Someone come help me

someone come help me

why is the level requirement fucked up, I'm trying to join

new map, was a level thing

trap duriel at the bridge by tyrael

what anime is this from

this old as fuck game has MP? damn

That depends... are you..... looking for Baal?

Online multiplayer has been a thing for a long time, kiddo.

what is this?

this is an important question.

i've seen as early as 1998, but this shit looks even older

nigga tf u aint playin median xl

dude wtf just get a nice belt, throw all your pots in the floor as soon as you enter duriels chamber and open a portal, then go back and get more potions, go back to the chamber, open another portal just in case you get killed, if you run out of potions you take the ones on the ground, remember to use the ALT key, and if you get killed buy more potions and town scrolls and repeat
still what are you fucking gay

Underage and newfag

1998 ?? Lmfao. Ever heard of MUDs? We were online gaming way before 1998

you can still experience diablo 2 for the first time and you are sitting in this shit thread

ok.

go fucking play it now

Lawl, what year is it? Classic D2 PvP was the best.

Back in the day I used to make a character for every difficulty, where I would open up the tomb, but not kill duriel. That way I could create a game with him, bring in another character and then leave with the first character before killing the boss. I fucking hated act 2 and was willing to do anything to avoid it

Anyone here also play the Original?

The PvP was pretty horrible, but it's the reason why I played the game so long. It was really just about who could be the biggest cunt and camp corpses the best... and who could drop items around corpses to try to pop people. God it was the best popping someone.

Played the shit out of d1. Never did much online, it was all local serial cables. Too bad multiplayer characters were stored client side, it just made it stupid. It would have been pretty hardcore since you drop all of your stuff when you died.

>The PvP was pretty horrible
What did you find horrible about it? And which version in particular? D2 Classic PvP was much better than LOD. Once everyone could teleport, character/class individuality was ruined. Plus Inv filling to increase stats/spells/resists didn't exist yet. Maybe you just sucked user.

duriel is a bitch, just gotta keep moving, come on user

It was great, I remeber having a modded resurrect spell that would res the person and instantly kill them. I would Pk someone then spam them with that for a few minutes while they cried about their items. Gave items back 9/10 times, the ones that I didn't was because they rage quit. Also remember dropping items on the island South of town and watch newbs try to get there.

he probably hated the massive amount of hackers and griefers whoopin his ass outside the rogue encampment, i know i sure as hell did

All he had to do was make a few nice friends and play privately. Did you play open or closed? There weren't too many hackers in closed. Mostly just godly items being duped. People were still scared of being persecuted back then. Not to say people didn't cheat, I know i did for the first 2 years it came out. Cheating gets really boring, I wanted to legit beat my opponents. I pretty much only played for the PvP.

You wanna know how to beat those guys up (n classic)? Make a chargendin, get urself a pefect bonesnap, level him to 27 and don't put it on yet. start talking shit to all the high levels, up to about 80 usually. They always underestimate that dmg and you'll 8/10 times be able to get a kill. There was nothing better than smacking 8-85's with a level 27 Paladin.

80-85's

pfft when i was 12 I was scamming your dad in college for his perf ebotdz you little cumstain faggot

Pfft, I was the guy who taught you that trade scam nerd.

ok.

Do you remember the legit/non-trainer way to become invincible?
You have 30 seconds to answer, wouldn't want you googling it.

I think most people would agree that d2 pvp was garbage tier. That doesn't mean it wasn't a lot of fun though.
Yeah, it was pretty much just camping outside rogue encampment and people trying to get cheap shots in. There just wasn't that much to it.
I played classic pretty much on game release and then lod, then went back to classic. I duped sojs in classic and had every godly item in the game.
I played lod when there were ITH items, and also played hc classic a lot.

I trade hacked one poor dude and felt bad and gave him one of each godly item in the game when I started duping, haha.

read script

Underrated comment

>I trade hacked one poor dude and felt bad and gave him one of each godly item in the game when I started duping, haha.
Ya, being a complete asshole can actually be a humbling experience. I definitely had those moments myself. I only hacked on open though and beat up on GOD-Moders.
>I played classic pretty much on game release and then lod
Same, LOD was shit imo, and i only ended up transfering my SorcVsSorc sorceress. After realizing what pvp had become, I knew I had made the wrong choice moving that toon. Although you're right about town camping, the class/pvp specs for classes were very vibrant, unlike LOD. I also had all the cool toys, not by duping but trading. Although i had a few buds that duped them, I preferred the thrill of trading up to. I actually used to have a written process for my dumb friends on how to trade up to any godly in classic with just an Umes wand, good times. But ya back to your camping town stance, most public PvP games were like that but there were so many private duels going on between guilds. I remember just logging in and getting into nice legit 4v4's all the time. Not camping but good fights, even 1v1's, but ya, they seemed to be more for the top players, ie anyone in full godlies.

>I only hacked on open though and beat up on GOD-Moders.
OMG, there was nothing better than Hosting a game named God-Moders Welcome. And when they arrived, cooking up Jamelas Trainer and turning off their GodMode or changing their stats (only while they were in my games), they would cry so much.

You could literally do whatever you wanted to the if you were host. Killing some retarded kid with a level 999999999 bone spirit while he's sitting in town scoping the scene.

>Big
>Big Cleaver
>Killing all my friends
>Couldn't stop him
>Had to run away
>Trapped in a room with so many bodies
>So many friends
>Noooo

>SOFTCORE

Classic LoD pvp was a lot of fun too.
1.10 patch was the thing that fucked the class variety