clyp.it/51gncuam
youtu.be/OY56gTEzODg
youtu.be/pgmFNZ2beqU
youtu.be/Agqrbpve9-g
youtu.be/8JZfWrZFqbI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sou brasileiro e peguei o primeiro

How 2 be Froosh?

sup /gg/, just arrived back from the luthier. went there to see the lower frets' buzz that i was getting since he leveled the frets. he said i was strumming really strong, but i insisted and he raised the nut, loosened the truss rod a bit and got me a thicker low e string. its all great now

How many of you have actually had guitar lessons? How long did it take for you to be comfortable with the guitar?

>tfw you realize no Pantera song has rhythm guitar when there's a solo to keep the live version as close sounding as the studio one

>can play triplets
>can play nested triplets
>can't play literally any other tuple type
Help me

>nested triplet
>tuple
cant help cos didnt get that part

55chan.org/mu/src/1507544955474.ogg

I have no idea what you two fuckers are talking about.
>T. Self taught

When the numbers are above the notes in a row and you play em real fast, can't do it for any number other than 3
Can do a triplet inside a triplet though which I guess is like a 9-tuplet? Idk I ain't no scientist

ah i was thinking triads
well i dont know what youre talking about, are you saying you cant play too fast?

Strat neck pickup + barre chords using your thumb

not only have i had lessons, i am a guitar teacher.

'comfortable' is not one thing. even with 15 years experience there are lots of situations where i would feel uncomfortable. however i can definitely recognise common milestones in fluency and confidence between my students.

with the right teacher it only takes a couple of months to feel comfortable learning simple chord charts on your own, for instance. by that point you won't be able to just scan over a series of changes in a weird key signature and start playing straight away, but you will be able to suss it out in half an hour or so. after about a year you will more likely than not know the fretboard intuitively.

all it is is division. first work out how long the tuplet is going to last in conventional beats, then subdivide it into the lowest note value of the tuplet and practice inserting the rhythm into the beat value. nesting just means you have to keep track of multiple at once.

No, I can play fast, the issue is timing. A triplet is three notes in the space of one. I want to be able to do the fuckin mental gymnastics necessary to play 5 or 7 notes in the space of one. Stuff like that.

get the metronome running and get 5 or 7 notes in there then try to do it so theyre at an equal speed

meat meat meat meat
murder murder murder murder
sausages sausages sausages sausages
colon cancer colon cancer colon cancer colon cancer
colonoscopy colonoscopy colonoscopy colonoscopy

I guess it's really like an anxiety thing for me at that point, because it's just like how do I know they're even? I usually end up dragging a little in practice and I don't want to risk that while actually playing. I don't know, I'll keep practicing

Aw shit thanks dude this is actually super fuckin helpful, I only knew the "triple it" one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konnakol

this is the shit for learning subdivisions

youtube.com/watch?v=sUCYkXMHU-I

guys can't do this right now, i've been fingering A minor all night

This is legit the first time I've ever gotten actual helpful advice on Sup Forums
What the fuck happened to this board

vocaroo.com/i/s0oIlpolCM9D

i said 3 notes and was doing 4, brainfog is a hell of a drug

so what about epiphone?

Is a cheap Gibson a good thing or a bad one?

it litterally fixed pretty much all problems that a gibson has, and yes to me, a cheap gibson is a good thing

youtube.com/watch?v=5aDWDt-xrbs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ctx86V-GI8A
Haha wow, what a down to earth and normal guy. He's not autistic at all.

Why don't more modern musicians use Cigar Box Guitars?

youtu.be/K5-f1Bnltu8

are you sarcastic ironic or not
no goint to watch it

Take a guess. At least skip to the part where he talks about his first guitar (a fucking 63 strat)

A: because there isn't really a big brand that funds musicians
B: because they're not "cool"

i dont like his looks

I am trying to learn country music with .11 strings. I think I need to go to the hospital, my girly hands cant take it anymore

>tunes the note sharp then back to pitch
>surprised when the guitar goes out if tune

How do we save Gibson™, guys?

Its to big to fail.

Are there any lessons or resources on learning to play this style of jazz comping?

youtube.com/watch?v=OtbiNDYiAj4

L’esprit manouche

Yeah, he's really not likeable at all.

I'd also argue that hoarding gear like that is not fair on other players.

I re-harmonized clair de lune for jazz imrpov

lemme know what u fags think

youtube.com/watch?v=5N2wx-cLr30

What should I pirate if I want to use my PC as an amp?

Dont, amplitube and guitar rig might offer great variety but its such a hassle using an interface and sitting infront of a fucking pc, just play a small amp if you wanna practice.

Bias FX and Guitar Rig are a couple of good ones, although there are a few other well regarded amp modelling programmes whose names I can't recall.

You might also want to pirate a DAW if you don't already have one. Bias FX was really laggy for me until I tried running it as a plug-in through Ableton.

Question to people who use amp modellers: is an audio interface an absolute necessity? I use one because I thought it was, but I've heard of people getting low latency just from plugging their guitars directly into their normal soundcards.

wut? I pretty much always practice in front of my computer so I found amp modelling software much more convenient than having a practice amp.

clyp.it/51gncuam

what do you guys think of this? Other than the first chord change being slow

Cemetary gates does tho

Practice your dexterity. Too many muted notes

THIS THREATENS THE OFFSET NUMALE. JUST LISTEN TO THAT JCM900
youtu.be/OY56gTEzODg

Dude, you really need to get an 800 or something.

The breakdown after the solo in domination has a lead and a rhythm section. That crunching isn’t just Rex on bass

Find me a good condition original for under $700 and ill buy it.

>under $700

Exactly.

youtu.be/pgmFNZ2beqU

Actually, I was criticising you lack of funding.

that doesnt bother anyone here. half of this thread crossposts over there.

Ok buddy. Post a pic of your gear.

THIS OFFENDS THE ETERNAL PENTATONIC PLAYER
youtu.be/Agqrbpve9-g
Pic unrelated

I get really excited for these for some reason.

Cant wait to restring my strat with these once the factory strings need replacing.

Pfffft

Get on my level.

I love dimebag, and i am disgusted with what they have done to his name and image. Fucking marketers.

GETCHA PULL BROTHER \m/

I did, I'm the JVMfag teasing you again :)

Dont believe you.

You don't believe I'm JVMfag?

Who cares? He endorsed the strings. There's no reason not to keep his picture on the packaging. Now, what Dean has done isn't as defensible. They really do hock his name on a lot of their models and it's annoying.

Yeah i meant as a whole. I know he endorsed stuff but after he passed away everyone took advantage left and right.

THIS LEAD WORK CONFUSES THE OFFSET NUMALE.
CAN ANYONE COMPETE?
youtu.be/8JZfWrZFqbI

I can't grasp 'pulling off'. No plays after i lift my finger, what do?

Henry needs to be fired, because he keeps making terrible decisions for the company. In general, the marketing needs to be completely redone as well; it seems like Gibson is trying to make itself more of a lifestyle brand than a guitar company, which is stupid.

The biggest tangible changes would involve improving the quality control drastically and focusing on a smaller number of more consistent models. Lowering prices in general would be helpful for certain models, especially their acoustics, which have the most ridiculously inflated prices on the market (besides the J-15). Being less shitty to their dealers couldn't hurt. Right now, Gibson has a reputation for making overly expensive guitars with poor QC and stupid gimmicks, and being shitty to deal with. In order to get out of the hole, they need to reverse that.

When you pulloff do it with a slight angle as to pluck the string with the finger youre using to pull off with

So how would I play 3p2p0 exactly?

how do you feel about dean getting their logo on his grave site?

With ring finger pulling off into pointer finger pulling off into air. Make sure you are applying enough pressure with each finger.

LMAO WTF
America the beautiful
Its a damn shame but for what its worth hes buried with one of eddie van halens personal frankenstein guitar. A blue and yellow one i believe.

>Dean actually did this

absolute madmen

Yeah, there's no point in having multiples of all that. He's just fucking over other players and driving up prices. After that peice of shit dies all that stuff will probably wind up in museums instead of back in circulation just because a famous asshole owned it for a tiny part of its existence.

9>
punny sissy
>11
manly

daily reminder

Where do guitars made of cinderblocks fall into this?

otherway round bruv

What if I have an SG, user?

>not playing a superstrat
lmao it's like you nerds don't even want to shred or do big chugs

This gay gets it

should have heavy strings or thing ones for funk.guitar?

Sorry I been neglectin' y'all fa/gg/ots, been otherwise occupied this last week.

Enjoy it while it lasts, homos ;^)

It doesn't matter.

Shredding is so needlessly heterosexual. Thankfully there's no place for something like that anymore.

I'd argue for thin strings. In the context of a band not many people will hear the difference and if you go too heavy you will be putting in more effort than is needed.

>how babby get sound?
>Big muff clone
>Space echo
>30k in orange amps and a mata head
Well then.

wata best waifu

>9
punny sissy detected

Guitar is dead

What are the definitively best strings /gg/?

Thomastik, Dogal, the list goes on.

yep. name a guitarist who's managed to establish himself as a household name in the last 15 years

when I say van halen or slash my aunt knows who I'm talking about. jack white? Joe bonamassa? nah

I hate john mayer so much but hes doing something with dave chappelle on tv soon. So theres that....

Will this work for converting a combo to a head?

I get a wierd hum when I cram the speaker outputs to an output I pulled out of an old guitar.