Sugar Grove Station

Sugar Grove is located in an officially designated National Radio Quiet Zone that covers 13,000 square miles (34,000 km2) in West Virginia and Virginia. The zone was established by Congress in 1958 to facilitate its mission and that of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory located 30 miles (48 km) away at Green Bank in Pocahontas County, West Virginia.

We could literally buy this. Plus it's in the national quiet zone, no radio, no cell phones. Nobody but us would want to stay.

Other urls found in this thread:

gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitdsc/?sl=PEACH416004001
youtube.com/watch?v=LVGWY580yBY&feature=youtu.be
gsaauctions.gov/ATTACHMENT/REGNP/PEACH416004001/operatingcostsadditinfo.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Op here, I'm a faggot that didn't post a link to the auction.

gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucitdsc/?sl=PEACH416004001

Video 100% related

youtube.com/watch?v=LVGWY580yBY&feature=youtu.be

I wouldn't mind an official place for yelling at niggers over the internet. especially with no radio.

It would be perfect, an enclave for us, just what we need.

>On its 122.85+/- acre grounds it boasts:

>80 single-family homes, many with carports, on lovely tree-lined streets.

>A beautiful 3-story, 45,424 sf building which contains 53 small suites which can accommodate up to 105 residents, an industrial kitchen, a dining room, a laundry room, and several lounge areas.

>A 20,000 SF public works building , with a loading dock/receiving space, maintenance offices, even a gymnasium!

>A six-bay/nine sleeping room/kitchen/lounge area/classroom/control center-equipped fire station.

>A lovely modern day care/youth activity center located near the residential area.

>A community center, with fireplace, configured to function as a restaurant/club with a bar area. A covered picnic pavilion is adjacent.

>Recreational opportunities abound with large playground, swimming and kiddie-pool with changing rooms, basketball, tennis, racquetball courts, running track, football/soccer field, baseball field and great fishing opportunities on the South Fork River!

All we need is a small loan.

I want in if something starts from this.

I wish I had the resources and knowledge to start a gofundme.

an user in the area should start a gofundme and use the money in the auction. if the majority of Sup Forums funnels some money in we could get it.

I got some money for this if it's legally binding.

costs 4 mil to maintain yearly , where can you get income for it?

pdf containing all the data on the costs of this place

gsaauctions.gov/ATTACHMENT/REGNP/PEACH416004001/operatingcostsadditinfo.pdf

We can kidnap negros and sell them as slaves.

Ah sorry that was the best startup idea in Virginia like 300 years ago. Bummer.

90% of Sup Forums are edgy white teenage boys

Good luck asking your parents for money to start a hitlerite colony

>costs 4 mil to maintain yearly

When people were there and the place was doing stuff, yeah.

Too bad the rare Pepe market crashed, I could have funded it...

Dude it's fucking crowdfunding how much easier could it get.
Go make one and maybe we'll pitch in some cash.

>90% of Sup Forums are edgy white teenage boys

because all the cool people moved to 64/8*2/2 chan

When you have no financial assets whatsoever, it's difficult to do those things.

yeah but people here are talking about moving there , what jobs would they do ? there are non? where would the money to maintain the place come from ? there isnt any logical solution for a town ,the place needs to turn into an attraction . the question is for what?

Actually you can transmit as a licensed ham in all ham bands even within Sugar Grove, but you need permission.

Basically a formality, they just check you out and make sure you know about splatter near band edges and shit like that.

I'm not sure, but organized shitposting is certainly on the list. It's a bit of land there, we could simply buy some surrounding land and do profitable things with it. (note, I'm a faggot since I'm op and I probably won't be able to deliver.)

Thanks for enlightening me, I'm not really into radio.

its easy to buy land , its hard to make a profit for it

scenario . i buy the place.

now im stuck with an empty town , that need to run water , electricty gas for heating , internet .
i wont run it as much as the previous owner so i expect the cost to be less than 1 mill per year . Still now what ? i am in the middle of nowhere

plan b

move people in , now the cost sky rocket . each individual pays his own electricity water and etc. usage. BUT its the maintenance that costs high , the plumbing the maintaining the power , water all that requires engineers that require a monthly paycheck

best plan is to make it as a military training facility , host a week long event couple times a month . keep water electricity output confined to the main facility . or if your a billionaire then open a factory and house the workers

Holy shit I live like one county away.
There used to be a Neo Nazi camp innawoods near Marlinton.

>0 bids

Is this like an ebay type bidding where you have to sell it if people bid below the price?

This is probably calculates the cost of maintaining the living quarters, which individuals living there can do that themselves.

There is a factory in the middle of nowhere I think in Monroe county that makes aircraft parts. Just in the middle of several grazing ranges for livestock. Its pretty weird.

neo nazi next to nsa ? false flag ? lol

nope

Well we could strive to make it as self sufficient as possible. Or raise a shitload of chickens to fund the place, and have some crafty users make goods. Basically Amish it out.

the n join the amish lol , why invest 1mill to live poor? im looking to make a profit and have a good time

>Used to.

Would love to start or see a crowdfund started but its a bid. You could just get outshekeled. But a way to do it would be to set a hypothetical minimum donation to have residency and get a house though apartments would be much cheaper donation threshold.

rip and good riddance

>I fell for the radio meme