I am a pc gamer and I am thinking of switching to windows 10...

I am a pc gamer and I am thinking of switching to windows 10. I currently have win 7 but my intel i7 7700k cpu doesnt like windows 7. What is your opinion Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-7-annoying-unsupported-hardware-pop-ups/b7f7ed01-c25c-4494-89d8-5df1a6983caa?auth=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking switch you dumb fuck why do have to make a post about this shit?

a little late to be asking this question. the free upgrade offer ended.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/windows-7-annoying-unsupported-hardware-pop-ups/b7f7ed01-c25c-4494-89d8-5df1a6983caa?auth=1

remove the offending update and continue on. I use a mixture of windows 7 and window 10 but that's because I took advantage of the upgrade offer before it was too late.

Pc gamer here. Win 10 works just fine for me. I recommend. Updates are a pain tho

how bad r they?

It just updates at the most unconvenient times

A politically correct gamer... I bet you stay butthurt.

>Being this retarded.
Have fun paying for something that was free until two weeks ago.

is there any fps drop?

lmao. they extended the shit til the 16th

The only issues I had with win10 were the start menu, which I replaced, and the dx9 bug which still hasn't been fixed.

So yeah, you should

replace the start menu? and dx9 bug? my concern is bc i use a 7th gen cpu and the new 2 zeroday hardware bugs that just came out specter and meltdown. i cant update to patch my shit without upgrading

Dont know

well fuck. cause rumor has it windows 10 also makes lag issues and theres some fps cancer

You know you can turn off the updates right?

Have they? How do you know?

yes get Skynet.

looked it up

well what os do you use? im not using linux for gaming

how do you replace the start menu internally without installing that classic start menu thing?

win7

so do i buy my issue is i have a 7th gen cpu and windows wont update me anymore bc of it.

that's a good thing.

>get win9, oh wait...

theres 2 new major security flaws that just popped up and if i dont update then icant protect myself

>Free upgrade "offer"
>"Took advantage"
Top lul
Are you really that fucking keen on surrendering all your info, data and rights to Bill Gates?

Your free animated 3d screensaver page told you this or what?

Well better than to do it to Steve Jobs who owns Windows 7

no 2 0day flaws for intel cpu. specter and meltdown. look em up

you're using this machine to play games. not break europe's economic block with a last second unilateral billion dollar trade.

>protect yourself from what? cause win10 is what you really need to be worried about.

well im gonna have to upgrade eventually and so r u

nope. have everything i pretty much want, and they haven't come out with anything for like 10yrs that isn't copypasta of something better they made worse than made look prettier to fool morons. i can run all the pc game im interested in and everything up to ps2/sexbox on emulator so i'm set.

had to change too 5 months ago. If you have some basic windows knowledge or are willing to read up you should change. I have configured my win 10 to my likes. (no fucking auto driver installs, no automated updates)
I like windows 10 now better than 7.

I would probably still have XP if I didn't wanna play War of the Roses back when it came out

link on how to setup shit like that?

google how to use google

Also, what annoyed me was that windows always trying to figure out if you have connection to the internet or not. I dont have a persistent connection, I have to log me in some kind of shit to get access to the internet. Windows opened a browser and wanted to fcall some shit homepage to figure out if theres a connection or not. Disable that, shit too

>2018
>still has windows 7
Hahahah poorfag spotted

i have a win 10 laptop that i never use. is there a way to disable the microsoft account sign in and just have standard login like win 7

i have 16gb ddr4 ram. a msi z270 pro mobo. 2 nvidia 1080ti and an intel i7 7700k cpu . not poor but thx tho

I never used microsoft login. Therefore iam using the same login as windows 7 provides. I cant tell you if you can go back to the normal login without microsoft account, they might have a "once microsoft account always microsoft account" thing going on. You have to figure it out yourself.
Short answer is yes.
Also, Iam using the pro version of windows 10 which is more configurable. If you have some crap like Home edition (dont know if they are still called like that since win10) it might be not possible to change that.

i clicked this thread by mistake but install gentoo

i would have the pro edition bc i have win 7 ultimate

the layout of the startmenu was an issue for me, too. you get used to it. it felt uncomfortable in the first few weeks. But I find it pretty handy nowadays. I dont need to have my software shortcuts on the desktop anymore, instead I have everything ordered in the new menu (small icons). Some desktops are a mess tho...