What does Sup Forums think of Anarcho-primitivism?

What does Sup Forums think of Anarcho-primitivism?

Fun to study but doubt it would work in application

Misguided.

The digital age will lead to the free enlightenment of all those who seek.

Seek with me and I will always be with you.

>Fuck the state, I can solve my own problems! (As long as nobody does something bad! But hey! They would have no reason to do anything bad in a lawless and policeless state! Right?)
Any form of anarcho-whatever is dumb and can't work in practice.

>amish and other small tribes don't work

news to me

I used to be one, and loved John Zerzan's work. The major flaw is thinking that we can return to a hunter gatherer society with such advanced intelligence (whites and asians). Not to mention, the severe overpopulation and natural resource depletion making a hunter gather society lethal for the majority. Factor in nuclear power plants going Fukushima and you have something totally unworkable in the 21st century.

Go live with some tribe in Africa. I for one plan to continue enjoying the fruits of western civilization's progress over the millennia.

He also makes the assumption that we are no different than our ancestors in terms of intelligence of cultural sophistication. It's the same exact mistake that all the evolutionary psychology types make. Although it is a convenient argument for saying that all our problems boil down to culture, it is ultimately based on pseudo-scientific half-truths that are far from certain.

Zerzan is smart enough to realize this, but he doesn't want to because it would harm his token ideology.

Not an argument.
Anything the state provides through violence and theft could be provided by voluntary communities.

The Earth was hostile to humans before we overcame. Everything was trying to kill us.

>Anarcho-Primitivism

Sounds nice until the Chinese develop killbots that burn your crops and murder the whole commune.

Not at all relevant to the modern world you live in currently. Find another solution for your perceived "problems"

Not feasible in our current technological state. Even if you could create a social contract among citizens of a country to follow it you would still face exterior threats you couldn't handle due to your technological inferiority. Would have been viable only before the 19th century.

This
>hurr durr new stuff that makes life easier is bad, we gotta restore our spiritual connection with nature maaaaan
It's like a hipster faggot and a braindead stoner got together and whined collectively about the big evil government, and this was the result.

seems LARPy as fuck

>the United States with a diverse population of 300+ million is a small tribe

News to me

Looks like a political version of pic

It wasn't, particularly. Paleolithic hunter-gatherers were healthier (less prone to disease, stunting due to malnutrition, infant mortality, and so on) than agriculturalists until quite recently -- as in the last hundred to two hundred years. Of course nature can be cruel and deadly, but their biggest threats were overwhelmingly other humans.

Not that a return to that kind of lifestyle would be desirable or even possible. Actually, does anarcho-primitivism still assume some agriculture? Because that would kinda be the worst of both worlds.

>muh church will take care of starving old people
>muh charity will take care of 16 year old cancer patient who doesn't have a health insurence because he doesn't have a FUCKING job to earn the FUCKING money to BUY a fucking health insurance

At least be intellectually honest and admit that all the horrors in the world are irrelevant to you as long as you're "free" (unless a group of voluntarity egotists of superior numbers come along and decide to dismantle and rule over anclapistan, that is).

This is the cringiest shit that turned me off of Zerzan even when I really wanted to like his stuff. For whatever reason, it's like people who hate technology must insist human life amounts to special magic spooky stuff that vanishes when you look too hard.

Is the faggy Chinese cartoon necessary?

If you want to know what anarcho-primitivism is like just get deployed to Afghanistan for a few months and see how the Afghan tribes live.

The only worthy aspect of primitivism is its effective criticism of our current labour system and what it does to our psyche (ie Unabomber Manifesto).
The nature worship and animal rights shit is largely irrelevant. Ultimately it's a nonsense ideology (like all anarchist forms) because you literally can't "revert" technological progress. It doesn't work even if you go full Mao/Stalin on the populace and it certainly won't work in an anarchy.

The solution to the problem of wageslavery is to advance technology to the point that it fully collapses because there simply isn't any manual labour left for people to make jobs out of. Pic sorta related although it's obviously an utopian pipe dream.