How the hell did the Finns manage to stay out of the iron curtain? They were axis too right?

How the hell did the Finns manage to stay out of the iron curtain? They were axis too right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Japan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mottainai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelling_of_Mainila
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_of_Syracuse
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

En tiää mut olisko tää
>Various countries fought side by side with the Axis powers for a common cause. These countries were not signatories of the Tripartite Pact and thus not formal members of the Axis.

The powers instituted a sort of power sharing in Finland, where Russians dictated Finnish foreign policy and Finland was ruled by a left-wing soft authoritarian dude for decades while remaining capitalist and internally autonomous.

Flying with no wiki here. How right am I, Suomi?

>mfw only the Germans actually got fucked over for being in the Axis

Finland was only involved because of the Russians attacking their country.

Umm, hello?

Yeah their cities were annihilated, big fucking deal.

After that they got eternal protection from the worlds strongest country, so they don't have to waste money on the military and even access to their market to sell their shit.

What a terrible punishment.

I don't recall the half of Japan's homeland being given to Russia nor Japan's modern identity being based on guilt

Japan started taking Lebensraum from surrounding countries starting from what, 1895? It was just a matter of time they got nuked

Russians were scared of them.

Still are.

Soviet puolet President Kekkonen was actually not leftist, he was far right nationalist originally and started his politician career on nazi germany as a different sort of bootlicker. He tried to send finlands gypsies and jews to german camps during wwii and so on but he wasnt yet President so failed.

He just magically converted from pro-hitlerism to pro-stalinism a bit after Stalingrad and somehow the rooskies took him as an agent. So for 30 years Finland was sort of a pro-soviet fascist state.

Soviet puppet

Tukin autokorrekt on finnish

It was and it is.

'During the occupation of Japan after World War II, permission from the Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers (SCAPJ) was needed to fly the Hinomaru.[33][34] Sources differ on the degree to which the use of the Hinomaru flag was restricted; some use the term "banned;"[35][36] however, while the original restrictions were severe, they did not amount to an outright ban.[20]'

'50 years of Japanese rule in Taiwan (1895–1945)'
'After World War II, Taiwan was placed under the administrative control of the Republic of China to provide stability until a permanent arrangement could be made. Chen Yi, the Governor-General of Taiwan, arrived on October 24, 1945, and received the last Japanese governor, Ando Rikichi, who signed the document of surrender on the next day.'
'The United States Civil Administration of the Ryukyu Islands (琉球列島米国民政府? Ryūkyū-rettō Beikoku Min Seifu), or "USCAR", was the government in Okinawa, Japan, after World War II from 1950 until 1972.'
'The Soviet Union conquered South Sakhalin and the Kuril islands at the end of World War II. Japan maintains a claim to the four southernmost islands of Kunashir, Iturup, Shikotan, and the Habomai rocks, together called the Northern Territories (see Kuril Islands dispute).'

forest mongols are scarry

Taiwan, Shakalin and Kuriles were colonies, and I wouldn't call Okinawa half of Japan's national territory

Taiwan was not a colony, it was annexed, meaning it officially became 'Japan', the same with Korea. They officially, legally, became Japan.

And the Kuril Islands are walking distance away from Hokkaido.

>Japan's modern identity being based on guilt
To be fair, they suffered a much worse fate than that. The cunts are permanently fucked in the head because of Eartquakes, Tsunamis and Atoms bombs.

'The feelings about the Hinomaru and Kimigayo represented a general shift from a patriotic feeling about "Dai Nippon" – Great Japan – to the pacifist and anti-militarist "Nihon". Because of this ideological shift, the flag was used less often in Japan directly after the war even though restrictions were lifted by the SCAPJ in 1949.[34][42]'

'The Law Regarding the National Flag and National Anthem was passed in 1999, choosing both the Hinomaru and Kimigayo as Japan's national symbols.'
'The Act is one of the most controversial laws passed by the Diet since the 1992 "Law Concerning Cooperation for United Nations Peacekeeping Operations and Other Operations"'

Sure, just as Slovenia were a province of Italy, but nobody but an extremely retarded fascist would have called them part of the Italy. They were not part of Japan for most of their history and were not inhabited by Japanese people by large. It's really not comparable to having half of your own capital be awarded to to one of the victors

No they are fucked in the head because they have zero experience with the real world or other nations.

They were isolated their entire time, then they had a little bit fun because China was backwards and then they immediately crawled under Americas wing.

Japan existed in easy mode for their entire history, this is why they love childish and cute things so much like cartoons and hate mature stuff like sex. They live in a dream world.

'Since the end of World War II (the Pacific War), the use of the flag and the national anthem Kimigayo has been a contentious issue for Japan's public schools. Disputes about their use have led to protests and lawsuits. The flag is not frequently displayed in Japan due to its association with ultranationalism.'

Just in-case you did not know, the 'hinomaru' is the standard Japanese flag.

>live on volcanic planes
>land is 73% mountains
>easy mode
Hello VANK.

Okinawa isn't inhabited by Yamato ('true' Japanese) either. Nor is Hokkaido. Okinawa is inhabited by 'Ryukyun' people and Hokkaido is inhabited by 'Ainu' people. These are different to 'Yamato' people.

Taiwan wasn't China's 'native' land either.

'In 1683, following the defeat of Koxinga's grandson by an armada led by Admiral Shi Lang of southern Fujian, the Qing dynasty formally annexed Taiwan'

'As the Qing dynasty was defeated in the First Sino-Japanese War (1894–1895), Taiwan, along with Penghu and Liaodong Peninsula, were ceded in full sovereignty to the Empire of Japan by the Treaty of Shimonoseki.'

>they have rehabilitated the old flag in 1999 despite controversy (by who?)
>this mean that their identity is based on guilt
Flawless logic
>Okinawa isn't inhabited by Yamato ('true' Japanese) either
True, that means that Japan suffered no loss of national territory in the wake of WW2
>Taiwan wasn't China's 'native' land either.
Yes, and? Are you trying to add a point or just show off your Wikipedia-jutsu?

Hello Satoshi

how is life in australia?

>tons of arable fertile land
>no foreigner pressure for almost all of its history
Natural disasters occur in every part of the world

The officially recognised the Red Sun flag (STANDARD JAPANESE FLAG) and the nation anthem as 'official' for Japan.
>by who
By other Japanese.
>this mean that their identity is based on guilt
No, it means they like cats instead of dogs. You're right, I was mistaken.

>Flawless logic
You have never been to Japan, nor do you speak any Japanese, yet you know more about Japan than anybody else?

>True
Ask Okinawan people, they still consider themselves 'Japanese'. It is like Venitians consider themselves Italian and Florentines consider themselves Italians.
>Yes, and?
Nobody has 'sacred territory', you want to go back to caveman times and re-draw the maps from then?

>Ask Okinawan people, they still consider themselves 'Japanese'. It is like Venitians consider themselves Italian and Florentines consider themselves Italians.
Then why did you make a point of Ryukyuan not being Yamato? And again, even if Okinawa can be considered part of the national territory of Japan, it being under American administration can hardly be compared to Germany being split in half
>Nobody has 'sacred territory', you want to go back to caveman times and re-draw the maps from then?
Nationalities exist, and so do territories inhabited by those nationalities, though it might be a hard concept to understand for some colonial mongrel. The fact that the UN awarded Formosa to China has nothing to do with the fact

>tons of arable fertile land
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Japan
'The small amount of habitable land has prompted significant human modification of the terrain over many centuries.'

>no foreigner pressure for almost all of its history
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period
'The Sengoku period (戦国時代? Sengoku jidai, "Age of Warring States"; c. 1467 – c. 1603) is a period in Japanese history marked by social upheaval, political intrigue and near-constant military conflict.'

Explain how Japan had a population higher than most European states of comparable size through all the Middle Age and early Modern Age then
>Sengoku period
Boohoo, 250 years of internal strife, try having 2000 years of that plus foreigners invading all the fucking time

America awarded Taiwan to China, not the UN.
Legally, Taiwan is not owned by anybody and the RoC is only controlling it temporarily.

>Nationalities exist and so do territories inhabited by those nationalities
'Taiwanese adopted Japanese names and practiced Shinto, while the schools instilled a sense of "Japanese spirit" in students. By the time World War II began, many Taiwanese were proficient in the Japanese language.'

>'Taiwanese adopted Japanese names and practiced Shinto, while the schools instilled a sense of "Japanese spirit" in students. By the time World War II began, many Taiwanese were proficient in the Japanese language.'
That's common practice in most colonies, I guess that makes Senegal French national territory

>Explain how Japan had a population higher than most European states of comparable size through all the Middle Age and early Modern Age then
Because the Black Plague did not reach Japan.

>try having 2000 years of that plus foreigners invading all the fucking time
Italy has not existed for 2000 years. :^)

'It is no nation we inhabit, but a language. Make no mistake; our native tongue is our true fatherland.'
- Emil Cioran

>Because the Black Plague did not reach Japan.
Japan had higher population even before that.
>Italy has not existed for 2000 years. :^)
You are right, the term "Italy" to refer to the Italian peninsula and its people has been around for about 2500 years
>native tongue
Which I'm pretty sure was not Japanese neither for the Chinese nor for the Aboriginal of Taiwan

Native tongues change in one generation, you slow minded man.
My native tongue is English, I am not of English descent.

>Native tongues change in one generation
Tell that to the Arberesh or to the Walser or to the Mocheni or to the Sardinians, just to remain within Italy's border

>Japan had higher population even before that.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mottainai
'We often hear in Japan the expression 'mottainai,' which loosely means 'wasteful' but in its full sense conveys a feeling of awe and appreciation for the gifts of nature or the sincere conduct of other people. There is a trait among Japanese people to try to use something for its entire effective life or continue to use it by repairing it. In this caring culture, people will endeavor to find new homes for possessions they no longer need. The 'mottainai' principle extends to the dinner table, where many consider it rude to leave even a single grain of rice in the bowl.'

>the term "Italy" to refer to the Italian peninsula and its people has been around for about 2500 years
Where does it say this?

this nigga knows what's up

we just wanted to mind our own business dammit

>inb4 Igor says Mainila
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelling_of_Mainila

Force them to live in England, with English, and you will find that their children will mostly speak English, and the children of their children will only speak English.

The languages that existed before Roman conequest are now extinct, replaced with Latin. Nobody cares to remember that savage languages that the Romans exterminated.

>parsimony is exclusive to Japan
Congratulations for being one of the last few true weeaboos on this board
>Where does it say this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_of_Syracuse
>He wrote [...] the Colonizing of Italy, frequently referred to by Strabo and Dionysius of Halicarnassus
>Force them to live in England, with English, and you will find that their children will mostly speak English, and the children of their children will only speak English.
Sure, but I don't recall the Taiwanese population being moved en masse to Japan to be reeducated, if anything the people in that situation would have been the few Japanese colonists (but I guess they did not mix much with the natives)

>Congratulations for being one of the last few true weeaboos on this board
Thank you, I'm actually a (non-Japanese) ultra-nationalist. Seven lives for my waifu, long live his Imperial Majesty the Emperor!
It is clearly different to frugality, in any case. Exempli gratia: in the Edo Period they recycled ash.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_of_Syracuse
Post-Rome as I suspected. Who did the land belong to before Romans brought language and conquest? Give back their land, Roman invaders. This is your logic.

>Sure, but I don't recall the Taiwanese population being moved en masse to Japan to be reeducated
This is besides the point.

>It is clearly different to frugality, in any case. Exempli gratia: in the Edo Period they recycled ash.
Those kind of practices were common in pre-industrial Europe too, people even recycled literal dog shit
>420 BC
>Post-Rome
At the time, Rome was still a village of shepherds fighting with its neighbors over who was the top dog of the Tiberine valley, Greeks barely knew it existed
>This is besides the point.
No, your point was that people living among foreigners change their native tongue (which is not always true, lots of Albanians I know that were born here still have Albanian as their mother tongue), but the situation in Taiwan was reversed. Also, I sincerely doubt that the aborigines living outside the big trading centers on the Western coast were taught Japanese

>No, your point was that people living among foreigners change their native tongue
No, it wasn't. My point was exterminating foreign languages is how nationalities are born, thus we 'do not inhabit a nation, but a language'.

Well, then the Japanese clearly failed at exterminating whatever language they were trying to remove, since Japanese is not a commonly used language in Taiwan anymore, while indigenous and Chinese languages are still in use

Are russians,germans and swedes natural disasters?

>At the time, Rome was still a village of shepherds fighting with its neighbors
Yes, but Rome still existed, LATIN was a language. You cannot say 'this is Italy' if you do not have WORDS to say it.
I'm saying, before the Latin language said the words 'this is Italy', the land was not Italy but still inhabited by 'people'. People who died and nobody remembers, who's languages never existed.

This is besides the point.
You really cannot understand the words that I am speaking.
I am famished, so this is it then.

>attack a neutral country
>criticise it for defending itself
made me think

>Are russians,germans and swedes natural disasters?
Arguably yes, since they are clearly not human beings
>You cannot say 'this is Italy' if you do not have WORDS to say it.
Italy is not a Latin or Latin derived word, so I don't see what Romans have to do with it, especially since the source for the use of the term was a Greek historian. And even if you arbitrarily put the mark for Italy existing at the time of its conquest and latinization, that's still more than 2000 years

Finland ceceding from the ruins of russian empire was illegitimate even though lenins bolshevic government approved of it
t. stalin