Hey Sup Forumsitchtards I'm looking for your best advice on horror movies of the last 30 years I'm looking to get...

Hey Sup Forumsitchtards I'm looking for your best advice on horror movies of the last 30 years I'm looking to get scared and mind fucked! Help a guy out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1tNrvDA_eE8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey nigger, horror movies are fake.

Jacob's Ladder is usually a go-to horror flick for me, start there.

Also an excellent choice.

Thats why OP needs a good one. Allowing the immersion into a horror movie is difficult but when an artist can really twist a tale it is one of the better film experiences, in my opinion.

Oh my God!!! No way!? Are you are? Do you have proof? I don't believe you! You mean a movie that's put out to millions of people and seen by millions is fake!? No way that can't be true! It just can't be! Nope all horror movies are real I refuse to believe you and your lies!! You sir are liar!!

Samurai Pooh

Antichrist- you’ll be a Lars von trier fan for life

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm just looking for something different that I most people don't know about

>looking to be scared by horror movies
You have to be at least 18 to post here.

Dear Zachary

Just watch NewGrounds videos from 2004

I don't want to be scarred for life!!!

Grifter

I suppose you've already seen some then?

Dude yeah I remember when new grounds was the new edgy place

The den isn't quite a horror flick but a damb good watch none the less. Gives you a glimpse into just how fucked up we are as anons

The Thing 1982
Jacob's Ladder
The Blair Witch Project
[REC] 1 & 2
Halloween 1978
The Evil Dead (preferably 2)
Suspiria
Tetsuo the Iron Man
28 Days Later
It Follows
Get Out
Don't Breathe
Hush
A Cure for Wellness

Something you need to learn, considering you sound like a horror amateur, is that horror is not synonymous with scary. Never was. Never will be. Scary is a byproduct of what horror movies entail, which is a vibe with the intent to shock, disgust or terrify. Them being scary can just come from that.

So I say that, without a doubt in my mind, The Thing 1982 is the best horror movie ever made. It understands the nuances and ideas of what makes a horror concept so fucking perfect for cinema. But it's not scary. It just isn't. It has some gross, weird shit. But it doesn't scare you. But that doesn't stop it from being the best of the genre. They're all different.
If you want horror movies that actually scare you, I'm at a loss, because I'm too numb for it now, I don't know what makes a horror movie SCARY. But all the ones I listed are all bizarre, unique, cult-classics, fun and rewatchable.

Oh, I forgot to also add Frankenstein's Army. That's a great body horror movie that's come out in the past 10 years.

Me too I remember when I came aacross 'TheSickDeathFiend's videos for the first time, I was only about 13 and didn't know what I was getting into.
Needless to say I was still paranoid for like a year.
NewGrounds isn't as edgy as it used to be, now it's all A bunch of Tumblr "art" and r34. And the videos are all so generic now there's not enough story in some of them.
Plus you have to be a paying member to use the chat, which fucking sucks.

Anything directed by Rob Zombie

V/H/S

Do you have a torrent for high res barlowes inferno scans?

here's a list of horror movies I've been meaning to watch that look like they might be worthwhile

• L'UCCELLO DALLE PIUME DI CRISTALLO (THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE) (1970)
• DON'T BREATHE (2016)
• HORROR OF DRACULA (1958)
• ERASERHEAD (1977)
• GREEN ROOM (2016)
• HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (1959) {AND THE MODERN ONE TOO}
• THE WAILING (GOKSUNG) (2016)
• GET OUT (2017)
• The Orphanage (2007, Spain)
• The Witch (2015, USA)
• The Night of the Hunter (1955, USA)
• I Saw the Devil (2010), Shudder
• Man From Nowhere (2010), Shudder
• Cure (1997), Filmstruck Criterion Collection
• A Tale of Two Sisters (2003), Shudder

if they got some shit at the end of them, that's the platform I can find them for free on. Some of these are old and obscure and public trackers won't have them

oh also theres a grudge vs the ring movie on Shudder, it looks like trash but it might be funny enough to watch

>Man From Nowhere (2010), Shudder
>horror

Don't watch a film.
make a film.
Create horror.
Go for a walk with a knife.
Find someone.
Let what happens, happen.
If it doesn't happen, make it happen.
Create horror.
You're the god of your life, and your universe.
Become the god of someone else's life. End their universe.
God gives, and he takes.
Take.
Take it all.

Theres a Belgian(?) movie called 'the Vanishing' - 'Spoorloos' that is one of those movies that will stick with you for life.

Not really a traditionally scary movie, but definitely fucked

killing yourself would be a cool movie

Don't watch a film.
make a film.
Create horror.
Go for a walk with a knife.
Find someone.
Let what happens, happen.
If it doesn't happen, make it happen.
Create horror.
You're the god of your life, and your universe.
Become the god of someone else's life. End their universe.
God gives, and he takes.
Take.
Take it all.
Allahu Akbar.

This
This movie fucked me up

I am currently watching 'HOLIDAYS' a series of short films based off of holidays. I enjoy little things from the minds of people as apposed to big movie names from big companies with pandering algorithms. The things that come from the deeper parts of humans is what truly scares me.

lol

More mainstream, and a psychological thriller, still got me pretty good

once youve seen a decent amount of horror movies it doesnt scare you.
grew up watching them, dont enjoy them as much as i used to. no adrenaline but still my favourite genre

Tokyo gore police

Baskin.

Before I wake is one of my favorites since it doesn't use or need jump scares. All of Deltorros movies are pretty spoopy.

Not sure whatll do it for you but for me insidious was pretty terrifying, and the new evil dead had a few disturbing scenes.

Also emily rose but i was raised catholic so even though im more or less atheistic now "demons are an actual thing" is still beaten into my brains cultural hard drive.

Session 9

insidious 4 keys sucked ass. irrelevant and just a side story. pointless

The Greasy Strangler is probably the best horror movie ever made!

>The Strangers
>The Mist
>1408

The best horror movie this century is definitely The Babadook by far, but it's psychological, not really "scary" scary

cant go wrong with The Thing (1982)

Just saw you say that as the thing came on the t.v.

This nigga right here nigga, this a real nigga. +1

watch bride of chuky and poop your pants

Like the ABC's of death.

>it follows

Hang yourself

>get out

Fuck off nigger.

Shittiest movie I've seen along with It Follows

Prince of Darkness
Baskin
Aftermath
Audition
In the Mouth of Madness
Event Horizon

House of a 1000 Corpses. Can't go wrong with that.

>event horizon

Whats the deal with that scene the demon rises from the water in front of a prone lawrence fishbourne before cutting to the next scene and the next time we see him.he just casually walks on set just fine and unharmed? Was there a deleted scene or plot point i missed?

The Myst (People's stupidity can be so scary)
Martyrs (French version)
Cannibal Holocaust
American Mary

eraserhead is a good one

the devils backbone

What you may want to look into besides horror is good suspense movies based in the real world.

horror on its own isn't scary. hell the worst of the horror movies I see all have to do with slow builds and giving you an explanation of that creak you heard. you own a home, even if it's not the oldest home, you have noises you can't explain without being by the source

that said, the first Paranormal Activity is pretty good at giving explanations for the small shit you see or hear.

The emoji movie

*tips fedora*

You should watch the 1st and 2nd human centipede or ghost adventures Or wrong turn 4 I think with the thing that blends in with the sand. I tell u these movies because these could be real and physic horror. Or play the slender man woods game or find something scary on youtube like real tests or something.
Normal horror movies don't scare me because it's just cheap jump scares and made up ideas.
Plz don't watch 'Get out' that movie is a joke and basically for 12 year olds u should watch the paranormal activity movies those r alright to.

This one is pretty good.

Little bizarre.

Aftermath...from 1994. Jesus, fuck.

What is this from. I am intrigued.

My god this is on right now.

Ha good choice that one is fucked

Reqieum for a dream is a god one.

Looks like Inside, a french new wave horror film.

It is a French movie, Inside. Where a woman wants to steal a child.

man, this movie was lame. i loved the visuals but calling it a horror movie... nah.

pretty dark but not really a horror film

Eden Lake
Martyrs (the french one, not the horrible US remake)
The Grudge (korean/japanese/slanty eyed one)

I mean "hills have eyes"

Yeah, but it is really messed up tho.

I saw the devil is not at all a horror movie, but it's still a fucking great movie. Watch Thirst if you want a decent korean horror flick.

texas chainsaw massacre

Yeah Eden Lake is pretty fucked. Martyrs is so disturbing.

This

Shrek 2

A Christmas horror story. I won't spoil the end for you, but it's a mind fuck.

Was Mother a shit movie? Looks like it's just going to be a rip off of Rosemary's baby.

not really horror but "american psycho" is such a great slasher

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Mother is Ok but it is not scary. It's a psychological thriller with lots of confusion.

A Serbian Film
Antichrist
Megan Is Missing
The Girl Next Door
Eden Lake
It Follows

The latest Evil Dead wasn't that bad.

From someone who's fully desensitized from horror movies, you gotta move on to documentaries.

Cropsey
Paradise Lost
Killer Legends
Jonestown
The nigtmare
Out of the Blue
I know what I saw

I was supremely dissapointed with "It follows". So overhyped.

>The Girl Next Door
sylvia likens story and not cuthbert lol

youtu.be/1tNrvDA_eE8

Here are some disturbing ones:
Red White & Blue
The Devils Rejects
Melancholie Der Engel
War Zone
Cannibal Holocaust
Cutting Moments 1997
The White Ribbon (2009)
The Stoning Of Soraya