Is it true american education before college is really terrible? In France we often say americans are pretty dumb

Is it true american education before college is really terrible? In France we often say americans are pretty dumb.

Yeah sure.

Is it true americans pay for university and think their diplomas are worth shit?

Sadly

Here doctors are paid minimal wage but at least they don't pay anything for that

>before college
Many American colleges are shit too.

>In France we often say americans are pretty dumb.
But is there any nationality the French don't think is dumb?

All our phd go to america basically if they want decent life

>But is there any nationality the French don't think is dumb?
I don't want to be rude, but I belive it's not just us, many europeans feel the same. Of course, that might just some kind of inferiority complex. So I wanted to know how americans feel about their middle school and high school and the overall system.

>is there any nationality the French don't think is dumb?
jap
german
scandinavian

>So I wanted to know how americans feel about their middle school and high school and the overall system.
Our public education systems are largely managed by the individual states and municipalities, so their quality varies considerably.

Its the same as anywhere.

If you live in a rich area, schools are good. If you dont, theyre not.

American college degrees are the only degrees in the world that men ANYTHING, save for a few British unis. French universities, so im told, are full of people who dont even want to be there, but just go cuz its free.

I cant name one french uni from memory, but everybody knows the american unis. Theres a reason for this.

public schools are generally pretty shit unless you take advanced classes.

>degrees in the world that mean ANYTHING
which is not a lot
caring about uni brand names is for undergraduate kids

Depends on the state and your locality. In Illinois for instance most of the funding is from property taxes so rich areas have amazing schools and poor, rural ones are absolute garbage. In Vermont on the other hand most of the funding is through the state so they are all reasonably good

thank you neighbour

Even then it would depend on which district that school is in, primarily because of the different funding and requirements of each one.

I attended highschool in texas for three years. The english lessons were rather disappointing, they covered a very narrow range of literature and went slowly, more often than not the class was left to speak amongst themselves. I wonder if his role as a PE instructor impacted his performance with his english classes. Apart from that the school had fantastic geometry, algebra and calculus teachers. AP chemistry and biology were exemplary. Their educational standard likely varies greatly from school to school, the one I attended had a greater focus on athletics according to the councillors, while the next district had a highschool with a more academic focus.
>one school pays for a new stadium
>other school pays for a new lab suite

Canada is the only decent place in this shitty continent fampai.

Thanks. So basically there is no "national" education in the US? Does that mean Americans don't learn the same stuff depending of the state they live in? It's pretty weird to me.

>we often say americans are pretty dumb
that's a global thing

>t. couldn't get into med school in the US

I believe it's because of funding, politics, parental involvement, and location. What is taught in Los Angeles, CA may be slightly different than what you learn in Lexington, KY

if youre going for a STEM job, who do you think theyd be more inclined to hire first, a Yale graduate or someone from Pepe LePew's Ecole du science?

There are national standards (ensuring kids get the bare minimum) and also state standards which are more strict. Like the state will punish schools by cutting their budget if kids don't test well (retarded, I know)

Everyone has to take a year of American history, but some places don't have physical education. The textbooks are different depending on location as well. There's a lot of money coming from bored right wingers that affect what people learn as well. Some states have a fucked up curriculum because of it, it's basically propaganda

The bottom line is your location matters a great deal. Everybody takes English and Math but after that there is a lot of variability

you're probably still an undergraduate so why are you talking about the job market?

Education really depends on location and determination. You have some inncercity school districts in which the education does suck and then you have affluent suburbs/private schools which have pretty top tier education.