Why don't our soldiers wear cool shit? Like why not give them badass gear like this kind of stuff...

Why don't our soldiers wear cool shit? Like why not give them badass gear like this kind of stuff? Don't you think you would fight harder knowing you look like a god damn badass? It would strike fear into the enemy. Not to mention I feel like it's crazy how were not utilizing certain modern technology on the battlefield too. Like augmented reality. There is literally so much you could do just with that. I also understand that it might seem too expensive to hand out this kind of gear to all our soldiers but I mean shit dude you don't even see the elite trained guys at the very top with this kinda stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RKcqHaPhkkM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cause we are trying to keep the alive and its hard to move in all that shit.
Also you aren't going to strike fear in someone that is 300 yards away.

There's a lot that goes into considering what is an effective combat multiplier. Usually it breaks down into how simple it is to use and how reliable it is so you can depend on it. It's a lot more difficult than you may think to apply something "high-tech"

Because the other half of being a US soldier is being an ambassador of the values and benefits of our society, or at least that’s the image leadership would like to portray. Rolling up looking like this definitely wouldn’t.

also costs

Cause when the asshole raghead that's shooting at you 600 meters away doesn't see what the fuck shit you're wearing it's not gonna scare him. Those dumb fucks shoot at armored vehicles still.. they're primitive as hell..

Armor that might save you if you get shot is great. Armor that slows you down so that you get shot is worthless.

Well I didn't mean exactly like pic related. I'm just saying we could be putting a lot more effort into the area of psychological warfare. You know there are still going to be plenty of altercations that don't take place at 300 yards.

You don't even see the elites wearing this because it's not practical. New tech has a tendency to break down and malfunction in the field, and it's just not practical to field this kind of stuff. Cool does not translate into combat effectiveness.

Do you know how Fucking hot it is in the middle East. Our soldiers would die of heat stroke in all that useless bullshit.

I was in a psyops unit for about 2 years, they more or less use loud speakers and propoganda brochures lol

Hey, can always build in an aircon unit. Since we're just wishing on fishes

>what is liquid cooling

Whats more psychological fucking than standing around being a terrorist than getting obliterated out of nowhere by a drone?
We really have no need for ground forces anymore.
Not to mention airpower has been intimidating for years.
AC-130 gunships
Warthogs
Apaches/cobras
Aforementioned drones.

Anybody think it would be hard to swivel your head around and look at stuff with all of that neck armor and restricted field of view from those glasses? Not to mention running in that stuff, hot and sweaty and hard to breathe through that mouthpiece.

NO OTHER reason than that the fucking shit is expensive...

Equipping a couple of million of men full body armor at current cost when US Soldiers are pretty good at not being shot and don't fight a lot of effective enemies is a waste

>Drones
Humans are obsolete for warfare

function over form ,at least for the military

We're getting there. Weight is the main factor.

youtube.com/watch?v=RKcqHaPhkkM

lol

Do you know how fucking expensive all that is compared to ground forces

all the weight would slow them down
maybe it would be useful on a breacher

right now in the mountains, combat patrols carry as much ammo as possible. (enough for a 1 hour firefight usually) and they don't go more than 1 hour away from the base so if they get into trouble they can receive reinforcements before they run out of ammo

Every extra pound of gear you add to a soldier decreases his range, operational duration and efficiency.

because batteries still have shitty capacity and weight a lot

>what is function
>what is cost

I have yet to see any truly functional full exo-skeletons.

And they cost a fuck ton of money

>inb4 hurr durr but military spending is insane
that's nice, but the vast majority of that funding is spent on shit that will never end up in use by people on the ground, which are the people you want to be giving these exo-skeleton battle suits to.

basically, you're a retard who lives in a fantasy world where being "badass" is the only justification for anything. Good job.

>mfw the flag on OP pic helmet is backwards

War isnt like the movies user.

95% of the time you're doing jack shit and when something does happen you never really see the enemy you just hear whizzing and buzzing noises coming from the distance.

That and honestly the shit we do have is heavy as is, and it gets heavier when you realize how little you really need most of it.

Because the gear being practical is more important than looking cool.
I'm pretty certain you haven't ever had to do pretend scenarios inna woods in full combat gear.

Bullshit Mandelorian "honor."

>you don't even see the elite trained guys at the very top with this kinda stuff
You answered your own question. SF guys can often get some of the latest and greatest gear. You don't seem them with shit like this because it isn't practical to use. As for looking badass, the military's attempt at that was ACU pattern for the Army, which is one of the most hated camouflages ever.

The flag on our uniforms are reversed.

The patch with the US standard is horizontal, the blue field should always be placed top right.

We used to say the idea is that if you were holding a flag and charging forward then the blue field would be on the top right so it kind of indicates we don't retreat but honestly I don't know if that was a rumor or if it's considered true.

The best type of psychological warfare would be to have more military parades, nukes out

we have a military of a couple million. shit gets expensive

Yea but we spend a lot on our military. Also we will never see another fullscale war that needs groundforces. Only small forces that need to occupy areas. And such. So airpower is the way of the future.

Don’t use anti-Muslim slurs

because super elite trained guys at the very top don't need bullshit like this

>Also we will never see another fullscale war that needs groundforces.
Until we do?
>Only small forces that need to occupy areas.
Until the enemy comes in with medium-sized forces. And the first group pulls in reinforcements. Using absolutes to describe future military engagements is a meme

Sorry, my apologies

They sure as hell will when they're fighting dilducks on PhystaPuss 7

How about you stop fetishizing war?
Why ‘wear cool shit’ to kill people? How about we save money and just equip soldiers with what they need or not even employ them.

If they bring in medium-sized forces we bomb them.
Not that guy.

Combat gear is cool as it is. Leave it alone.

Fighters destroy bombers

Fuck off faggot

oh look at you, you virtuous little fag

i think they figured out how to take bombers down in the 30s. AA ground weapons and fighter squadrons.

humans always go back to using expendable infantry when they can. it's cheap and fast

War has already been fetishized you little shit, some of us get hot and bothered around violence and guns. Fuck off of my Sup Forums

>just equip soldiers with what they need or not even employ them
Are you a total idiot. Without our military you would be getting fucked in the ass by a Muslim right now.

how do you pick your nose in that thing?
also what is it? sauce?

>Without our military you would be getting fucked in the ass by a Muslim right now.
don't reproduce pls

This. Basically the side with the blue corner always has to be moving forward.

I said equipping then with what they need was an option. No need to be a bigot about it.

As if investing more into military than all the other first world countries put together wasn't enough already.
>have a huge national debt
>be investing billions into military
>could solve debt problem by going easier on the military spending
>people want more investments into military
>usa for the win
Kek

faggot

Thats what they thought after the battle of nations. then they thought the same thing while signing the treaty of versailles. since the modern military capabilities have developed, we have had a major war every 100 years or so. in the next 30 years we will be overdue

significantly more crap to clean out of the wounds when you inevitably get shot or blown the fuck up.

it's expensive, and sometimes it can be more of a hassle then an actual help. Also, say you die, all your tech is now left in the enemys hands. you got to think this shit through as well

yup, I think most western armed forces do this.
At least we got the same explanation in norwegian army

Even for the police?

>we will never see another fullscale war
pure kek ... do you know how war works ?

Depends

"Muh, I played so much games, I think I know shit about modern warfare"

Go back to your room at your parents house and play Battlefield, you dumbass.

Because it's like a shepherder housing each of his sheep seperately in multimillion dollar mansions when each his sheep are expendable