Im 25 years old and live in Connecticut and want to start a punk band

Im 25 years old and live in Connecticut and want to start a punk band.

I dont know how to play any instrument nor do I know anyone that would be down to start a band with me

How would I go about doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7SBQ6X5HU
youtube.com/watch?v=8_dXp0eF8s0
youtube.com/watch?v=YXbIUhuSBvc&list=PLEvr99j7ruPz6rLqMcIFM4wb-7hwK2f7C
youtube.com/watch?v=41z9bCiLzi0
youtube.com/watch?v=1FFIFsK1duw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Find some locals who are also into punk and make friends. Where in CT you at?

do you have dave grohl's #?

>I dont know how to play any instrument nor do I know anyone that would be down to start a band with me
Can you sing? Are you cute?
Otherwise just learn bass.

move to nyc and make a band with me lad

Milford, CT

Sing? no. Cute? eh I am average looking

not even joking I seriously thought about selling all my shit and moving to NYC. I was born in Manhattan and lived there for a bit when my dad had an apt there. Where in NYC you at? Manhattan? Brooklyn?

queens, but close to brooklyn. lots of cool shit and venues in williamsburg and greenpoint

>punk
>learning an instrument

yup ive been to Williamsburg a bunch for shows n all that, 285 kent, babys all right, Music hall of Williamsburg.

Are you in a band atm or play an instrument? Im not joking man, I really might move to NYC. Finding a job might be my only problem but I can easily acquire around $10k after selling off a bunch of stuff I have

I guess thats pretty true

>25 year old
>punk
how pathetic.

elaborate

yeah, i play bass. looking for a band too but no luck/met incompatible people

>wanting to move to new york with maybe 10 grand

you are like a little baby.

punk is such a juvenile ethos, if it can even be considered one.
also, not knowing what you want out of life, or how even try to methodically reach your goals at 25? i'm your same age btw

live in a squat, steal all your food, stop showering

then you have the true punk cred needed to become a millionaire from it.

I'm across the border in springfield ma, and I have some songs written. If you're the hartford area we might be able to do something

Besides that, CL, and maybe diy collectives that have a scene around them might be a good place to look.

Step one though, is buying an instrument.

>stop showering
>mfw am 1/3 true punk

either become a vocalist or pick up a guitar and learn some power chords

Listening to Ween and hearing about how they'd just sit down in some fly-ridden farmhouse and pump out tracks was pretty inspiring to me and now i really want to start a band

Cool cool, do you have a throw away email i can contact you at?

yeah I know $10k is nothing

Awesome, I hope you are happy with your life and you're going after what you want. Im serious. I'm "sorry" we don't have the same path in life or that I dont have a "normal" life path.

Sweet, Im only an hour and a half drive from springfield. And I thought about using CL but thats pretty sketchy, I have only used it for buying and selling cars. And as far as instruments go, I only have a shitty $100 keyboard. but I figure i can do vocals. Maybe I should invest in a guitar?

Yeah I was thinking about becoming a vocalist

I've heard of Ween but never heard of their stuff, will def check them out.

>25, CT, can't play an instrument, probaly an edgelord
just make noise muisc. get a matrix mixer and pedals. no talent or thoughtfulness required friend !

Listen to Suicide, start making your music on PC

>How would I go about doing this?
make electronic music
don't be retarded kid.

you can sample anything. why waste ur time being in a shitty band when the internet is your oyster

I genuinely don't like noise music.

Are you talking about these dudes?

youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7SBQ6X5HU

Not really a big fan of it tbqh.

All you need is boss HM2. Guitars tuned two steps down. Any idiot drummer can play Dbeat or thrash. Toss in some edgy political imagery and you are set.

I don't have anything against electronic music but I don't want to make it.

Don't care about sampling. I'm not doing this to achieve fame. I'd rather be in a shitty band then be soundcloud famous.

Oh, come on, you gotta love Suicide

recc me some songs by them, im literally listening to that song i linked as I type this

youtube.com/watch?v=8_dXp0eF8s0

The whole Suicide (1977) album, it got deleted from Youtube, but here's a playlist:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXbIUhuSBvc&list=PLEvr99j7ruPz6rLqMcIFM4wb-7hwK2f7C

I really like Cheree

25 is ridiculously old to be into punk

will give it a listen

says who? Who made those rules? or is society going to shame me for being 25 and into punk? Fuck you might be right dude, maybe I should listen to you.

This whole thread is an embarrassing read through.

It's a punk band g

Awesome.

I live in Bethel, CT. I'll be in your band.

OP sounds like an asshole. he'll probably kick you out over some autistic shit brother

>says who? Who made those rules? or is society going to shame me for being 25 and into punk? Fuck you might be right dude, maybe I should listen to you.
do you even have a job lmao.or is mommy and daddy still supporting you

>starting a punk band
>on Sup Forums
Enjoy getting blacklisted from all venues because tumblr says you frequent a neo Nazi site

>says who? Who made those rules? or is society going to shame me for being 25 and into punk? Fuck you might be right dude, maybe I should listen to you.

I was going to invite you to play with us but nevermind.

>25

Why? Alan Vega was +30 when Suicide started playing.
If he wants to do it, so what?

Im down, have you been in a band before? Would I be wrong to assume you play an instrument?

I sound like an asshole because I was mean to you?

I left my house at 18 years old and have been supporting myself since then. Whats the problem.

>Im down, have you been in a band before? Would I be wrong to assume you play an instrument?
I play guitar, about 2 years now. never been in a band before but have jammed with plenty of people. You smoke weed? Hope so.

>a faggot and a potbro start a band
This is going to be some next level Fugazi shit

Who says we're going to tell people we met on a vietnamese straw hat weaving forum?

Yeah right, you're just memeing me mate

>I play guitar, about 2 years now. never been in a band before but have jammed with plenty of people.
Cool, do you have a throwaway email?

>You smoke weed? Hope so.
lol I do not. I had it once when I was 21. Im not against weed, I just don't like it myself.

Buy a horrible $40 used guitar and a Line 6. Do not tune guitar. Learn power chords. Write angry lyrics. Create a sequence of around 3 power chord. Congrats. Find someone who has never played the drums to be your drummer. With the money you saved by buying shit gear, buy your official rebellious, independent, standard issue punk outfit from hot topic. You are now a punk band.

>do you have a throwaway email?
[email protected]
>lol I do not
that's fine but I smoke a lot so just sayin

LOL DUDE WEED

Yes, I like smoking weed.

good advice tbqh.

bump

you god damn gringos
try forming a punk band here in mexico where every person listens to despacito

i'd join your band OP

doesnt mexico have a thriving punk scene tho?

this was just uploaded a week ago regarding mexico's punk scene

youtube.com/watch?v=41z9bCiLzi0

anybody in the world can be taught power chords

come mierda deja de llevarte con tortilleros

I can play guitar for your band.

Move to Minnesota and be in my band

where do you live tho

I know nothing about Minnesota, whats it like living there?

I also live in CT. Move out. This place is shit. Or find some people in New London to play with.

yeah man I'm thinking about moving to the city, where in CT are you from? Im in Milford.

I really want to move to California but thats $$$$$$$$. Also considering Colorado, but I know nothing about it.

>Punk
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Everyone in this thread should kill themselves, including me

whats wrong with punk?

what do you listen to lad

Kek.

Everything is wrong with punk
I listen to good music user

>Also considering Colorado, but I know nothing about it.
if you know nothing about it then why are you considering moving there? south park?

whats good music, introduce me to some good music

south park? i didn't even know south park was based in Colorado

then why do you want to move there?

Rites of Spring
Embrace
You Blew It
Moving Mountains

kys, conformist.

>Punks calling someone else a conformist
Hahaha jesus
Punk is literally the most conformist music ever made. It's corporate garbage that has a ruse of diy to trick idiots like you

>likes post hardcore
>dont like punk
WTF

Hit me up with some good quality punk bands that are mature, most of what I heard demonizes anyone who isn't them and is terribly produced

The Clash
Damned
Dead Kennedys

Couldn't get into the dead kennedys because jellos voice reminded me of henry the octopus

I dont like his voice too. I listen to Kennedy's because East Bay Ray is a good guitarist. And because the lyrics are good.

It's because you got tired.

Go die in a hospice.

Start a noise project with just yourself instead, at least there's more creativity there than punk. Plus it's always easier to work by yourself, unless you're close with your band mates.

Atom And His Package was one guy with no instruments.

youtube.com/watch?v=1FFIFsK1duw

Nomeansno were all like 40 when Wrong came out.

Then they should've killed themselves instead of coopting punk. Cunts that old literally do not understand anything, they are set in their ways and don't change

The Adverts - damn good 70s punk - One Chord Wonders might be the maturist song ever about being immature (and not in an old boring fart sense, it nails being young and inexperienced and bad and snotty while still self aware beyond its years - but sincere ; no bullshit safe irony)

Old fag reporting

When I was a punk as fuck teenager (about when Wrong was released) i wanted to hate NoMeansNo for that very reason but couldn't because they were just too good. Live, especially

They might be good musicians but they cannot understand and relate to the plight of the young, because they're part of the problem

Do people over 22 actually browse here?

no advice but all us late bloomers should unite and destroy the world
there should be a wider genre that was just aficionados and common peasant people that love music picking up and going with it. as a pop-oriented guy its kind of disappointing to me that that space was ever only occupied (if at all) by punk.

anyway theres a guy from the netherlands called spinvis he released his first album at age like 38 and its considered one of the best albums there. we're all gonna make it.

>thinking you magically stop being a loser for some reason at a certain age when common sense would dictate that, if anything, the exact opposite would be more likely

This is projection but what you're implying is really correct. The amount of teenies I meet that legit think life's gonna change out of no where is really sad. Like when you hit twenty all of a sudden you're something more

>wasting the best years of your youth on Sup Forums
lad

Get a bunch of friends together and whine about life in the suburbs.

What the fuck is this meme where if you live in a certain place you can't have problems? Also literally everyone lives in a suburb

Follow local music venues facebook pages and go on nights when they have punk shows. Meet the people in the bands, the people in the crowd, and get into the scene. Make friends with a few of them, invite one to drum at your house someday, scream out about 3 or 4 terrible songs and then hop on with a local promoter who sets up the other punk bands with gigs.

t. Local musician

Ya'll need to like a band on Facebook called El Jumbotron. I'm in a different band called Dead Radio but god damn El Jumbotron was some of the best punk I've ever heard

Definitely listen to The Adverts, this band is fantastic. I learned about them years ago after seeing a John Lydon interview. He said they were one of his favorite bands of the whole 70s punk scene and that's saying something since the guy seems to hate a lot of stuff. Bored Teenagers is probably one of my favorite songs ever followed up by On The Roof. Such a shame that their second album couldn't match the tone of the first.

HAHAHAHA oh look at this rebel.