Do any of you guys like this?

Guess not ;_;

It was crazy popular years ago.

Im having fun with it.
Anime + war = awesome.
Its rare to actually enjoy a game nowadays

yeah, gotta finish it one day tho
story is shit but all else is fucking great

the sequel on psp is great too, I wonder why they didn't make a version for pc, would have been awesome
gotta finish this one too

I think its because its a Sony exclusive

Which is weird why 1 was released on xbox

But i just now read the HD Version was ported to PC

It's xcom for weeaboos

It's ok. I never finished it but I had some fun while playing.
I stopped playing at some point because I found the combat far too repititive and tedious. There isn't much tactics involed either.
I think the game would be vastly better if it was a turn based tactics game from a top-down perspective like Xcom. The 3rd person shooting is fine, but having to run through your turns made we quit in the later levels where you have too many troops.

What do you mean by
>run through your turns

I enjoyed it. it didn't have main character syndrome, everyone looked like their own brand of snowflake.

Gameplay was okay, standard for games of that type.

Story wasn't exactly groundbreaking but servicable for that sort of game.

It's a very casual sort of game and does very well for that. It isn't for anyone that wants the action/graphics of a AAA, or the story of a grand scale rpg.

great game

I meant that literally.
At the start of your round, you pick a soldier and then you run him to his/her destination.
That wasn't a huge problem in the earlier small levels, but later on you have to cover large distances with several soldiers.
You have cleared a part of the level already and then you need to move every single soldier through it. This was driving me insane at some point.
You spend maybe 5 minutes in actual combat and then 10 minutes moving your dudes around to the next area.
If this was a top down action game, I would just box in 7 soldiers and then give them a move command.
In this game, I have to run manually with every single soldier.

Oh daaaamn. I see what you mean

I love it. finished it twice. It's the only game i don't skip dialog with

also, Sniper>everything

the game is fun.

although im surprised no one else tried to copy the battle system

>one else tried to copy the battle system
Yup.

If you're on bigger maps, the idea is to use more scouts. The whole point of a strategy game is to figure out what works best for each situation rather than apply standard tactic to all maps.

Also, using only the soldiers you need and only calling in the heavier troops later works wonders.

Yet to see a sniper bring down a tank, user.

also, sandbag>sniper

It doesn't solve the core problem though.
Of course I figured out that scouts can run fruther and fight good enough in most situations.
But that doesn't change the fact that some situations pretty much require lancers or MG guys.
So no matter what you do with your scouts, there is some point where you have to select your other troop types and run them through a cleared part of a level.
There are so many ways to solve this. You could give your scouts like a 'call over' command. Like, if a scout has no enemies around, he can teleport a buddy to his location or something. Whatever you do, dont make me manually run my guys through cleared parts of a level ffs.

You missed the second half of what i said. you use the scouts to capture one base close to where you need to go, you use the base to call in your heavies, so you don't have to walk them from the start. the only maps where you absolutely need the heavies from the start are tiny or you start with the eidelweiss anyway. it is literally the solution you suggest except you use a base instead of a scout.

u dont sound like the strategy type

The base system may exist in the game, but from my experience it didn't solve the problem as well as it could have. Maybe moving around simply didn't bother you as much as it bothered me.
All I can say is that I usually get really deep into the mechanics of the games I play. So whatever ways there are to minimize tedious gameplay, I probably did it.
But in this game, it still left me with 30 minutes of running around, shooting guys and doing menial tasks for every 10 minutes of tactical gameplay for me to enjoy.

Train more, maggot!

even when you have them trained to twenty, the fact you don't get criticals on crouching enemies makes them a lot less effective

This isn't the one with the tanks. The one with the tanks was much better.

Lol. This game is a lot of things, but it's not strategic.
The tactics component is really dumbed down. For the most part, you are just going through the motions without really making meaningful decisions. Many levels are designed with a clear and obvious way to beat them.
Which wouldn't be so bad if the execution of your plan wasn't so tedious.

Train to thirty then!

But it is.
There's literally a tank on the cover, dude.

Same issue.

Yea i really like the tactical .real tine aspect

>only recruit girls into squad to make a harem
>place lesbians near younger girls during battles
war is a lot better with an erection

They have this game on steam?

Yee, was on sale a while ago

I used an anti tank sniper rifle. Takes them down in 2 or 3 shots

Dam, missed it.

I really enjoyed playing it a couple years ago. I tried playing the psp ones and they were fine but just not as engaging to me. I heard the recent sequel wasnt up to par either.

Still loved this one though, great gameplay. One of my fave games from a few years back.

Fucking trash game.

Gr8 game, Alicia best girl

Did you forget about me?

I like turtles