Ask me any gun questions I'll be up late tonight

Ask me any gun questions I'll be up late tonight

bump

What kind of pistol would you prefer for open carry?

Why was 7×57mm Mauser superior to its 1893 pattern smokeless-powder cartridge contemporaries such as 8×50mmR Lebel?

favorite gun

what are the advantages or disadvantages of open bolt firing mechanisms?

Not OP but...

>advantages: cheap, easy to manufacture, cools the chamber to prevent cook-off

>cons: your action is fucking open and dirt and stuff can get inside

if you're open carrying you're looking for trouble
in that case Colt SAA in leather bandolier holster
I don't know
G3 probably
open bolt you have quicker cooling, manafacturing, and more simplicity, but the disadvantage is that the ATF will fuck your dog if you have one

Why do you need guns?

gotta keep coyotes, hogs, rabbits, and niggers out of my damn ranch

Lethality at range and general purpose use - much like the .30-06 which is its close companion in terms of velocity and muzzle energy.

>need
Fuck off commie.

Can I borrow one for a school project?

i like the 9mm s&w shield, am i retarded?

No. If you liked the .40 shield then you'd be a retard.

>transferring ownership of a firearm to a known autist
not on my watch
more ergonomic than a glock

Do a lot of bolt action rifles support 5+1?

Mauser action with 5 rounds in mag and 1 in the chamber as an example

yay, thank you both.

why is the 40 bad? too much recoil+ fewer bullets?

and i agree, i feel like its too boxy, imprints hard.

yes usually only magnum rifles are 4+1
my weatherby is in 7mm weatherby mag and its 3+1
.40 has no benefit over 9mm and has less capacity

Which is the best gun to get rid of rabbits.

What pistols should I consider for a first time conceal carry

you also thought arg was bad tonight that you would rather hang out in b

cool

Glock 19 is the best of all-worlds, honestly. It's not too big, not too compact. Great caliber.

Easy to conceal or open-carry.

I'm going shooting with my gf in the near future i really want to shoot a sniper any good places in colorado?

Okay so where do I start.

Top photo looks like a retarded Kel Tec. Looks like you have no concept of spending your money on anything good.

Second from the top. Run of the mill AR-15. I'm impressed its actually mid length in a world where everyone buys a standard rifle off the shelf. That foregrip looks kind of gay and you have no optic. Sell the top rifle and buy something good like an Aimpoint T2 or Comp M4S.

Mosin is cool.

Cool fud guns.

listen to no one suggestions, go to gun store and hold guns, buy the one that fits your hand best

better if you can rent and shoot them before buying, buy the one you shoot best or like shooting the most

is DI really as bad as the internet makes it seem?

Conversely, whats your opinion on short stroke piston platform AR's?

.17hmr
you want quality because it needs to be able to shoot every time
buy a glock or HK, dont buy a Kimber, taurus, or Hipoint
damn right
>foregrip looks kind of gay
It's KAC you peasant
I'm saving for an ACOG
Keltec has been reliable so far I might trade for an M1A CQB if this guy on leddit will hurry

Buy one of those sexy Wolf Uppers
DI is fine and piston is heavier.
>shitting where it eats
some guy on leddit that worked at the Vegas range said the ARs to shit the bed first were HK 416s or some other gucci piston AR and M&Ps outlasted anything until the barrel was shot

how does a reflex sight work? Am I supposed to keep both eyes open? does it matter if I close one>?

keep both open to have a wider field of view. if closing one makes the dot seem more sharp you likely have astigmatism and red dots will suck for you

3-5 round mags because almost all state and various country laws for hunting give those mag limits to hunters.

Glock 43 concealed carry and a Gen 5 Glock 17 for open carry.

You can’t shoot a sniper, that’s illegal. Shoot targets instead you asshole.

:( ... but what do I do if thats true and im bad with irons?

is a MK23 really worth it? Also, do they have adapters for the earlier H&K specific rails for lights and stuff?

get an optic with an etched reticle, they range from strikefires to acogs

>QD larue mount
what a shame
I hate my finger grooves so much
you just need an etched reticle
if you don't want to get bullied you'll want to buy an ACOG or LVPO
yes MK23 will always be overbuilt perfection

correction: not strikefire, strike eagle

LARUE is love LARUE is life, can I interest you in a box full of paintmixers and bullshit?

are pmags good?

namely glock ones and the STANAG ones.

they do make prism sights with etched reticles but really you could get an eotech for that kind of money and suck it up
also larue QDs can't hold zero
everything except for gen 2 is good
I think that had feed lips extra susceptible to breaking

yeah but the dustcovers keep them from cracking when stored loaded YMMV, and there isn't anything wrong with aluminum stanags for ARs unless you're really autistic about weight

better rtz than adm garbo, I use real rings when it matters tho

Thanks. Fucking broken eyes shitting up my fun.

>better rtz than ADM garbo
that's where you're wrong
find burt in the pistol general and ask for the infographic
nice rifle though I thought that larue was an ad pic
the barrel nut on larue rails is top tier aesthetic

fuck
good luck

how many of those guns in pic did you steel?

Cheapest pistol worth buying

burt and I are tight because we love 22s

its cool I'm used to the LARUE bully

How's that Kel tec carbine?

none
father bought me the weatherby though it's still probably the most valuable one
zero malfunctions so far
hopefully it really can handle full power .308 all day because that's all I feed it

What kills, guns or people?

people ultimately find the means to do what they've wanted to anyway

lol tell that to hillery

Real question here. Everytime i see someone taking a shot he is stuck to the ground instantly, by only one bullet. I don't know if you got what i mean tho, but why ? I only one bullet enough to kill you no matter where it goes ?

no especially not with a pistol round
but it's scary as fuck and will put you in shock if you're not high on drugs or adrenaline

Okay, thanks user !

H&K USP 45. Thoughts? Or am I being too much of a cod fag

My wife is a cop here in Canada. They are offering replacing the Smith and Wesson 5946 with a Sig 220 R. I know nothing about guns, and she doesn't want to switch because she is "used" to the S&W.

Is the sig better? Should I tell her to except the replacement?

what do you recommend for someone's first gun for home defense, can be any type pistol or shotgun

like the GP100

Not OP but I love my USP...... Never fails and accurate as hell

Better is subjective, she should use whatever she is more comfortable with. The sig is about a half pound lighter and that will make a difference when carrying it all day. Both are good reliable guns

get the USP tactical and get started on that suppressor paperwork
The Sig is superior she should learn to shoot it well
nice grips
perfect

thanks guys, I will suggest she test it out. She is pretty stubborn but half a pound lighter would help her I am sure. Like I said, I know nothing about guns so ya.

Holster brand?

have her try the sig, it could always be worse

I agree 1000% on the suppressor, get that form 4 filed, you won't bed disappointed

crossbreed holster

I've tried so many IWB concealed carry holsters. I'm a bigger guy and I can wear this all day long no problems.

No. I take shit care of my ar-15 and yet it's still plenty reliable.

If you're going to carry a revolver with that long of a barrel, you might as well upgrade to the GP100 and get the extra capacity.

Often it can knock you unconscious and you die later, or if you're already at max cardio you can go into shock and then go unconscious and die.

Not Op but chiming in.....Only reliable piston AR is HK416, DI is fine, proven and reliable. The internet is full of shit opinions. lube and general maintenance but even when filthy as fuck all mine always go bang.

that's what it is

Not OP but I'd recommend a handgun for two simple reasons: cuz it's easier to store and thus access, and because you get more rounds in the magazine.

also you can hold a handgun in one hand and call the police with the other, harder to do with a shotty

In your honest opinion, what, in your collection, would you recommend would be the best firearm to own for someone who has not yet owned a gun?

Tigers don't wear guns, boy

What is the best gun and why is it the deagle brand deagle?

I have a compact pistol for carry, a 12g shotgun for hunting, and a simple .243 scoped rifle for hunting. Looking to possibly buy sometime to shoot for fun/let friends shoot for fun. Thinking either a revolver or AR. Any suggestions?

not op: the glock 19 or 10/22

if it's still 2006 and your kommando af then the nugget

Depends what you want to do:

1) defense?
2) politics?
3) hunting?
4) target shooting?
5) investigating if 1-4 are interesting?
6) etc?

why would you marry a cop?

You're right. It's been a hot minute since I replaced the grips on my SP101, and that's what I remembered them looking like. I mostly carry my old 4" Security-Six.

Non gun people love shooting single-action revolvers. "It's just like the cowboys used!"

Home defense seems to be best option.

glock 19 will get you a lot of utility
yeah only the old GP100s have this grip; the new ones have the Hogue rubber one stock I think
revolver will be more fun to shoot
ar will be more fun to fuck with
glock 19 then
make sure it's gen 5 the finger grooves are made for people with sausage fingers

Then get a handgun, reasoning above.

Go to a range and find something comfortable to hold. Don't stress about caliber, just get 9mm if you want a lot of capacity, 45 if you like big bullets.

because we get along? we like the same sports and activities? She puts up with my stupidity? Because she is attractive?

Not sure why it matters to you, we live in a friendly city, not a load of crime, but she has stories to tell everyday and I like to listen to them.

Rant mode: I'm building up a 308 are. Plain round tube style float handgaurds are obnoxiously hard to come by relative to quad rail cheese graters. And I don't want to shell out 250+ for a JP tube but it seems the only reasonable option.

On that note, it seems full handguard length top rails are pointless, but maybe I'm just not tactical enough.

get a samson handguard and be satisfied

don't worry. He is just jealous. I would love my a qt cop wife.

Gun fags are pussies.

Take that bayonet off that AR, you stupid faggot.

Sufficiently cheaper but still the pointless top rail.