You ever feel weird about liking black music as a white person?

you ever feel weird about liking black music as a white person?

Other urls found in this thread:

praag.org/?p=7054
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No?
Sounds like you're just insecure and have unresolved issues, Funkadelic s/t is a masterpiece, if you feel weird about liking it then you're just weird

No.

there's a significant cringe factor once you get deeply into the blacker parts of a black genre (eg am I a tourist? am I an exploiter? am I neo-colonializing the shit out of this stuff, like, right now?). you just have to push it aside and keep going. historical distance helps of course, no one gives a shit at this point if you're into Storyville era jazz, or Paradise Garage post-disco, or whatever.

as far as funk itself, it's pretty hard to be a white funk fan without being a parody of a white funk fan, that's for fucking sure.

No

Lol you sound like cuck, you should only feel like an idiot if you listen to retarded black people music like degenerate radio rap. Lamo, nothing more disgusting than seeing a Wigger, or worse, a middle class dyel college kid listening to shitty rap.
>it's pretty hard to be a white funk fan without being a parody of a white funk fan
Get into post-irony faggot.

No, I don't especially if it's pic related, plus this pic.

I'm not white.

Do black ever feel weird about liking white music?

If it's racist black music, then yes, otherwise I don't know why you would feel weird.

Yes that's why I only listen to talented white alt-right musicians.
Wait a minute...

>racist black music

No, fuck off racebaiter
Anyone can listen to any music at any time
I bet some black people like Skrewdriver

I'm not completely stupid so no

What's the problem?

Im a middle class dryer than toast white man i love funkadelic. Good thoughts bad thoughts is my jam

what exactly consititues the stereotype of a white funk fan, I can't think of an example of one

Original meaning of the word "hipster", plus maybe having orgies here and there.

Strong terms there buddy. What exactly is "black music"?

what is black music? is it like black metal?

there is no such things as black music

or white music, for that matter.

delete this

sometimes

>shitgaze
>good

What even is the "blacker parts of a black genre"??

There's nothing wrong with this, in fact it's wonderful. IF you have an understanding of black culture as a whole and give it credit.

If Funkadelic is your jam and you use words like "jive turkey" but you are afraid to admit that they wrote protest songs about racism, then yes, you are a hilarious stereotype of a white funk fan

i feel the same about white music. once you get into the whiter parts of music it gets so cringey.

No but black people always look at me wierd.

synthpop and indie rock?

emo

Metal's also pretty white

never. funk is literally one of my favourite genres, with James Brown as one of my top 3 artists of all times and places.
>am I an exploiter? am I neo-colonializing the shit out of this stuff, like, right now?
I refuse to believe these concerns actually pop into your head when listening to predominantly black genres. people are exploitable, countries are colonizable - receiving music colonizes YOU with whatever musical ideas and lyrical concepts it contains.
music can't be racist, because it's just sound, but the intentions behind a song can come from a racist head. white people can create songs to make their audience hate black people, the reverse applies for blacks against whites. hell, in South Africa there is a song going around that goes:
>Kill a Boer, kill a farmer
...and the government permitted it, because it was construed as a part of "black culture." (the subject refers to very brutal farm murders targeting white people in S. Africa that have been happening recently)
praag.org/?p=7054
I've listened to tons of Funkadelic, and lots of their music are "message songs," but I don't recall ever hearing them do a song that addressed racism. sauce, if you have it.