Why do liberals keep saying poor people cant afford to eat healthy?

Why do liberals keep saying poor people cant afford to eat healthy?
I just bought 5 lbs of carrots for $3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ul56h88blSM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empty_calorie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Carrots are great. What other inexpensive veggies does /pol know about?

1 pound of carrots is like 3 calories
You'd die if you only ate carrots
Not. An. Argument.

Carrots have negative calories. Poor people need calories.

>Poor people need calories
They why are they so fat?

That's celery, carrots have lots of sugars. Just googled it and large carrots are like 30 calories each, which is definitely low.

THIS PLACE IS GETTING DUMBER BY THE FUCKING HOUR ARE THESE BOTS?!

61 grams is 25 calories.

you need to lose weight you fat fuck.

lentils and rice cost like $4, it's just that poor people spend their money on shit, overpriced fast food because.

You can buy 10lbs of potatoes for like $1.50.

Head of lettuce for .35 cents.

Celery is $1 for a bunch.

Pretty much anything that isn't fruit is inexpensive

Carrots are good for suppressing hunger. I eat them every day before work.

Bologna cake is good too if you eat it in moderation.

Bulk beans
Bulk rice
Bulk veggies
Cheap chicken 2x a week

A good crock pot and rice cooker

Mom's spice rack

Literally eat like kings for 4 bucks a day

If its not organic you might as well trash it

Carrots give me diarrhea

What does it mean Sup Forums?

i want to fucking die

You have a diet with low fiber and your gut cant handle it.

"organic" is a marketing scam but yes they were organic

This picture never ceases to disgust me.

Rice cost ~$.50/lbs at Piggly Wiggly

Rice and beans have a fucking shitload of calories. I understand that if you're poor, you need calories, but it adds up so fast. If you want to fill full, you'll be fat as fuck if you eat mostly rice and beans.

Because most people know fuck all about cooking. People think "I'm going to cook this one meal for each day and that'll be healthy and inexpensive! What!? Why is it so expensive?" when you should cook in bulk. You'd be surprised how much people cook personal meals and then complain about the cost. Buying food in bulk is way cheaper than buying individual ingredients to make a little meal. I buy a fuckton of chicken and beef because I have a smoker. I cook and smoke it all and I have my protein for the entire week, three meals a day for around $90.

>not eating chicken and beef liver, sliced thin and sautéed in a pan with garlic and onion
>not eating gourmet meals for under 3$/serving

I have no pity for the vast hordes of obese McDonald's eaters on food stamps

>my dog and I eat the same food

But that's another thread

Whole Foods

I'm blind someone please describe what's happening in the attached image

Most poor people have poor education of food and meal prep. They see shitty frozen foods or fast food (void of nutrients) and think it's a good deal/filling. If you were to fill a shopping cart with rice, beans, greens, and a bit of fruit, they'd laugh at you for "not buying real food" and say it's too expensive, even when all that food can inexpensively provide meals for the week vs. their shitty fast food that lasts one day or less.

Also, rich libfags live in areas where "healthy" means buying a $12 of raw kombucha, so their perception of efficient shopping and meal prop is skewed too.

because liberal think you have to shop at whole foods to get real healthy food.

I think what you meant to say is that most poor people are stupid which is also why they are poor.

>potatoes
Fucking this, people eat rice and pasta wich don't contain any vitamins as opposed to boiled potato

Pretty much the heart of my message. Just fucking learn how to meal prep and you will eat like no other and save like no other.

>Head of lettuce for .35 cents.
>Celery is $1 for a bunch.

Cheap yeah, but no real nutritional value or caloric density. Better off dealing with root veggies.

>Because most people know fuck all about cooking.
any idiot can put peanut butter on celery

But I don't like baked potatoes...

Basically Libs are sheltered and don't know where to actually get things when you're poor, because they're all upper-middle-class.

Ya but are they, gluten free, gmo free, organic, farm fresh, local, and from a company that condemns Donald Trump....I'm waiting

>mfw poor people eating shitfood

It is never about the poor. It is always about power. They walk on the backs of the poor and minorities and women and whatever else can help them achieve power.

One important thing - notice that most of the lexus liberals all live in white communities, send their kids to schools you and I couldn't send ours to and infest our areas with people they wouldn't let near their own areas.

Grocery in Florida is expensive as fuck compared to grocery back in New York.

Why are liberals so retarded?

Broccoli, fresh spinach and lettuce, all types of onions, more fanciful things like cilantro and asparagus. All dirt fucking cheap. Buy whole chickens if you're super poor, full breasts aren't too expensive, flank steak, chicken/beef livers, steelhead trout (as good as salmon but cheaper) once a week. Eat yogurts (w/coupons you can pay ~50c per) and boiled eggs (3$max x18) for breakfast with bulk muesli or granola w/ milk. Gallon of milk per week is a few dollars.

I'm fucking 6'3 220lbs and I eat like a horse for less than the average person spends a week on takeout.

damn that looks good

bulk anything is cheaper than fast food 3x a day. The people saying you can't eat well for cheap probably just suck cock at economics

Damn that looks like shit.

There's no such thing as "negative calories" you fucking mong.

All varities of potato are pratically free.
Apples are about $2.00 a pound
Pears are $1.50 a pound.
Corn is free bro. Like just go ask, "lemme get some cobs." and they will give you free corn.
Cheap meat? Just buy whole chickens. Thigh and breast cuts...you're just paying for the meat processing. Whole birds are about $1.00 a pound.
Best cuts of steak? Chuck eye.

It goes on and on. Shop at Kroger. Everything is cheap. God bless America.

That's the name people give empty calories, you fucking leaf.

op is spot on

Produce is fucking cheap
But in the modern world convenience>everything else

no one said only eat carrots you retard. And that isn't even factually correct.

How the fuck do you cook beans in a way that doesn't take a month and a half?

mmmmmm goddamn it's been forever since I've had Surf 'n Turf. Can almost taste it.

Nothing has negative calories, you still get calories from celery.

>All varities of potato are pratically free

where negro

Also if you have a giant appetite like me, and can't live without snacks, there are always really good coupons for the family sizes of decently branded lunch meat and sliced cheese of your choice. Pair with a bottle of sriracha or spicy mustard and you can have a filling snack for a week for 5$.

>at work they laugh at me for wanting nearly constantly

Life is suffering

youtube.com/watch?v=Ul56h88blSM

He said boiled potato. Cook em, mash em, stick em in a stew?

There is no quick way. You can soak them over night to shave off some time, but it is still gonna take a couple hours.

>American """"""people""""""

Poor people (and lots of liberals) don't know how easy it is to grow your own food for relatively free.
Pic is my garden last year. (hope I scrubbed the exif data wheeeee)

i work at a grocery store, produce is the most expensive type of food per gram that we sell. other than maybe premium foods like organic fancy cheeses and such

Wow not only can poor people eat a healthy meal for cheap, poor fags and women have cheap entertainment.

Richfags btfo

I don't know murican prices but I cook for myself and my mom. We're going at about 700$ a month. I think we eat pretty healthy. Almost never deep fry anything.

Basics of my meals is

Onions
Carrots
Paprika
Green Beans
Corn

With this you can stir fry it in a wok, cook it as a stew, steam it.

You can add chicken meat with it any kind really.

Then you also have cauliflower and brocoli that go well together.

Mushrooms can always be added to the mix.

Lettuce can be filled with cheap minced meat.
Paprika can be filled with cheap minced meat and cooked in a tomato stew. Well call it Chufte here.

Then if you have eggs, flour, yeast and milk you can make from Bread to Pancackes in 30 minutes.

I see all these poor niggers living in some sort of suburbs with small houses.

Takes this picture here. See all that grass? Why isn't there tons of vegetables and fruit trees planted there?

Because those aren't organic, gluten-free, vegan carrots. If you aren't paying $12 per lb for carrots you're not eating healthy.

Empty calories refers to foods that have a high caloric density, but a relatively low amount of nutritional value. Usually foods high in sugar.

The negative calories myth has nothing to do with the concept of empty calories.

Why are Americans so retarded?

I get my groceries at Walmart. They have a lot of real food there that most people ignore for frozen breakfast sandwiches and frosted cookies.

Negative calories is a myth.

But carrots are the worst vegetable to eat considering they have so much sugar.

Stick to brocolli and brussels sprouts. They aren't memefood yet because the normies haven't memed them to the point of annoyance.

Remember kids. Memes are for normies.

>mfw a poverty stricken nothing eats fast food near me

>Corn is free bro. Like just go ask, "lemme get some cobs." and they will give you free corn.

Where the fuck do you live? Some sort of agriculture community that has an over abundance of corn or something.

that being said corn is pretty cheap but really lacks nutrients. Its good filler though.

i find it to be negligibly cheaper to make a garden, hours of work for 5 bucks worth of tomatoes is kinda pointless

People need to stop consuming fast food, it's addictive as fuck. After you give it up for a while, it becomes fucking disgusting and you'll never want to eat it again.

Rice, fibrous vegetables, potato, oats are all super inexpensive and satisfying sources of carbs.
Skinless chicken breast and certain fish are cheap sources of protein.
Nuts and stuff can be a little more expensive, but don't need to be eaten in vast quantities and are good sources of fats.
Learn to use good sauces and spices, it's pretty fucking easy to get by.

>produce is the most expensive type of food per gram that we sell

How much of that produce is imported from USA or Mexico? That is probably why it is expensive.

onions are very good

Why is it that European 80 year olds are still tilting the fucking soil for their home grown vegetables while niggers sit on the front lawn smoking cigarettes blaming the white man for their poorness.

>I bought carrots so I must only eat carrots
Are you 12?

Cut potatoes into small 1/2" cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
Boil potatoes in microwave for 12-15 minutes.
Drain water from potatoes.
Coat with a touch of olive oil and spcies of your choice.
Sautee potatoes in skillet for 10-15 minutes until browned.
Or bake in oven for 25-30 until brown.

Brown rice doesn't have that many calories.

If you garden smart (like me!) most of the work is done in March/April and then the rest is watering it every day or two. Five fucking minutes of work a day for easily $10-$20 worth of food a day. I had so much food in my small garden I had to give a lot of it away.

I can go into further detail on how to garden smart when you're lazy like me.

Veggies are for vitamins and other nutrients your body needs. You eat lean means like chicken, and grains/grain-like foods like quinoa to get your proteins in.

>putting all that work and full bags of fertilizer and shit to grow $4 worth of potatoes
yeah nah.

Poor people don't have time to cook between working two jobs.

>But carrots are the worst vegetable to eat considering they have so much sugar.

Sup Forums is so retarded when it comes to nutrition it makes me want to gag.

A medium sized carrot has about 3g of sugar in it, which make up about half of it's total carbohydrate profile. Carbs are not the enemy, overeating is.

You would have to eat about 15 carrots to get as much sugar as you would get from a can of coke, so carrots are not going to kill you.

You maplefuck, foods that don't have high caloric density can still have fucking empty calories. Literally celery and iceberg lettuce have almosy no nutritional value but they still have calories. Are you even a partly developed humanoid?

I would love to live in a rural area.
Just drove by some old fart at the side of the road selling potaters for 25¢/lb. in a nearby hickish town
And corn for not much more

If didn't have to fly back home I would buy all of his goddamn potatoes, what a deal

But

You don't give it away murican. You prepare it for winter.

You start a garden hood and other niggers will steal your shit. They will fucking steal anything. Where I live they go into fast food places and steal the fucking pipes out of the bathroom.

I threw up. Ffs you americans are pigs

Get a dog, don't get too attached it because it will die to some nignog. But after that get another dog.

Get a real mutt from the street that knows his shit.

Feed him your left overs and not dog food.

This is literally how my grandfather has been doing it for 85 years

Checkmate

yea a lot of it is expensive right now because of low canadian dollar and apparently california is still having trouble with drought.
but both of these are subsiding so its getting better, i've noticed customers are actually buying tomatoes again

I only have so many jars and so much space. Sometimes produce has to go.

5 pounds of carrots contains approximately 930 calories, or 310 calories per dollar spent. For comparison, a McDouble from McDonalds is 390 calories for $1 plus sales tax, perhaps a bit more at certain locations. It might seem an odd standard to use, but the McDouble is one of the most cost efficient items on McDonald's menu, or any restaurant menu for that matter, and the best example of how far you can take a dollar when buying unhealthy food.

Carrots aren't even the most cost efficient vegetable to buy. I can buy a two pound bag of frozen peas for ~$2, containing 700 calories, or 350 calories per dollar spent. I can buy a 3 pound bag of frozen baby lima beans for ~$4.50, containing 1800 calories, or 400 calories per dollar spent.

If we want to get into serious cost efficiency, I can buy regular or sweet potatoes for roughly 50 cents per pound (it varies). Two pounds of sweet potatoes contains about 770 calories, meaning 770 calories per dollar.

There is no monetary excuse to not include items like these in your diet.

that is what your wife and children are for
plus it is good prep for the happening

nah m8, if ur gonna microwave em, no point putting water in there it just wastes the energy of the microwave

Literally both of the things you just listed are great sources of: fiber, vitamin k, folate, potassium, and vitamin a.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empty_calorie

Celery is NOT empty calories, and you are a fucking retard.

ive been procrastinating to start my garden, what do u grow?

There's nothing wrong with sugar, the human body breaks stuff down into sugars

>aussie_roadtrip.webm

I'm getting flashbacks to The Forever War

Remember that scene near the end on earth with the calorie currency thing?

BECAUSE LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER AND RETARDATION ALL IN ONE!

Because they need an excuse that doesn't offend poor people.

It's more honest saying that they're ignorant of proper health. It would hurt feelings, but it would be both true and encourage the government to step up. The DASH diet needs to be advertised everywhere all the time, and they need to start limited commercials for fast food shit compared to healthy alternatives.