Are there any musicians that had great music but terribly awkward live shows?

Are there any musicians that had great music but terribly awkward live shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P9XwE_MDqoM
youtu.be/9qnRzCWFgd4
youtu.be/HWlHtiF0IN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nick Drake maybe?

animal collective
MGMT
system of a down
deftones

mgmt

death grips

RIP

me

Do they still play the studio song over themselves?

youtube.com/watch?v=P9XwE_MDqoM

Ariel Pink is the king of this

>inb4 that choafag gets here

I think that was only when Andy was gone in 2012 or something

Jesus.

Peter Steele rarely seemed to be able to get half as into it vocally live as he could in the studio and became an alcoholic trying to get over stage fright. Compare the performances of songs from the first record and live sounds like a skilled caricature. Though to be fair that was a very heat of the moment thing and reliving it over and over on tour would be a lot without making it silly.

>deftones
???????????????????

Lordi had some good songs but lip sings there shows

my eternal fear is waking up one day and being like this

Love Animal Collective but their live performances are pretty shit/average 90% of the time.

Seen slint do spiderland in its entirety.

Now that was a very awkward gig.

Why would you do that to Elliott?

>"Get a backbone"
>*Mumbles in numale*
>Plays wimpy folk song
>HOWS THAT FOR A BACKBONE?

Christ this is some good cringe

I would have loved that

If he grew a backbone maybe he wouldn't have killed himself/been with a woman that would murder him.
It was good advice he needed to take on.

Chan Marshall, but not an act, just an awful performer

Evan Dando

Care to expand on that?

>system of a down

I saw them in 2002 and they were fucking awesome. what exactly do you think is awkward about them live?

indie bands are boring as fuck live

He’d spend too much time tuning between songs, barely spoke to the audience, and apparently would just kinda cut songs short. There’s no live recordings of him so this is based off of people who saw him.

New Order

Animal Collective are good live, the only awkward part is the autistic fans

yeah how was this awkward? sounds like a treat

Tool.

Not awkward, but you're there for the smoke machines, lasers, and projections of the weird music videos you've seen before more than anything else.

animal collective are actually amazing live, one of the best doing it today. you're probably thinking of that one video from the really early 2000s where they were most likely drugged tf out. its an outlier.

youtu.be/9qnRzCWFgd4

watch some of their live videos. or even the documentary breadcrumb trail. they're not exactly the most thrilling of performers.

Yeah I've seen those things and I know what you're talking about, I guess I would just be excited to hear slint music live regardless of how they act on stage

Shes my sweet sweet moustched wife but grimes tops this list.
She straight up says she knows she has a bad live show, so she focuses on the visual aspect.

The record industry deserved to die, but its truly a shame that people have literally no choice but to tour if they want to be able to live off music, even if everything they release is critically acclaimed

Saw death grips in st. petersburg, fl last year. Couldn't tell how much of the performance was pre-recorded. Live drums sounded like muffled pop corn. Synths were swampy af. Could only make out hooks of songs. Ride shouted more nonsense than actual lyrics but i could tell he was doing it for the fans. Wasn't the worst but it was awkward certainly being there trying to enjoy the music objectively when the spirit of the performance didn't match up with quality of studio recordings

Pink had a stellar performance at pitchfork awhile back. Huge energy, great sound, Pink treaded a fine line of madness and an outstanding vocal delivery. Hit or miss, probably mostly miss.

Yes, but

youtu.be/HWlHtiF0IN0

Weezer

they're good but incredibly awkward

Is there a more emotionally dishonest group of humans than comedians?

WIGGAH
GUBBERUSHPUDUNALILLMAGUB

You need a backbone to kill yourself.

>control+f "john maus"
>0 results

NIGGA

This lol