>song made for a forum
>obscure
get on my level
youtu.be/dTOgNmPDwvE

lmao I love Maus but this is garbage

Music video for Cop Killer is classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukf-BZzX4oM

accurate?

That's pretty good. Accurate enough, not like it's a bad thing.

add a picture of adorno, a bible, and a picture of deleuze, and remove mde

youtube.com/watch?v=W24WS9uM6bU

thats from an ariel ep called 'im not a genius'
good stuff, wish they had more together

>catchy repetitive synthpop with really dumb lyrics

it's fine but what's the obsession with this guy?

is it because of his autistic overly verbose academic gobbledygook he spouts in interviews?

Brainlet

no it's not

He made a good job doing music. :)

...it literally is, dude. go download 'i'm not a genius' by haunted graffiti. maus is featured on several tracks, including that version of 'the law.'

don't share this with Sup Forums please lol

he's an intelligent man that makes music that's pleasant to me. i enjoy him as a person and musician. what more do you want?

what was meant by that?

it's really better to be left alone, user.

it's from a dark time and it really shouldn't be discussed here of all places so i really encourage other posters to refrain from letting that circulate as said

Sam Hyde

>john maus will forever be associated with sam hyde instead of political theory and the power of love because of retarded internet teenagers

shut up commie

Its not clear what using this same methodology to examine methods of communication and cultural deconstruction is doing in 2017 as opposed to what it was doing since his last releases 7 years ago but it seems less relevant now. Around the 2011 when he last released an album, We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves, "hipster" culture of identity though unattachment was the norm. His embrace and examination of a cultural trend that might have easily been dismissed and ignored was refreshing and eye opening. His textbook post-irony feels less relevant now where figures like Donald Trump are being completely straightforward with their language and messages all while seeming completely absurd and ridiculous. A sort of new relationship to language where irony once was the way of critiquing structural norms became the norm in itself and honesty and straightforward language became the refreshing alternative. Within music culture vaporwave which sort of rose and fell from power within the interim of this release and the last added a lot to the same concepts Maus and his 00s contemporaries were involved in but pushed it to the extremes in an aesthetic that felt more relevant to a generation whose relationship to the past was mediated though the internet rather than their parents audio and video cassette tape collections. Something his 00s hypnagogic pop contemporary James Ferraro seems to have kept his nose on sociopolitical philosophical shifts much more effectively throughout the decade to remain relevant in cultural critique. Thats not to say this album is useless or bad. Maus has proven himself to be a strong musician who continues to make catchy, fun pop jams. However he seems to have lost some of his edge and his finger seems to have fallen slightly away from the pulse of current cultural ideology.

>MDE

whats the connection? using absurdist humor and over the top theatrics to communicate ideas? accelerationist cultural theories?

they both seem to embrace mainstream cultural languages and endorse the propogation of such things like capitalism, etc. but maus seems like a left leaning accelerationist while MDE is on the right

its literally just because maus appeared on a single mde skit
its made his music on youtube surge in views and now teenage self described fascists who are really just neocon shills and republicans sperg over him without realizing john is a communist

: (

>t. teenager who hasn't read a lick of marx outside the manifesto in his life and calls himself a fashy despite never having read mussolini or mosley because he thinks fascism means racist capitalism despite fascism being explicitly anti-capitalism and anti-racism
Sad!

>caring about an artists political leaning

music is music my dude, just because a commie makes it doesn't change how it sounds. I know people right leaning who listen to tracks from "we must become the pitiless censors of ourselves", while understanding its some marxist quote.

that's good, i only hate when people think he's a right leaning guy too

Read Heaven is Real by Adam Harper if you want a better understanding of the relationship between Ariel, Maus, and R. Stevie Moore. It's short and sweet

i legitimately cant tell if this is maus or just someone that looks like him. help

so wrong

I know who is in this thread.
I know.

enlighten us all

horee shit thats some beautiful hair

What did he mean by this?

black marble does maus better than maus

it's been like that for over a year

not true by the way

bratty

MAUS IS MY MOMMY

yea without any of the social critique and philisophical concepts... pass its jsut shitty synth post-punk shit

Black Marble isn't near the same level of experimental, he does mainly more polished synth-pop

>social critique and philisophical concepts.
so is maus just "shitty synth post-punk shit" with social critique and philisophical concepts?

maus is experimental?
if a rehash drenched in reverb and lo-fi recording is experimental then sure.

my mess up, deconstruction.

>so is maus just "shitty synth post-punk shit" with social critique and philisophical concepts?
more or less but i only listen to music for philisophical concepts and stuff now. philisophicla conepts can be related to sonic experimentation as well tho (ie. i am sitting in a room, 4'33" etc.)

>maus is experimental?
yes
no

>i only listen to music for philisophical concepts and stuff now
that's all relative to you yea?
and
alvin and cage giving rise to the future hack generation.

youtube.com/watch?v=FdTYeIt8IzY

>rehashes 80s synth pop
experimental lad

Name an artist doing exactly that before Maus.
Inb4 Ariel Pink

yeah?

a genre rehas doesn't make maus experimental when it's the same thing we've heard before with no new ground being crossed.
jus pop music ppl look too far into.

we need a black marble general

Kennedi, do you understand that words change over time and nationalism of any kind is bad? Do you think cultural appropriation is a stupid topic? If yes, you should probably find fascism equally stupid. By the way, fascism was never "explicitly" anti-capitalist. Is it because your boyfriend is turning into a fascist, apparently?

what the fuck

>fascism
everyone and their political preferences.
parading around as so many differnet thingst
it makes no difference you will abide by the rules and laws that your guv'ment makes you regardless.
teens, and some adults need to accept this.

Bump

>fascism
>anti-capitalism
only so far as capitalism is run by jews; if capitalism is run by them, they're cool with it

i.e. they're all class cucks

there is nothing wrong with being rich and maintaining that wealth thru any means.
those with no drive and an idealistic mindset think otherwise.

black marble general when?