So i want to move to LA in 3 and a half years to become Musician...

So i want to move to LA in 3 and a half years to become Musician, but i need someone who's also from Germany and has the same dream to be partners with because everythings gonna be expensive and foreign as frick. Anyone interested?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z3tRlWjvjx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude, can you even play music?

millions of people have moved to LA to try to make in the music industry. 99.9% of them fail and end up making minimum wage.

This

You have to have real talent, and then why the fuck LA of all places. Hipster ridden shitplace.

OP, let's hear what you do!

Moving to LA to break into the music industry? Is this the 1970s?

I'm not German, but I'd sure as fuck move there just to have a crack at it.

not OP, I kinda see your point, but on the other hand it's a place with lots of other musicians for you to minigle with and find people that best suit the sound and image you're aiming for. Compare that to where I currently live and it's a million times better.

why 3 and a half years? is that when you turn 18?

The collapse of the record industry combined with the existence of the internet makes it completely unnecessary to move to LA to make it in music.

Just move to a city with the most vibrant live music scene in the genre of music you're most interested in.

I play Guitar, Piano, Ukulele, and i've been working with Logic Pro X and Garage Band for the last 6 months. But i wanna progress and get better at producing so yeah

I'm also singing and planning to take singing lessons next years

It really isn't though. American music fan whose been around awhile. The only vibrant music to come out of LA in the past 20 years is the revival of LA hip/hop the past decade. Outside of that, LA's not close to being as vital as say Brooklyn or Montreal were in the 00s.

Honestly, you'd be way better off moving to New York. It costs as much, but you don't have to drive everywhere to do anything. Only move to LA if you want to act. If you want to make music, there are a dozen cities in the US you're better off moving to.

>Ukulele
that should seal the deal

To be honest, that doesn't sound nearly good enough to make it in a place where 'moving to LA' is such a mass phenomenon.

..Ich bin sogar Deutscher, aber Mann, du kannst es so schnell verkacken so schnell kansst du garnicht gucken. Und dann lutschst du Hipster Schwänze für irgendwas. Überleg es dir gut.

I really don't even care if i end up dead. i'm passionate about my dream, if i can't make it i'd rather kill myself than waste my life

>The only vibrant music to come out of LA in the past 20 years is the revival of LA hip/hop the past decade

Absolutely not. I'd say the dubstep (as in the non-grime stuff that came from fucking Brixton), EDM and EDM influenced pop came straight out of LA. They've been huge parts of popular music in the last 7 or 8 years and the tracks that make it out of the decade and define the era will be those influenced by the EDM genre and it's producers mainly from or based at LA.

You could be right, i'm not that focused on LA but it was the first thing that came to my mind, a big city in the U.S. is my goal not necessary LA

I speak German and play accordion. Belgian though

Dubstep didn't really come out of LA. The commercialization of dubstep did. Take Flying Lotus out of LA and basically you have a bunch of rich kid posers using their dad's money to play dj. That is literally the LA EDM scene.

If you want a big American city to get good playing music in, move to NYC. You'll be poor and struggle, but you're living on top of a shit ton of other musicians and artists and getting gigs won't be as big of an issue as it could be in LA.

Or nashville maybe

I just wanna make clear that i WILL do this, i know what could happen if i fail but i feel like i have to do this.
It's hard to put it in words but feel like i have to face the unknown, the danger, and the risks to make my dream reality. Dunno may sound edgy

Why would you want to move to a liberal shithole like LA where the chances of making it are against you?

I’d say within the month you’ll be addicted to meth and you’ll be selling your German asshole for dollar bills.

B&

He's 15 little Faggot

Do it rent a rehearsal studio for cheap and live in it alot of people do

Yeah I get that user. I felt that urge too a few years back. With my last cash I booked a ticket to La Gomera, a spanish island where I lived like a hippie in caves for a year or something

Doesn't sound edgy at all, jumping out of your comfort zone right into the deep end can be the most important, frightening and awesome event in your whole life. It'll change you, for better or worse. Usually for the better.

Since I've done that I feel a fuckton more awake and lively than before. Follow your freakin' dreams user, tho I'm not sure if LA would be the right place for you, it's your heart only that decides.

That's when i finish school,but yes i'll be 18 by then. I don't wanna waste time

Lass es besser..
Versuch hier erstmal Fuß zu fassen mit deiner Musik (wenn du was drauf hast)

Jop, wenn die Musik was taugt kann man sowas machen. Wenn nicht, dann viel Glück

Wish I can do that right now, want to follow my dream of doing SOMETHING with music, but everytime I try, im always told it wont happen. Im just tired of being seen as good at coding and shit, just cause im good at it doesnt mean I like it. Music is my shit, and keep up with it man, rootin for ya (sorry for the mini rant lmao)

Alright, i think LA maybe isn't the best place but it's more about going to a big city

You have to have talent or you will fail

youtube.com/watch?v=z3tRlWjvjx0

Thanks, nice to hear that from someone who actually did something like this. Did you go alone to that Island?

>Did you go alone to that Island?
Yeah, something I'm still amazed that I actually had the balls to do it.

I mean, I was a really shy dude with social anxiety and everything. Then I met someone who was on that island for a few months and although I was scared shitless it never left my mind. As NEET I had all the time, I just needed to get the money for plane tickets and some balls.

I didn't do anything for two years, was way too scared. Then one night in some drunken rage I bought a one way plane ticket to Tenneriffe. No way back from there, it was a lot of money for me.

And then I fucking did it, it was glorious, I still glow when I think about it. Highly reccomendable.

>So i want to move to LA in 3 and a half years to become Musician,

Welcome to 2018

If you go to LA you will end up xtube

You need to stay home and upload your shit to youtube

Although it sounds awesome, the day-to-day life isn't as glorious of course.

Where to get food being the main issue, even with the caves right on the beach. Fishing? Maybe, but you won't have any firewood. That sort of thing. You'll grow every day tho.

What were your biggest problems? And what were the best moments on that island?

>What were your biggest problems?

Definitely food (and water). In the beginning I had no idea how to even get food. When you arrive there you're already on the road for some time. When you go there you usually arrive by plane on the Tenerife, from where you need to take a ferry and then a really long footwalk in plain sun. You'll get there pretty dehydrated. That was an awful feeling, I wasn't sure if I'm gonna make it and what would wait for me.

>And what were the best moments on that island?

The people. When you get there you'll meet amazing people, it's all like a hippie family. When I arrived they gave me water and food, and generally everybody shares with everyone.

But yeah, others were making money with street art, playing guitar or whatever. Me being an IT guy I didn't have such talents.

So for me the ugly side of the island became apparent during the first weeks, I went to supermarkets to fish stuff out of their waste containers and things like that.

Later I helped repairing electronics in some shop on the island, which paid for food. And although it sounds like work it was different. Difficult to explain

After about a year I had enough tho, and luckily a good friend of mine bought me a plane ticket to come back. Wouldn't want to live like that forever, but it was an unforgettable thing and I might do it again shall I become NEET in the future.