This is the indisputable Mount Rushmore for NA sports

This is the indisputable Mount Rushmore for NA sports.

Honourable mention: Arnold Palmer

Other urls found in this thread:

basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1985.html
youtube.com/watch?v=HS_UJOEpROk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Put Lemieux over Gretzky

fuck off

Reddit

Why is hockey on there?

lol

I'd put Foppa over Lemyoo

Smelly dumb yinzer scum

>indisputable
>it's highly disputable

Who tf is that old nigga top left

LeBron or Kobe should be the basketball one and ima Raps fan

Barry Bonds is the best baseball player ever. Haters gonna hate.

Mark McGuire

>these ones
>no Duke Kahamanoku, Greg Lemond, Gilles Villeneuve and Hugo Sánchez instead of them

Fucking leafs

Put bonds in there and replace Brady with rice. Brady is best qb, not player of all time

who?

>Having a furpuck player on here
>Leafs

Put Carmelo over Jordan and Eli over that bum in the bottom left and we'll be alright here

>baseball is the only sport whose GOAT played a million years ago
What did they mean by this?

Ruth was a special talent.

>babe
Seriously no
Cal ripken jr or bust

>muh big guys

3 of these people are aquarians.

that's fucking Barry Bonds dumbass

>Not Barry Bonds
>Not Julius Erving
>Not Jerry Rice

>people actually implying Babe shouldnt be on there

show me literally ANYONE who can compare to his combined pitching and batting stats

>714 HR's
>60 HR's in a season
>2.28 career ERA (1.75 in 1916)
>1.16 OPS
>.69 SLG
>1.159 WHIP

>Cheat
>Okay
>Stickum babby

Ruth's advanced offensive stats are better than Bonds's too. There's literally no reason to think that Bonds is better than Ruth. Especially since Bonds is a cheater.

this

Fuck off new york trash

Bo Jackson

Ruth is like Mike Trout where he can do absolutely anything better than anyone else, but he could also pitch. He was a once in a lifetime talent that only potentially Trout can match.

>fucking Bonds
Besides the fact that Bonds cheated heavily, as said Ruth just completely outmatches Bond offensively.

Honestly I agree. I used to say Montana over Brady but I think after SB LI this is correct.

lol

Classic leaf bait

lol this thread is off to a great start

A special talent at eating hotdogs and chainsmoking, maybe.

>Le "he can pitch!" argument

Well when your league is filled with guys without the kind of specific high-intensity training and dieting players get nowadays, you could probably get away with pitching an 85 MPH four-seam, at least against most players.

>Inb4 "the best pitchers in the old days could pitch 100 MPH" meme

I seriously doubt that, and any 'tests' you might have are inconclusive at best.

Might have been the best RB in NFL history if not for his hip injury. Dude was a monster. Baseball probably not.

Rice is the greatest football player of all time. Brady is arguably the best QB.

Came here to post this
also Wilt is better than Jordan

Palmer isn't even on American golf's Mount Rushmore

the correct answers are bonds, gretzky, and lebron

and picking one for football is pointless because the positions are so specialized

Curry over Jordan, McDavid over Gretzky, Harper over Ruth. Brady is correct

Bill Russell won the NBA championship 11 times in 13 seasons. Out of the 2 seasons he failed to win the title, one of them, 1958, he broke his leg in the Finals and could not play.

Any claim that he had no competition is made ridiculous by his rivalry with Wilt Chamberlin, and intelligent player who - to this day - presented a athleticism that is unmatched by any other NBA player. Yet Russell completely dominated Wilt. Able to chase down the faster guards like West and muscle freaks like Wilt, the 6'10" Russell is, without question, the greatest basketball player to ever play the game.

So, don't be silly.

For fun check out SF's games against Belichick's defenses with the Giants.

Russel is the perfect example of why titles mean nothing in GOAT debates

Yes, he was a solid player. But He's easily outclassed by Jordan, Kareem, Kobe, Bird, Irving, etc. The stats and accomplishments make the player, not just how many times he was on a winning team

rings=/= player performance

Brady played in a system that made brian fucking hoyer look like a god for a few minutes

"the stats and accomplishments make the player"

You literally just said championships mean nothing then said "accomplishments" mean everything.

What exactly do you think professional athletes are supposed to "accomplish" if not winning? Scoring titles? Are you fucking insane in simply among the dumber life forms on the planet? So World B. Free is a better player than Russell because he scored more, right?

As I pointed out, in 1958 Russ broke his leg and couldn't play. And his team lost for the only time over a span of 10 seasons. Meaning, without question, he was responsible for their success. His first title was in 1957 (after winning 2 NCAA championships on a scrub team) and his last was 1969. Obviously he was the only player on both teams. When he left the team tanked.

I don't even know what I'm bothering for. You're post is so stupid I guess I'm just replying to your post so more people see it and are aware how confused and useless you are.

I mean Jesus fucking Christ. Dr. J outclassed Russell. Hahahahahahaha Dr. J couldn't win a title until they added the best player in the NBA to his team full of All Stars. Get the fuck out.

Bill Belichick made the playoffs once in seven seasons without Tom Brady.

The 2007 Patriots are arguable the most talented team in NFL history. The 2008 Patriots, with nearly the same exact roster, failed to make the playoffs without Brady.

Shut the fuck up.

what is Russell the best at specifically? Scoring?

no

on the court athleticism? no. that goes to MJ, Kobe, Irving, arguably curry

Rebounds?

the titles come from team accomplishment, so what exactly puts Russell as the goat of something? the early NBA teams had like 3 or 4 big teams and everyone else was playing with literal whos, so dominating the late 50's is hardly commendable

>Russell worse than Kobe

literally kill yourself

Russell made tons more impact for his team and was the best player on the first 9 of his championship teams in an era where Center's were the most important position by far. You did not win without a great center, and that's what Bill was.

Wilt and Bill were both so much better than any other player of their era by miles and miles.

it was an example

heres a note on russell from a top ten list

>He led the Boston Celtics to 11 NBA Championships and was the NBA MVP on 5 separate occasions. Russell accomplished all this by averaging only 15.1 points per game throughout his career, relying mostly on his rebounding and defense. Russell changed the game of basketball by flying over to help on defense and being quick enough to get back to his man if the ball rotated back to him

BUT

>He played in an era where statistics for steals and blocked shots were not kept, but was noted for getting his fair share of both

if you want to argue him as a GOAT on defense, fine, but most people look elsewhere to qualify as best ever

>use the word "literally"
>try to make valid point people will respek

pick fucking one you """""""literal""""""" autistic meathead

Only retards have ever argued that anyone other than Russell is the greatest ever.

Sorry, retards.

wow, your nonexistant argument really convinced me

defense is half the fucking game. It's not sexy as scoring 30 points a game but it's as impactful and part of what made him a great leader. Players like playing with stars who are unselfish and willing to do the dirty work.

literally get over it

I've made multiple posts with facts and got replies from retards who apparently would draft Dominique Wilkins over Bill Russell if they had to pick one to start a franchise with.

I can't even conceive how people can be this stupid. Obviously I assume troll but something tells me no. You really are this dumb.

like I said, if you want to name him the GOAT on defense, he definitely has the stats to back it up.

you can build a team around a star defender or a star forward. Since basketball is a TEAM sport, the rest of your players make up whether they'll win the title or not

this is correct.

Put Dale Earnhardt over Gretzky.

2 more rings and i'd put in LeBron for basketball

When MJ played his impact wasn't as big as LeBron's

hahahahahah

gr8 lebron b8 m8

t. millenial who wasn't alive when MJ was at his peak

having LeBron on your team gives you an automatic finals berth, having MJ on your team gives you success in the finals. MJ was never great at leading his team to the finals

I do think Lebron is underappreciated desu, but the east now is weaker than it was in the 80's

Lol for LeBron's first 7 years he was basically what Russell Westbrook is now, the dude who carried his shitty team and couldn't win when it mattered

Please, lecture the Celtics fan twice your age about basketball being a team sport.

1957 and 1969. Russell was the only player on both of those TEAMS.

Jordon played 6 fucking years before he made the NBA Finals. Russell failed to make the finals once in 13 seasons.

Before you say he didn't play against anyone, Wilt Chamberlin was better than Jordon and he played in same Conf as Russ most of those seasons.

Wilt: 30.1 PPG / 22.9 RPG / 4.4 APG / 54% FG
Jord: 30.1 PPG / 6.2 RPG / 5.3 APG / 50% FG

(and please say something stupid like Jordon had more impact on D than Wilt)

Russell owned Wilt Chamberlin. Jordon was a bitch until he had the 2nd best player on his team. He didn't win anything until more dominate teams were done with their runs and shit-ball officially became the game.

>When MJ played his impact wasn't as big as LeBron's
LMAO

>Jordon was a bitch until he had the 2nd best player on his team.

LMAO FAGGOT HAHAHAHAHA

>jordon

This thread is so full of retardation.

Look at me! I'm the greatest NBA player of all time!

basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1985.html

Duke is 100% based

>be a champion surfer
>compete in the olympics
>open a chain of bars and makes tons of cash
>become the official spokesman for your state and great dignitaries and hang out with famous people
>be memorialized as a decent beer even though your chain sold out

Retard posts gif of Jord0n pushing off in a way so blatant the credibility of the NBA hasn't recovered 2 decades later. Unsure if troll or one of those Super Retards I keep reading about.

"I'd much rather guard Michael Jord0n than Larry Bird." - HoFer James Worthy

youtube.com/watch?v=HS_UJOEpROk

He is, without question or peer.

Michael Jordan
Bobby Orr
Walter Payton
Babe Ruth

>pushing off

LMAO FAGGOT

Replace whoever the hockey player is with Ali and you have a good list. Brady is kind of a joke but whatever, good enough.

@75637225
>Irving
not even worth a (You)

>Bird

1979 Celtics: 29-53
Add Bird. No one else.
1980 Celtics: 61-21

1984 Bulls: 27-55
Add Jordan
1985 Bulls: 38-44
1986 Bulls: 9-9 with Jordan
1987 Bulls: 40-42
Add Pippen
1988 Bulls: 50-32

But some Pokemon posted a Gif so now reality is changed and these easily understood facts no longer matter.

Okay.

>cherry picking useless 'facts' about team records that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand

kill yourself bill simmons

>best baseball player is from pre WWII
why cant baseball get out of the distant past?

The NFL GOAT is Lawrence Taylor

it's about greatness and legend, not fucking stats or whatever. And Ruth has both.

Besides, every mount rushmore needs a Teddy Roosevelt.

Where did you find this picture of me?

then what kind of legend has Tom Brady built up? He's still playing

I agree, he doesn't deserve to be on there. I don't think any football player deserves the right to be on it, there should be a boxer in place of football. Hockey is shit too, we should probably put an horse

>thinking something other than the Big 4 belong on it
no

>hockey
>big four

>football
>not a flash in the pan

bah! replace football and hockey with boxing and golf and you have real, inspiring, legendary bigger-than-life men to choose from.

>hockey and football
>both leagues older than the NBA
if anything is a flash in the pan it's basketball

Jordan, Wilt, Magic, even Bird, these guys were legendary mythic athletes during and (in Wilt and Jordan's case) after their careers. Nobody in football can claim to be an equal to them, and especially nobody in hockey.

Football is for fucking degenerate gamblers, that's it. The NBA is a showcase for individual athleticism, lyricism and willpower over others, whereas everybody is just stuck in the cold, communist uniformity of football. Both hockey and football are commie sports and shouldn't be on any Mount Rushmore of any kind.

God bless AMERICA

>implying Gretzky isn't transcendent
>lyricism
I've never seen a commie country like football and they certainly like basketball

Gretzky transcends his own non-transcendent pseudo-sport, but he's a fucking dweeb ass hoser and is in no way comparable to Ruth, Jordan, Ali, or any of our other greats.

>greentexting lyricism
Problem?

If you don't understand why I call football a commie sport then I can do nothin' for ya son

You could live 100 years and you'll never outlive the stupidity of that comment.