Britfags of Sup Forums, what do you think of my first attempt at Yorkshire Puddings?

Britfags of Sup Forums, what do you think of my first attempt at Yorkshire Puddings?

Other urls found in this thread:

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/gordon-ramsays-yorkshire-pudding-424498
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They look great. Where you from?

Colorado

Good job dude. They've risen well and they look crispy on top. Perfect.

thanks. they seemed a little doughy inside.

here's the meal. I know it's usually beef but chicken is what I had.

8/10 would eat

pic realated

also, I didn't take altitude into consideration. 5,300 feet

No bad but would have been better if they had risen a little more evenly. Good first attempt, though. The key to Yorkshires is to drop the batter into very hot (pre-heated) oil and get them into the over quickly to ensure a good rise.

Look a bit undercooked in the middle but look good. Did you use beef fat or butter? I've used both, they're both good.

NJ fag here born and raised.

Oven not quite hot enough perhaps. Or a slightly too short cooking time? One thing that can fuck them up is coming out of the oven into a relatively cool kitchen, but they usually sink in that case.

yeah, asked /ck/ and they said more oil less batter. Used vegetable oil, and it was hot enough the batter sizzled when I poured it in.
Here's the recipe
geniuskitchen.com/recipe/gordon-ramsays-yorkshire-pudding-424498
>inb4 meme chef

This guy knows.

These need to be waaaaaay fucking thinner.
Not only does that let them serve their intended purpose better, but it also word them cook more evenly and therefore not turn out doughy on the inside.

Oil is better because it gets hotter.

apparently beef drippings is GOAT. going to try that next time.

yup, see

As a yorkshireman this thread is depressing... Il give you a tip the rest of the world, if your not a basic bitch, throw away your shitty little muffin pan.

I'm aware. you glorious winged faggot. It was a first attempt. If my thread is so depressing..
kill you are self

I wasn't having a go at you mate, they look fine. A bit thicc but some like like 'em that way ;)

They're popovers, individual servings. That's how I make them too and I don't give a fuck what some pompous britbong has to say about it.

ok. posted my typical Sup Forums response

Haha we are anything but pompus. More simple if anything, google "traditional Yorkshire pudding" and look at the first image

Britfag here and everyone I know makes them the same as you and OP. Go in any pub or restaraunt and it's the same.

Traditional is something different.

It's like NY pizza vs Neapolitan pizza.

Why is it pudding when it has flour in it?

Yes resteraunts make them this way because it is easyer even here, doesn't make it any more traditional.

oh yeah, and by "I'm aware" I meant I knew the tins were too small. My Nana's old muffin tins.

>typical Sup Forums response.
gotta have a thread where we post these

because England says so

omg i recognise those gazelles...
i got some here! are they mass produced?

lel nailed it

Well no, but "traditional" was basically cheap food to fill up poor people. Surely it's moved on a bit since then? Although I have to say, a big Yorkshire full of stew is the best winter food in existence.

In the small vilages with big families you just do one big one in high rimmed pan and cut it, I can't blame anyone for doing it they way everyone else does but yeah. its a culture thing i guess kinda gets it

Fuck. I've got a couple of those too.

what

I mean, we still do it this way after generations. I guess its a "tradition" that is passed down but still if like I said before a quick google will show you.

OP here, Iv'e seen those. GBBO I think. I always thought it was 12 individual puddings.

its* fuck me

They are great man, Try making a bigger one next time, about the size of 4 you have there and put a few sausages in there to make "toad in hole".

I live in Colorado. So altitude becomes an issue when baking. That affected the outcome of my puddings.

Like I said, I don't blame you at all. Know one knows thats the depressing part

so, do you heat the oil/drippings, load the filling, then the batter and the bake for comfy deliciousness?

Yeah, I've eaten proper Yorkshire pud , when I was a kid we used to visit family friends in Halifax and it was a highlight of the trip. I'm from the Midlands and my mum only ever did small ones.

YES THIS, sounds good!

eat with cream or syrup. yum.

they should be crunchy not too soft. if you have to chew too much they are undercooked. yours like 7/10 a good start b

yup, user recommended leftovers with butter, cream and jam.

No i never asked my grandad but I assume he uses some kind of angel dust (yes its the same but bigger)

Maybe a no brainer, but I always make sure my oil is so hot that it seems like its smoking. Like, I preheat the oven, then put oil inside the tray and put that into the oven until its just started to smoke a little. Then, I dont touch the oven at all till its done.

right on. that;s why I came here , for tips to make them better. thinking alitle batter, filling and then more batter.
mfw angel dust is a nasty drug here in the states

here got a pic finally

would fuck

The best thing Sup Forums has done is make me want to visit England for the cuisine. Probably going later this year. (--oldfag Amerifag that has never been to Europe)

Thats a mighty fine tray of yorkys you got there my lad, good on you. Well done

avoid everywhere that has "ham", "ton" and "combe" in its name its like a game of the floor is lava.

dont call us europe at the moment. wont go down well

thanks m8tyboy
sorry bout the m8tyboy thing

englando is and always be in europe
> its a continent

>england=continent

S'alright me old pal fella me old chip pan mate Bob chap gent r kid geez buddy squire and the whole ten marbles

Are you trying to be retarded?
Europe is a continent england is in Europe
Even when we leave the European union were still in Europe

england is not in continental europe.