What will it take for guitar rock to be cool once again?

What will it take for guitar rock to be cool once again?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtu.be/7cWeksY690U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's already cool

go to a concert m8, rock's better than ever

If we had a wooden splinter family living inside the hole of an acoustic, then have it produce abstract pew sounds.

For african-americans to start playing it

Will lil Wayne come out of retirement already?!

>Jimi Hendrix doesn't exist

What exactly is "guitar rock" OP?
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
Many records featuring guitars here.

Indiefags not trying to be other bands from decades ago.

For mass media and major record labels to start promoting it.

Lil Wayne is actually decent at skateboarding. Guitar, not so much.

if he is decent i should really be sponsored by now

You're not black enough for that.

This. It's all cultural programming as far as whatever makes it to mainstream. Nothing mainstream is organically produced.

>What exactly is "guitar rock" OP?
Well, OP?

that suicidal druggie isn't cool

i do not fully agree, kurt was cool but his drug use wasn't

It needs a new sound. maybe a new pedal? Guitars are still in use, but rock sounds dated. Either we need lots of time for it to settle before it returns, or the sound needs a twist

The day normie poptimist faggots and rap fans start listening to rock is the day it stops being cool.

But he was only cool because of his drug use

This

>not anymore he doesn't

Play better guitar.
Support your local scene

it'll die, a decade ago everybody wanted to be in a band, 2 decades ago everybody was in band, now they all wanna be hip hop artists, new and upcoming rappers pop up left and right, rock not so much, only old men and indies.

also it's very easy to learn musicsoftware and mumble some shit than learn an instrument and find some buddies to play with. shit won't change as long as the media and labels start changing

A new sound.

Being good.

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

this

A listen to Bowie

Do you think Rollins trained neck or is it just naturally that thicc

So he's a hero.

>rock's better than ever
I am taking this bait
fucking retard

People doing original looking/sounding things with guitar-like instruments once again. That's how it's happened before.

It's not happening unless it's something new

If someone finally makes a good, powerful guitar synth/regular pickup hybrid that looks cyberpunk enough you might see a new kind of 'guitar' music though

He got mad neck gainz from raging at DJ fuckhead

It was cool in 2008 but that shit was honestly horrible. Most of those bands playing warped tour were just playing barre chords in drop C. With double bass drum guy droening everyone out, bass guitar and synth inaudible. I watched a stick stickly live video and it reminded me of why that music back then was bad.

youtu.be/7cWeksY690U

Oh fuck off. Rock's been dying for decades. At this point, it just needs a change to re-become mainstream.

no

>"A new pedal."
Hmm. Would a Digitech Synth Wah work?

hopeful never

What do you mean do you ever go outside or even go to shows guitar rock is still popular and has been