Never owned a gun in my life, but i think someone might be coming after me very soon...

never owned a gun in my life, but i think someone might be coming after me very soon. what is the first gun i should buy?

Get a glock. They're light, easy and simple to use, and are really good for beginners.

depends on where you think you will be when they get to you.
home: shotgun
outside/car: handgun
see them coming from a mile away: rifle

but in general, don't be so paranoid and take a gun safety class.

glock makes a lot of guns, what caliber/model is good?

12 gauge shotgun and pistol.

you should probably get a can of mace and work your way up from there, OP.

If you don't know how to shoot, and you don't have much time, go for a pump shotgun, and a box of shells. Basically, any size will work, except for bird shot. But heavier shot hits harder.

If you’re worried about a home invasion and have some money to spend, drop it on an AR-15, semi auto, easy to use, let’s you put a lot of rounds into whoever is tryna get you.

If you’re gonna carry it’s really up to you, but I use an HK USP, but that’s just because I’m used to it.

Ask /k/, I go there for all my gun questions

9MM or .40 glocks are perfect

yeah so a 5.56 can go thru the walls and kill someone

Get a shotgun or a pistol

What did you do you fool!?

Since it's your life on the line you should fork over some cash. I recommend the glock 10. Plenty of stopping power but not too hard to wield. Go to the range and find some you like but keep it over 30 caliber as you want this fucked to die

get a 9mm with a large capacity as it's going to be the easiest to shoot. 45 is good too but don't buy a 40. 40's have terrible recoil.

I wouldn't pack a 9mm if I thought someone I couldn't report to the police was gunning for me. I want that mother fucker dead on round one and really dead on the next nine

this. if you're gonna die, might as well use your cash before you go.

Remington 870

so i take it you have just shrugged off lower caliber bullets then?

glock 17 9mm with these rounds.

Fair ENough but for a first time gun user like OP the higher caliber rounds might be difficult to handle

I have a glock 31 .357 for my home defense

I got one because I don't trust my roommates. All they do is stay in their rooms all day.

as much as I am not a Glock fanboi.... I have to say that most of my friends had one as their first firearm. I have never heard any issue from any of them on it. Personally I went with a Ruger P90 but that was back in 2000 and was much cheaper than a Glock

you sound like my first roommate. except he stayed in his room all day (or night, rather because he slept in the day)

Honestly if I was in that situation I'd probably get a 12 gauge tactical with an open skeet and 00 buckshot, some submachine gun model chambered in .45 and a semi auto pistol and a .40 revolver. I'd make a fucking armory, get a bunch of canned food and hold up somewhere till one of us was dead

Buying a gun =/= knowing how to use it.

If you're unfamiliar with the operation and use, you'll get yourself or someone else killed.
Whatever you get, be proficient with it.

i'm not a first time user, i've shot handguns, shotguns, rifles, even a full auto submachine gun type thing and i have good accuracy

i have never owned or carried a weapon though, idk what makes a good defensive weapon

this isn't CoD dude. you live in a (relatively) civilized society.

Second this. It's a great gun
Nope but know cops and people in the military who complain about the lack of stopping power in a 9mm. It's anecdotal sure but I wouldn't take the chance if I was in the situation OP describes.

M E M E rounds

Those rounds are shit, you'd do better with FMJ

Nerve damage

dat filename

Good home defense weapons are reliable and have good stopping power

Thats why shotguns are the best. The spread and damage of buckshot is perfect and will not go thru the whole house like rifle rounds can

Pistols are good for size but if you cant hit the guy in your house youre fucked.

Get a 12 gauge. That way even if you're garbage you can point and shoot and still fuck up their day. Plus if you hold it like they do in movies they'll think you know how to use it even if you don't.

Why does it have to be cod? OP said someone's coming for him. You wouldn't try and run and then defend yourself somewhere?
I'm aware the sub Would be semi auto, it's just easier to use after you use up your shotgun rounds. I'm not considering reloading in this situation. I'd be too scared

stop playing modern warfare 2 you know nothing about ammo

one that you like and feel comfortable to use. go shoot a few at a range. they come in a lot of different sizes and calibers. try as many as you can.

Go to /k/, none of these answers are great.

What makes a good self defense weapon depends on where you're going to have it. If it's on your person a reliable, high capacity handgun. If it's in your house a type of rifle or shotgun.

9mm is great, a handgun works for house defense even if a rifle or shotgun would be better. A glock 19 is simple to operate and reliable.

I have several "defensive weapons"

Depends on the use case scenario. My main gun is a 12ga loaded with #4 buck with backup 00 buck.
For the case of multiple intruders, got an AR with 75gr BTHP in a Magpul D60 drum followed by 30 rnd Pmags as reloads.
Got a 9mm under my desk in a mounted holster.
Got a .40 w/ several mags for muh truck gun.

Point is, use the right gun for the right situation in a readily accessible place.

Glock 43 mane
Keep a loaded extended mag separate from your loaded gun if shit gets real

>first gun

A bigger one, than the one who comes after you have.

An arm represents the first 2-4" of gel, skin and sternum represent another 2-4". You lost everything before vitals were reached

What am I seeing here?

Buy a 12 gauge shotgun and/or a Glock 21 (full size .45). This is assuming you're worried about a home invasion.

i started with a replica air pistol of my choice before i got into the real stuff. practiced handling and safety for like a week.

Get a Makarov for conceal carry, and get a shotgun for the home.

go to /k/

>rustington
shiggy. go with mossberg.

man its crazy how well they fragment even on soft targets.

hes a noob he needs stopping power not lethal force. if you want to kill someone in one shot get a .500 S&W . thatll be sure to blow limbs off

The penetration is shit in an actual human like target, and the fragmenting bits would only cause a flesh wound.
All the independent testing shows they are nothing but show for shooting pumpkins.

>Fragments barely make it into gel
>Basically no wound cavity
>Designed for fragmentation and no weight retention which is the opposite of what you want
Shit. Objective shit.

A poor ballistics test

I've had an 870 express for twenty years and it's the best damn gun I've ever had

the round separation. it has a center which penetrates like an fmj but also has 5 "points" which break off in different directions after penetrating the skin

would you have preferred I said Fallout?

A glock or beretta

>get a heavy steel gun with an aneimic round in few defensive loadings

They're cool collectors guns, but not for modern carry.

No buckshot, it’ll tear your fucking house up. I wouldn’t use anything other than a handgun for home defense. I have a colt 45 1911. Only used it once on a dog that was attacking mine and it put that dog down faster than your vet.

He'll miss, knock himself out from the recoil, and get kilt.

Old ones are great. Post 2006 Cerberus guns are shit

Sooooo there is quite a bit of good advice in this thread OP...... But you still haven't said what happened that has this dude after you...... So whats the 411?

advertising. with all of the honesty typically associated with it.

Why are you shooting your house and not the bad guy?

I still don't get what's up your ass.

Get a 9mm, it's a nato round, and ammo is plentiful

>Point is, use the right gun for the right situation in a readily accessible place.

This. Depends on where you are. At home, leave nothing to chance. 12 ga 00 or slug. You only that bitch to fire once and problem solved.

Be advised, though...if you shoot someone for any reason, that weapon is going away, so no point in spending too much.

new remington guns are an embarrassment. someone over there deserves prison for fucking up that brand.

Old Remy =/= new remington. I encourage you to take a look at the new ones, they're shit. I've got a few rem1100s I love but I would never buy a new one.

just get a pistol light and easy to handle, as long as you have common sense

nothing. the situation sounds like a paranoiac imagination or out of a video game. is it common for people hunt each other down in this way where you come from?

that might be a bit of overkill but I applaud the idea

Tearing my house up is my last concern if i am in a situation where i have to use my shotgun

Its more likely that the average home owner will miss with a pistol

You’d shoot your house, the bad guy, and your cat. Not good for someone that isn’t comfortable with it. Sure he’d be dead but you’ll want to shoot yourself after you’re done.

That's disappointing to hear. Guess I'll keep taking care of the one I got and hope it lasts me till I die

I have a Stevens 320 for home defense with alternating rifled slugs and buck shot rounds in it. It's a cheap shotgun, picked it up from Dicks for like 230 bucks. I chose this over an AR or pistol because I have a corner entry room and I want to be able to send a wide spread down my hall way if I need, to ensure nothing is left on the receiving end.

EDC is a glock 19 with hallow tips.

Pistol grip Mossberg 12 gauge

>pistol grip
no

Holy shit read the OP you brainlet. This is my hypothetical response to bein OP's situation where I never expect to find myself.

If you mean just the pistol grip, that's a no go my friendo.

Please educate yourself on shotgun groupings at

Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip and stock for in your home will do you just fine. Any reason people might be coming for you? Maybe make sure shit might actually happen before you freak out and blow a bunch of money.

Where do you live OP? this changes a lot of things

How big is your house? Unless you live in a warehouse they shouldn’t be more than 10 yards away from you and I can piss that far.

You'd trust your life to a $200 chinese walmart gun?

OP sounds paranoid too, but you took it to a new level. bunkering yourself for some undetermined amount of time because you think someone might be after you. don't you got a job?

Wish i had money for a colt 1911. Maybe if i ever get a 1911 itll be a rock island

Cycled 500+ rounds without an issue. Price tag isn't everything.

>but i think someone might be coming after me very soon
You steal their lunch money or something?

its past your bed time newfriend.

Get a can of wasp spray and melt the face of any asshole who threatens you.

>scope on a shotgun

Fair I understand that it’s just preference at that point, I’ll give shotguns fear factor too. Nothings scarier than hearing the cock of a shotgun in dead silence.

And it's not made in china you wiener

Huh?

>wasp spray
Best wasp spray

Damn dude you stay hydrated af

i dont give a fuck about my house, i barely own anything. i just want to make sure i kill this motherfucker if he comes at me while i'm eating dinner.

i havent slept for three fucking days

OP was obviously full of shit anyways but that was assuming you knew.
>don't you got a job?
What good would that do you if you were dead, you fucking retard