I have a degree in history
Ask me shit you ignorant fucks

Are you employed?

Gottem!

Of course not, lol
I'm an unemployed drunk

Why did they fake the holocaust?

/thread

Did julius II know michaelangelo was gay? How did the church reconcile that the painter of st. Peters basilica was an unrepentant homosexual?
Are you drunk rn?

What era do you focus on

Was pocahantus a tight lil virgin 12 year old?

Describe me what happens during the Canadian french revolution of the Patriots, what were they motive ? ( Actually have exams on that xD )

what is your opinion of Bavaria

were you too dumb to study sociology or philosophy?

So what are you going to do? At least write a book or start some YouTube channel on medieval weapons or SOMETHING.

I'm going to a real answer despite a facetious question
The Reich was serious about putting Untermenschen to work. You can quibble about death camps and poison showers, but the Nazis did put Jews and other unmentionables into camps and they did put them into camps.
The biggest proof of the Holocaust is Eisenhauer. He was as conservative as they come. And he forced reporters into the death camps and went there himself. He hated the idea of supporting the Germans in the future.

The idea of "Gay" is a modern thing. In history the idea of a separate way of living for men as a "homosexual" wasn't known. Being a sodomite was heresy and hated. But the idea that you WANT men was unknown. If you hung around with men, then that's alright. You just can't be found with your dick up a male asshole.

100BC - 100 AD

Yes

I took classes in both
But yes, I was retarded to study either

I've joined the military. Academia is bullshit

what do you know about the hittites

So did our aryan brother fuck a 12 year old? Also could you name other relationships between grown men and 10-14 year old women in history?

I had the same exams.
The French Canadian rebellion was against a foreign occupation. The Americans and the British were both enemies. The 1830s Canadian rebellions were about rejecting everyone.
However when they failed, leaders like Papineau fled the country. Faggots

Occupied country by the Prussians

How do you find the least biased history books? I know there is always going to be some bias, but I'd rather have something that presents both sides of an issue and has minimal agenda.

Who was Zebulon in the Bible?

The Hittites are real and legitimate.
The first treaty in history were signed between the Egyptians and Hittites.

The Hittites represent the first pattern in the long stream of Asiatic horse riding raiders.
I wonder if any modern Turkish culture has any remnant of those preTurk cultures

but wait i thought they're language was an indo european language, does that mean there were indo europeans among the asiatic horse riders

There is no "least biased book".
Everyone who writes everything has as bias. Even attempting to impartial is in itself a bias.

What era do you want to read about?
My basis for Roman history was Rostzoftzef
Short, on the point, barely any Russian influence

When did kekistan become a country

Degree in history? Lol. Question: how does it feel to have filled your brain with lies written by a bunch of world-controlling zionists?

what is your opinion of 2017?

Was the cult to Kali wiped out or did it survive at all?

>there were indo europeans among the asiatic horse riders
Indo-Europeans ARE Asiatic Horse Riders
That's how Indo-Europeans conquered Europe.
Our ancestors domesticated the horse. And then began to expand greatly based off that technology.

And to be honest, I forget what language group the Hittites belong too. I doubt their IE though
But I could be wrong.
I think they're just another example of what the Asiatic plains create

First there were the PIE.
Then the Hittites
Then the Huns
Then the Mongols

Feels like shit because I'm unemployed, drunk, and shit posting on Sup Forums

Inevitable. What was Obama's slogan? "Change we can believe in" Guess what? Change didn't happen. So we voted for the guy who said it would
In real terms 2017 was an eventful as any year.

We still know her name so it obviously survived.
Honestly, I don't know much about India religion other than the basic.
And some shit about the Evil Eye

what color were ancient greek temples and prominent buildings? were they really all white?

Is history even important to learn in schools?

Is god real?

if spartans where so badass why they didnt won the war

so were do the scythians fit in all of this

How does it feel to have a degree in what basically amounts to, "I memorized a lot of basic knowledge."?

It isn't like you have a degree in physics, engineering, or medicine, where you might create or develop something meaningful.

You literally got a degree in Jeopardy, end of story.

What is "I wasted my money because you can find out everything I know by using Google on your phone in 2018." Alex?

how big was hitler's penis?

U.S. history? If so...
Could the United States (at the time) have done anything different that would have made peace with native Americans?
Not here to judge your response, just curious because history is always relevant.

what was the year of the foundation of catholic church and where did it happended?

How old were you when you decided to forego doing anything useful with your life?

not op, but you do realize that shit is on the google because of people who caer about history and archiving pertinent information for the ages, right? if anything have too few historians would give the power of recording the past to a select few that would be easier to sway

well to be fair almost anybody can learn how to do most jobs by being mentored and googling shit
I can't tell you how many old people in high positions have been mystified by my ability to google shit

Do you think Greeks had a big gay/bi community compared to modern western culture, or just that most of their authors were bi or gay, sort of like how our media is dominated by gay articles when a majority of the people aren't gay.

It's a meme now to say that all ancient shit was coloured. And it's probably right.
Ancient shit got painted. Marble wasn't left just white.
Probably looked pretty ugly by our standards.
Yeah of course. Not just my history nerd bias. But like if you know how the Roman Republic fell, maybe you won't fuck up this century
No
They won a lot of wars. But they fucked up with their slaves which they treated as subhuman.
Turns out if you base your economy on people you treat as animals, you can't survive if they rebel
Feels real bad man. Which is why I'm trading in my degree to the military

Shit is on "the Google" because someone took the time to do basic data entry from a book to a computer.

Then again, a degree in History barely qualifies you to do basic data entry....so I guess you are right.

Of course we could have.

books written by people, like historians...

beat me to it

>tfw I also have a degree in history
>currently unemployed
>okay, so I was employed,but I got laid off
>got sweet, sweet severance pay, working in the month of January is for plebs

1. why the fuck did the helenistic philosophies (espec Stoicism and Epicurean) die out? Christianity is shit.

2. Why is pederasty no longer acceptable? Shotacon ftw

Every person who ever wrote a book about something that happened was a historian?

LMFAO

The history degree just got even more hilariously silly.

They were work camps but not death camps in the sense that they went there to get mass exterminated

Want to go ahead and re-read the Wannsee Minuten, you dumb fuck?

A society needs adepts in all walks of life you pretentious simpleton. Not just the specific ones any single individual deems valuable or worthy of their time.

like is a word that denotes similarity, you knuckle dragger.

we have information on wikipedia, google or whatever because people took the time to write out and record this information. archaeologists, doctors, philosophers and other people LIKE historians.

Will History really repeat itself?

Answer, please, OP.

whats your take on jesus and the events in the bible having a historical context?

Truth.

Our civilization would be done for w/o art history majors writing coffee table books and working starbucks.

Get some culture you uneducated fucks.

How long was napoleons weewee?

Short? Doesn't matter because... HITLER ONLY HAD ONE BALL
There was no peace with the Natives. It was a zero sum game then. Any land we took was land they lost.
Great Schism is the basic point where you can start to learn.
Catholics will say that they are the branch that stayed true to Christ since the beginning. But the Great Schism is where it really splits.
About 20 when I signed up to college.

This is a question I hear a lot. And I hate it.
Modern people apply modern sensibilities to ancient peoples.
It doesn't work like that. The binary between straight and gay just didn't exist. Ancient Greeks saw it as, if I can simplify, penetrator vs penetratee
Men, women, it doesn't matter. A man putting his cock between the legs of a teenage boy was seen as a right and ok thing. The boy has to learn, right?

The idea of homosexuals wasn't even a concept back then.

>Why did Helenistic philosophies die out in favour of Christianity
Easy question
Christianity was the religion of the slaves, the poor, and the women.
Stoicism was the religion about accepting your role in life. Epicureanism was about seeking pleasure.
So here comes along Christianity that says "Hey live sucks, but we're all equal in death"
For slaves and women, it's so fucking attractive.
It's easy to be a Stoic when you have a good position. But if you're shovelling shit all day, a guy that says "God loves you and you can get infinite pleasure if you follow me" seems really fucking appealing

Constantine normalized Christianity to motivate his soldiers. And that's what you need to know about how Christ got popular in the Empire

well, thats the beauty of capitalism, people who are useless get paid accordingly.

t. Brainwashed leftwing jew

Answer the gawd damn question history fucking major

It already is
It's all cyclical. We're early 20th century "stable" now

There was a lot of political motivation about Jesus' miracles. First and second Israel had a lot of motivation to exaggerate any claims of a Messiah. Because who could deny? Nigga's dead.
I figure there was a Jesus. There was a Jewish propagandist who claimed to be the Messiah.
He wasn't he first.
Simon bar Kokhbar was another Messiah claimant

Yes, yes, god damn it.
People are people.
Shit goes in circles.

> i have a degree in history.
i donĀ“t even have a degree.
feelsbadman.jpeg

Don't feel bad because we're just about as hirable but I'm thousands of dollars in debt on top

>ACKCHYUALLY.JPG

Who won the french revolution?

Why are history methods so opaque and why do historians constantly larp as social scientists and make claims about causality despite not using rigorous social science methods?

you're alright, op. you're alright.

at precisely what point in time, Did you become a total D bag?

20th century France looked pretty good
So yeah, the people won.
Ignore the present
Because anything before yesterday is fucking impossible to know. Memory is stupid. Shit doesn't work as real history.
There is no science to it. The best we can do is look at accounts written in the moment
The second a day goes by, the moment politics come in
Day by day is the best history.

OK, how come Napoleon couldn't sit onhis horse during the battle of Waterloo?

lets see if you went it an Ivy league or a state college.

Was Anne Frank a closeted lesbian

Not until that lady came by and knocked some smartz into her.

I agree with all of that but what bugs me is that most history books are literally filled with assertions and claims about counterfactuals and causation that aren't warranted. At least social science tries to use the appropriate methods to make causal claims. History purports to be what you say--merely a detailed record of what happened (i.e. *generating* data for its own sake and as an input for other stuff). But often historians I think don't like their second-class status and try to push into realms like political science and economics. Just something I've noticed.

Her journal talks about lusting after her friend
So... She was a totally normal woman. Women love pussy

Maybe you're right.
But I had some on the ball profs, including a woman professor (who was a total bitch who I hated) that understood how history can fail.

One of my best profs said at the beginning of nearly every class that we should "overcome our ontological position"
Where we live right the fuck now is bullshit and we should ignore it.
History can only really be understood if you pretend to live as the person who lived it.
You can't force modern morals on ancient people

So, here in the US politically active chicanos claim all mestizos are the product of rape. I don't buy it, and although I can see this happening in the early 1500's when the Spanish first arrived to mexico after a long trek, did rape continue in the 1600, 1700 and 1800's? I remember reading a document where the spanish first had to convert the indigenous populations to christianity if they wanted to marry them. Also read somewhere that many girls were given to the spanish as gifts, so it wasn't all rape.

Are Chicanos trying to taint the history of my european ancestors who conquered my american ancestors?

>
>Occupied country by the Prussians
Tell this a bavarian and he will kill you.

The idea of "rape" is a very modern one
In the past, a conquering soldier had the right to take from the local women what he pleased.
Did the Spanish have sex with the local women? Of course! That was how you prevented mutiny.
How do you get men to follow strict orders and live in a hell for years?
You tell them once you get to fight, you can fuck any woman is who is left alive

It's just nowadays we have cameras and shit around

IS SOPHISIM THE BEST PHLIOSOPHY?

Bumping for interest/more famous cases of loli on chad sexings.

Also OP are you any good a Age of Empires?

If the Earth is flat then why couldnt we go to america? I mean look on a map bevause id they hsd globes they couldnt see america because they never spun the globe around

Why military op? What mos?

why does my dick get a little stiff when I see a naked man? I'm 100% straight and 0% gay

I'm not American so MOS is inapplicable
But I'm going Navy. My application to officer is pending.
I got a degree with a high GPA. It's what tehy want

I tried sociology and it got too depressing constantly talking about problems in society. Next class was sociology of aging and even my teacher said it was pretty damn dull

You're perfectly straight, don't worry
You're not getting aroused on the sight of the penis but the empathetic connection. That erect penis is made to fuck. So, empathetically, you get ready to fuck too.
Don't worry

are you familiar with Arthur Ferrell's work and if so how do you feel about the idea that 11,000 years ago civillisation began because people had to build walls around settlements to protect from attack from neighboring tribes

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

so what website, videos, books or ebooks should I go to know more about
roman/medieval infantry tactics all I know are Historia Civilis and Baz Battles youtube channels

No familiar.
But 12-11k years ago was the invasion of the Indo-Europeans into Europe. The original culture, there is nothing left.
Our ancestors conquered the indigenous Europeans through the power of Horses

Your wall thought must have been a corruption of the Mycenean culture about 1200 years ago.
Around 1000 BC they started building walls. Big walls. Especially around the coast
They were hiding from someone
The Sea Peoples? Maybe?
Either way their society collapsed and there is no record of who caused it

Were niggers necesary or just luxury in america as a whole?

Listen to the History of Rome podcast by Mike Duncan
It'll get you in the loop for Roman history

Slave time subject

I don't know much about American history but I reckon they were important
Late Republican Rome was very much influenced by the number of slaves taken during the last Greek conquest
Too many slaves means fewer citizens working
Which means angry voters

What methods echo through history that accumulated the people great wealth/influence at their respective times?

The way you control people is to tell them they have power the way they are right now
The Romans, the Greeks, and now the Democracies of the world tell their citizens that they have power on their future.
You VOTE so you have POWER.
Right?

No probably not. But that's how it keeps happening. Democracy is bullshit
How did Marius get voted into power? How did Hitler?
How did the Gracci?

You want to be wary of politicians? Anyone who says "This will benefit you" is full of shit

how many jews died: 3 million, 6 million or 7 million? 10 million?
i've met jews once who didnt accept other jews as actual jews if the mother wasn't jewish. apparently you have to go through a kike vagina to be a real jew.
so considering that the question is perhaps a bit harder. well that and jews lie a lot.

furthermore stalin killed 20 million people
Why don't his kills count?

2 woods