Which of the big four thrash bands had the best debut album? Which had the worst?

Which of the big four thrash bands had the best debut album? Which had the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bnKySX8_Umk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Slayer had the best debut album, but every subsequent album sucked. Metallica had the best thrash album of all time, Ride The Lightning, but also released some of the worst metal albums of all time. Megadeth is the most consistent of them all, but they're consistently average. Fuck Anthrax.

My personal favorite is KIMB. While its original production doesn't give it a high relative volume, I do like how raw the album is, and how much of a fast pace it has. There's just something about it that really does sound like a bunch of angry drunk guys on speed making music thing to it. It's raw, it's fast, it doesn't rely on a ton of open note chugs like most thrash (including those other three which, while especially KIMB and SNM have great songwriting, are also more prone to open note fast strum chugs,) and it's my personal favorite of the four.

All these albums suck dick. M.O.D. and Exodus are true thrash

This guy gets it.
I have a soft spot for Fistful Of Metal, though.

Wew lad. Those are some hot opinions.

your post contributes nothing

Kill 'Em All > Show No Mercy > Killing Is My Business > Fistful of Metal

Hell Awaits > Ride The Lightning > Peace Sells > Spreading The Disease

Reign In Blood > Among The Living > Master of Puppets > So Far So Good So What

South of Heaven > Rust In Peace > And Justice For All > State of Euphoria

Seasons in the Abyss > Persistence of Time > Black Album > Countdown To Extinction

Best: Slayer
Worst: probably Anthrax

>Slayer had the best debut album, but every subsequent album sucked.
Agree with the first part, but the latter is insane.

Very accurate.

Slayer is easily the best.

Killing is my business probably is my favorite, it also has the most variety. SNM and KEM are probably tied for second even though fistful if metal is my favorite anthrax album, death from above is top tier thrash

Slayer has the worst solos. Their lead fills are decent but king and hanneman sucked at long solos. Mustaine was better and for some time hammett was too. Scott Ian is really hit or miss for me

This but Show No Mercy is better than Kill 'Em All

So far so good so what is underrated and is better than ATL and MOP

Megadeth is best. Dave had the whole Chuck Schuldiner thing where he wasn't afraid to hire musicians that were better than him, and often had jazz/shred backgrounds.

Early slayer was the most raw and brutal, but megadeth was the most consistent.

Metallica started sucking when James quit screaming.

Anthrax is a joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=bnKySX8_Umk

Metalllica had the best if only for Whiplash.

I really couldn't say who had the worst from the choices given since I like all those albums basically.

Fucking kys yourself you filthy tourist

Fucking false

False

they are all trash

Nah nugga

>hating on the mighty 'Thrax
off yourself, falsie

/thread

Agree with all besides Anthrax.

True pleb opinion. Git gud

>south of heaven > rust in peace
>hell awaits > peace sells

lmaoing @ur life rite now

This

At least I can say I have better taste in thrash than you

Fuck, how were the fourth albums so good for all of them? Euphoria was easily the worst but its still a fun album.

Dubs of truth

Fistful of Metal > Kill 'Em All > Show No Mercy > Killing is my Business

t. Gay LA Metal fan

fuck, meant to say Show No Mercy > Kill 'Em All

Slayer is the only good band among them.

Hell Awaits is the best Slayer pleb

>metal

Master of Puppets > Reign in Blood > Rust in Peace > Among the Living > Peace Sells > and Justice for All > Spreading the Disease > South of Heaven > Ride the Lightning > Killing is my Business > Kill em All > Seasons in the Abyss > Persistence of Time > Show No Mercy > Hell Awaits > Fistful of Metal > So Far So Good So What > Countdown to Extinction > State of Euphoria > The Black Album

kek, no you don't

Wrong

Troo

bümp

liking slayer, i too enjoy listening to the open top e string for the entire song

Ok, normie

Ok, normie

Ok, normie

how the fuck do people still like kill 'em all? what are you all, 12 and angry at your parents because they don't understand you? every song on this album has the same boring riff patterns, and every song sounds the same.

I used to love this album, but now that I'm older, it's nothing compared to the next 3 albums metallica would release.

metal is for kids fucking normies

Have sex and do drugs myy dude.

Between Metallica and Megadeth, leaning more towards Metallica since a lot of that was amazing due to Dave's fantasti writing but, worst probably slayer. All Slayer has going for it is "wow look how fast they play!" which Metallica and Megadeth both had down but a lot more technical.

kill em all and show no mercy were repetitive boring albums and fistful of metal is just forgettable while kimb was much more interesting

wait why did all the covers look so similar with the black backround?

I haven't actually listened to all these albums that much.... might go make a spotify playlist of it

Slayer best, anthrax worst

it was the style at the time

Thrash and then death went on have colorful painted covers and black metal became black and white photos

This, but Rust in Peace is better than South of Heaven.