread approach a friend used in the past for a short while. I just consider it paying respect to those who came before.

Well jeez.... I uh... I barely know ya luv.... hehe. If I did know you though I'd be happy to help. Like I said above I've suffered with that insecurity before, but I learned so much of it was in my own mind.
If you're headed out, best of luck. If not feel free to stick around and tell me about what kinds of things you get insecure about E>

I recognize who most of those are supposed to be. no cocktail recipes?

ah hehe, well.. Since Jill no longer offers "drinks" in the thread and specifically states so I decided against.

I either likely know you, or you are a good lurker heh.

Ah, a fair point. Well, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours. I shall be off now.

just a lurker. is he getting treatment for his alcoholism?

Early for me!

Time to move to India!

holy fucking quads baetmaen!
As to your question. It's kind of rude of me to comment on another person's personal matters. Like even saying he had an alcohol problem if he did or didn't would end with me feeling kind of gross. He's doing better though. Every day I talk to him I realize he's got so much insight.

Alrighty, good luck dear. Nini

Most of all the psychiatrist I know are Indian!
All the psychiatrists at my hospital are for sure.

They probably are first generation immigrants with education that moved here because India didn't pay shit, yes? My first psych was probably indian or something from around there.

So maybe don't move there after all.

fair enough. just figured that's what you meant by saying he stopped drinking. guess he never ran with any real schtick.

ah as to why. I think "think" it's because he began to see alcohol as a problem that a lot of people are facing and just didn't want to encourage it.

Most of the are yep. They're very good psychiatrists though. In fact the one's I work with now are some of the best I've known.
If I were to move out of the country it'd probably be too.... Germany or a Nordic country.

guess that would make sense yeah. his threads just feel chill for what they are, but missing something special.

I don't doubt that, wasn't meaning to be racist or something. Though the one I had I definitely didn't like. But I can say the same for even more white psychiatrists I've had.

Those countries seem pretty chill though.

Well, we've gotten pretty slow.
So! I'm calling the thread a lil early (I normally go till 6est).

Since no one got the #s
995, 614, 201, 954, 775, 223, 450, 274
Tonight. Monday 4est Ill be back and be offering a $25 or less game.

G'night everyone who came around. I appreciate you. I've got to be up in 5 hours.
E>

I joke, I joke.
But if you don't mind me expanding on my thoughts,
I guess I'm mostly feeling insecure about being adequate enough in my relationship. I thought that maybe I was being too "feminine" in that I didn't take initiative in decisions, but it was brought to my attention that I haven't been "sweet/romantic" as much as I should. I guess I'm looking at things wrong, and now I'm not sure what to think.

aww, ok. Last post

Well.... romantic/sweet mean different things to different people. If you feel like you'd like to be more so then work on a personal definition for being sweet or romantic. Define it for yourself and follow that definition. Romanticism is mostly timing based. Feeling when the mood is right to make a move or say a line, but if you feel you weren't taking initiative too that may be a factor in it. Even if you felt it, but didn't act you wouldn't come off as romantic.

Sweet is more of a kindness and softness. Try using active listening (listening to a whole thought before even starting to think about your response) more and using words of encouragement. Also.... people like hearing their names. Don't always use pet names. Make sure to address people by name sometimes. Using active listening will help you remember important things people say and they'll be impressed that you remembered later on something that was important to them.

Good luck user. You seem sweet. It'll just be about bringing it out.

>Tarot pls
i'm lost in my life, i feel emty, what should i do now ? Thanks