Pan's Labyrinth

Is there a single flaw with this film? also, was it real?

> was it real

Nah user it seemed to be her imagination, to cope with that shit

although I found it amusing when it becomes a war film briefly in the middle

aside from the commies being the good guys?

Saw this in Spanish class in high school. Nb.

Is that the girl from the movie?

Del Toro sees it as real but I doubt he'd argue the point.

I interpret it as real because it's just not as effective a story to me otherwise. All the monsters and stakes being there is more interesting to me than the story of some little girl being delusionally invested in her own fantasies

Please it was overrated shit, continue suck del toros small dick more

This, fuck Commies they singlehandedly destroyed my country.

>Is there a single flaw with this film?

language isn't Amercan

Del Toro confirmed it's real, which kind of sucks, because I like the idea of a tragic ending.

I really enjoyed how casual the violence was, like when the guy was beating the other guy in the face with the wine bottle.
There was no dramatic build up to it, no change of music, and the guy doing it wasn't taking any pleasure in doing it. He just casually started beating in his face till it was a bloody pulp, then looked more annoyed than anything.

The whole movie was wierd as fuck, but I loved the style of everything.
Del Taco has a really great imagination for this shit

Sometimes doing the right thing hurts. But in the end, it's worth it.

What a convenient thread. I just finished the movie.

I thought it was garbage honestly.

From the start
>Captain Vidal is written terribly and is just a stereotypical "I'm such an evil nazi who enjoys everything evil because I'm evil"
>instead of humanizing both sides to showcase the tension and seriousness of human conflict, they just humanize some communist faggot

>Ofelia is a spoiled brat with schizo
>she can't even obey the Faun's orders on not eating from the table
>her actions end up killing two fairies
>"IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! TRULY I AM THE VICTIM HERE!"

Her getting shot was very satisfying. Not only did she try to poison her step-father, but also try to kidnap a baby to sacrifice to some schizo hallucination

What bugged me most was how the plot centered on Vidal being so evil when the IRL bad guys (commies/anarchists) are paraded. Horribly written movie.

I need to watch a movie where the good guys win. I finished watching Mad Max: Furious Vaginas and that one upset me too.

>commies
>doing good things

Brb, "abolishing the class system" but enforcing equality through a ruling class

>le nazis arent that bad guize!!
Fuck off, Sup Forums.

when do we make Spain great again?

>calls Ofelia a schizo and the faun a hallucination
>blames her for two fairies dying
Make up your mind you child hating nazi sympathising nutter

I agree with some of your points but you strike me as a fag. The captain could have been better written but there were some good touches

Fury road was good you pleb, >>Sup Forums is that way

I'm not even a nazi but you can't deny (unless you're a pleb of course) that he was horribly written.

Do you honestly think the average fascist in Spain risking his life against commies was basically a sociopathic and sadistic demon in human form?

No, they were people with principles and beliefs they felt close to their hearts.

There is two sides to every coin.

seems like you grade movies on how well their political themes align with your worldview. there's very little of substance in your "review." the best characters are flawed characters. if you would prefer to watch cardboard cutouts parading around in human suits you can direct your attention to any of the recent marvel comic-to-movie conversions

>doesn't even know how to link to other boards

you have to go back

are you dumb?

Regardless of it being a hallucination, it still shows the content of her character very well. She was explicitly told not to do something and did it anyway, killing two fairies.

>satisfying to watch a little girl get gut shot
Sick fuck

a character's job in a movie is to be a character in a movie, not to try to express some kind of ideological synchronicity with reality. were ALL fascists in spain evil bastards? nope. but this one was!

>doesn't even understand the movie
Fucking pleb. She was supposed to disobey the faun. It all goes back to theme of obeying without questioning. They literally spell it out for you when the doctor tells Vidal.

>seems like you grade movies on how well their political themes align with your worldview.
No, I like movies to be well written.

Why not humanize Captain Videl just as Pedro was? Why not then put Ofelia as someone caught in the conflict between these two characters?

Creating a soulless evil stereotype with no motive beyond being "evil and edgy" is the lazy man's villain.

You are one sad fuck.

>It all goes back to theme of obeying without questioning. They literally spell it out for you when the doctor tells Vidal.

that is babby-tier moral righteousness

We are a lost cause, user, don't bother.

At least the food is god tier here.

>Why not then put Ofelia as someone caught in the conflict between these two characters?
because that wasn't the point of the overall movie. you're basically saying they should have completely rewritten focus on the script from del toro's view towards humanizing a fascist because it tweaks your autism.

could he have been humanized a little better? sure. it was hardly essential to the success of the movie overall. you're weighting a minor part much more heavily than its relative impact to the film as a whole.

The beautiful and heartrending thing is you WANT it to be real.

Heh, I'll go back *unsheathes katana*

*Teleports behind you*

Nothing personal, kid...

Nice deflecting, faggot. You still obviously didn't get the movie, you pleb.

Wars are filled with people like Vidal though. Not only do positions of power attract people like that in the first place, but in war when resources are scarce and laws don't apply as much, people give into baser instincts even more readily. It's not unrealistic.

>Knows the maid is working with the communists and giving them supplies, risking every man's life on the base (note: the war is already over and this is just a guerilla rebel faction)
>gets two fairies eaten after eating not one, but TWO grapes all the while they're tugging and screaming at her
>poisons her father with medicine
>kidnaps her baby brother

>I AM THE VICTIM HERE

do you really only see things at face value?

>Is there a single flaw with this film?
The republicanfags are shown as the good guys. Makes me pick up my Spanish Mauser in disgust.

waahhh why cant all movies have muh mature grey morality

there can never just be bad guys that's dumb and poopy

why dont they show the good side of awful people

>do you really only see things at face value?
obviously. everyone's a genius critic with unassailable views in their own mind

>I've seen a lot of badly written war movies! You can trust my authority on this

There are hardly 'awful' people in war. They are just people who believe they are doing the right thing butting heads.

All I said was you're sick for taking pleasure in watching a little girl get shot

>why was there good guys and bad guys in this movie that is at its heart supposed to be a traditional fairy tale

Gee user, you tell me

>There are hardly 'awful' people in war
no, there are a huge amount of legitimately awful people in war. they might not be terrible in their surface lives, but war strips that shit away. among combat troops morality is the exception rather than the rule.

>They are just people who believe they are doing the right thing butting heads.
it's naive that you think everybody cares about the greater ideal or that people never have selfish motives

All Vidal gave a fuck about was having a son.

Holy shit your understanding of war and human beings is infantile.

>muh fee fees

I think this is a new idea for you to think over.

War doesn't "strip that shit away".

The average mentally healthy man will do terrible things because he believes he is actually doing the right thing and triumphing over evil. Both sides think this.

No general jerks off to the notion of being evil because he likes being evil.

i think this is an idea for you to trust me on because i've been there and done that. one tour OEF, one OIF. 11B

you're arguing from ideology and some malformed philosophical hearsay on the human condition. i'm telling you that combat changes people in a fundamental way.

Yup

what were you? A mechanic?

"Muh _" is really poor rationalization user

>11B
you're going to try to attack my character and i'm not going to do anything to prove it so you can either choose to try to rationalize my personal experience with your worldview or stick your head back in the sand. no skin off my ass either way

The Devil's Backbone was better, to be honest.

What else would you have done?

>girl knows about the enemy, putting all your men's lives at risk, and doesn't tell you
>kidnaps your son
>tries to poison you

Oh daughter, I forgive you! Let me give you a millionth chance while our base is attacked and men who have families are killed!

seek help

seek a brain

You guys are arguing with a wannabe neo-nazi from Sup Forums who probably isn't even old enough to watch this movie. Just ignore him.

I wouldn't have shot a fucking child

I shitpost in natsoc threads because I equate them to watered down communists and I'm very much anti-communist

I'm far from being a wannabe neo-nazi

Sorry I have good taste in movies and like characters to be fleshed out instead of easy to write stereotypes.

>good taste in movies
Obviously not, considering you weren't even smart enough to grasp the basic moral lesson of the movie, kiddo.

explain this basic moral lesson then

>please spoonfeed me
Lmao nope.

Why do you have to shitpost every post in Sup Forums snyder

>MAN! You just don't GET IT! Therefore you're dumb!
>then explain it to me
>heh... you want me to explain my argument? Psshhh

are you really this dense? you're not asking him to explain his argument, you are asking him to EXPLAIN THE ENTIRE MOVIE TO YOU. holy FUCK you are retarded

It's sad none of you have even the slightest bit of empathy you used to hold in your hearts.

It hurts seeing you this way.

See
That's all you're getting, desu.

It was already explained

I think it's the greatest movie ever made. Fight me

>Brb, "abolishing the class system" but enforcing equality through a ruling class

Communism is everything you were told. But never believe that what everyone tells you in authority is evil as an alternative, is your enemy.

Don't let anyone tell you who your real enemy is when faced with evidence.

that's a really shitty babby-tier message like I said before.

Look up the Milgram experiment. People shocked the man under orders. It is more than likely because they believed that them, being an average joe, compared to university educated professionals who already told him he was fine knew what they were doing more than he knew what they were doing.

save your sympathy. Try approaching the world with a realistic point of view instead of a place where everything is black or white and everyone you don't like is just a human equivalent of satan.

>what everyone tells you in authority is evil as an alternative, is your enemy
this doesn't even make a lick of sense you actual mongoloid

Please, post more

watch more movies. Toro's filmography seems to skid on standards of good film but there's always some bullshit that meddles in it making it very stupid.

Mama has great potential but it got progressively worse and worse. Especially that ending. He just can't maintain those standards.

>that's a really shitty babby-tier message like I said before
Opinions. I'm not gonna argue with you over the subjectivity of it. I'm just saying you were too much of a pleb to pick up on the message in the first place, which is ironic considering all your talk of "well-written characters" and the like. You can't even properly analyze a movie.

please stop feeding this fedora-tier single deviation fucktard. you're taking your first baby steps towards expressing yourself and trying to figure out the world, we get it. not everything you say is some kind of profound revelation. you're actually just tiresome and pretentious

Watch more movies. Especially good ones. Some of the best conflicts are conflicts of circumstance and not just between good and evil. It's so overdone.

>you're taking your first baby steps towards expressing yourself and trying to figure out the world
funny. that's how I see you.

>human values and logic cannot coexist
The edge

>get btfo
>better change the subject!

kek this fucking guy.

>not learning to have an open mind
>being spoiled and thinking whatever you feel must be right

>insults and literally say you aren't going to argue
>Looks like I just BTFO, kid. Maybe next time

jesus, what kind of movies do you people watch?

All of you shitting on my opinion of the movie being badly written and talking about your fee fees.

Answer me one question:

Was Immortan Joe evil and was his death completely justified?

Cite examples, then. :^)

>waaaaaah stop ganging up on me for being retarded waaaaah

Sup Forums is full of more crossposters between reddit and Sup Forums now.

Just answer the question. Was Joe evil?

I agree with some of your points too, but its still one of my favorite movies.

I can answer one question.

Are you a retard?

Yes.

Nigger, stop changing the subject. Your personal autism concerning your sympathy for film antagonists has no bearing on the overall quality of a film.

This one answer will tell me everything I need to know about how your apparently Patrician mind thinks

it's just a yes or no answer, dumb dumb.

none, this is my favorite along boys don't cry

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
:^)

Thank you. You're a certified retard.

Land and Freedom was a better spanish civil war era film desu

>waaaaaah you're retarded because your political views don't autistically ruin movies for you like mine waaaaaah

please stop. You're stupid and I don't care.

>that one scene where she's crawling in the mud with a loose fitting shirt

I swear, one of these days if I watch it enough she will slip a nip.

You don't care so much that you replied. Go back to Hal Turner and cry some more about people not sympathizing with fascists in movies, faggot. :^)

Reply to this post so you can have the last word and feel like you accomplished something today (^:

Here's my point though because you just see things at face value:

Freedom is a luxury during times of critical emergency. In times of disaster, everyone must work and there must be authority, otherwise people will adopt individualist or factional interest and turn on each other for survival.

Just look at how John Smith saved Jamestown.

>b-but muh freedom

Nah, he's right. You're a dumb asshole who doesn't get the message of the film.

see

I authorise you to suck my dick little man