Do any other Sup Forums patrons have trouble finding anime to watch?

Do any other Sup Forums patrons have trouble finding anime to watch?

I tried to get into it but the high standards of film have spoiled me.

Pic related. It was utter garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sKz8RHYOI8&ab_channel=SILVERMANIA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The animation was great tho.
Also:

>le patrician :^)
This is what sucks about this gay ass website, youre all elitist. Sword of the Stranger was not amazing but it was entirely decent as a movie. Go watch letters from a dead man or something

It was pretty bad. Compare it to Seven Samurai.

Sword of the Strangers felt like a very long Naruto episode that couldn't figure out if it wasn't a dark serious theme or a happy upbeat one.

Can't know until you try. As a rule of thumb, Oshii, Kon, and most Ghibli are good. and yeah, the pic related is mostly anime series but there's a section for films too

Have you watched Perfect Blue? It's a very standard reccomendation but it really is great. You should also check out Ping Pong and other Yuasa stuff

Is Eva on there? If so, it's a shit list

I tried watching that too. It was also trash.

>comparing a through-and-through action movie to Seven Samurai

Dude if you go into any movie expecting it to be better than the best films, then you're in for some major disappoint. In the case of Sword of the Stranger, the story was really just an excuse to get to the next stylish and well-animated fight scene. Some people like that sort of thing

The list isn't intended to serve you masterpieces. It's just a bunch of well-received titles and there's a good chance that you will enjoy at least one of them.

>"I watched on anime series and didn't like it"
>"I can now write-off every single other series and movie in a list because of this"

Serisouly dude

>Some people like that sort of thing

yeah. "people"

youtube.com/watch?v=7sKz8RHYOI8&ab_channel=SILVERMANIA

I'm trying to get into anime but I'm finding that it's all cartoons. Any recs?

Tried Evagelion, Cowboy Beepop, and Parasyte.

All consistently trash that seemed to appeal to middle schoolers.

there are like 5 "good" shows

rest is absolutely trash, although it was kinda fun to watch trashy shows along with Sup Forums back in the day

I look at the board now and it's all loli

Yes, because they were actually made for the teenage audience

Redline.

Just.

>get into anime
It's shit.

No cowboy bebop? Shitlist

On the off chance that this isn't bait, go watch "Jin-Roh: Wolf Brigade" and "Memories" then go from there

Try Ideon: Be Invoked, it's what Eva was desperately trying and failing to be.

Try Jin-Roh.

the themes and atmosphere are pretty consistent, the fact that you seriously compared it to a naruto episode proves you're a pleb who hasn't seen shit

it'd be one thing to have higher standards because of film, and sword of the stranger isn't anything that special, but you would have to be legitimately mentally disabled to think sword of the stranger is on the same level as naruto

will try. It's not common I find people who don't like Evagelion either so I'll assume you guys have some taste.

Also worth noting is that I kind of enjoyed JoJo's Bizarre adventure but really have only seen like 3 episodes. Any recommendations based on that?

>it's another episode of Sup Forums talking about anime

Actual anime kino for genuine kinnosseurs not plebs who thought that John Wick was good:

>Osamu Tezuka's Animerama trilogy
One Thousand and One Nights
Cleopatra
Beladonna of Sadness *(extra kino)*
>Best of Ghibli
Castle in the Sky
Only Yesterday
>cyberpunk (the real deal not that Gattaca, Equilibrium trash)
Genocyber
Serial Experiments Lain (I can only really recommend these to fans of the genre, is you don't know who Shozin Fukui is off the top of your head you probably won't appreciate these.
>Gainax stuff (they are good you faggots)
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
DAICON IV
Gunbuster (if you're familiar with prior /m/echa works and 70s shoujo tropes)
Evangelion (best watched as a teenager, still good otherwise)
>Satoshi Kon
Everything, this man was like Alex Proyas only with a career
>miscellaneous OVAs
Twilight Q
Bobby's Girl
Cream Lemon

Try watching something that wasn't made for middle-schoolers maybe?

Ideon without the show is pointless.

You all have such shit taste. I hate this board so much.

Seriously dude watch Ping Pong right now. Animekino.

Hellsing Ultimate was fun, but it's not for everyone.

>getting into anime
kek, there are more good films released per year than good anime per 10 years

>jojofag

jesus fucking christ

>doesnt like Eva because it appeals to middle-schoolers
>likes Jo-Jo despite it being even more flashy and retarded than Eva

the state of Sup Forums

Is the sixth episode of Gunbuster the pinnacle of weebkino?

it'd be kind of weird if one niche industry in one country were able to outproduce the entire world's artistic output.

JoJo is flashy and retarded on purpose

Eva tries to be this psuedo-intellectual 2deep4u type crap that really just translates to a weeaboo loser's self insert fantasy

what do you have against Oshii mane

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

Dont like it? Go back to your board manchild.

How could you hate all of but like Jojo? I could see evangelion and parasyte because they're more pretentious but Bebop? it's just as fun as JoJo, rarely takes itself seriously and has way more artistic merit

and jojo is one of my favorite anime

>gattaca
>trash
kill yourself

The whole point of eva was how the "weaboo insert fantasy" is bad for your health, but whatever. It shows how you haven't watched all of eva because if you can pick up on Jojo's self-awareness then you should be able to pick up on Eva's self-awareness

this guy forgot this ABSOLUTE КИHO

Maybe. It's pretty fantastic. Nerds making nerd-kino for other nerds.

His live-action movies are better than his anime-kinos. I actually really like Ghost in the Shell 2 and Angel's Egg but The Red Spectacles beats them no contest.

Are you mentally ill? You remind me of Barneyfag.

>dude, believe in yourself LMAO
It's a very shallow movie.

No I didn't. Lactating Gay Homosexuals is great fun to watch but it's not exceptionally good. The appeal is in the continuing plot and seeing if your favourite admirals die or not. It's like a less trashy Game of Thrones.

>kinnosseurs
Holy fuck I can't stop laughing

What are you top 10 films of all time that are actually live action

List them right now before I stomp you back to twitter you meme man

it was trash

Watch Tatami Galaxy and then we'll talk

that's Japanese animation but it's not technically anime

>posting threats
>posting threats to anonymous users
>posting threats to anonymous users on a malaysian motion picture website

Ok you guys might think I am trolling, but Tamayura is the greatest anime ever made. and barely anyone even knows it exists

Bump you fucking meme spouting imbecile

1. Phantom of the Paradise
2. Drunken Master
3. Day of the Dead
4. Sebastiane
5. Intolerance
6. Black Sunday
7. American Gigolo
8. Mad Max
9. Prometheus
10. Pain & Gain

It's hard to remember all the movies I like all at once so this list tends to change every half-hour or so.

it's a meme you dip

you're trash

ur a meme

>Retard confirmed
Kys. You obviously have no taste yourself.

And you fucking think you can step up to anyone with kinnosseurs?

You piece of fucking meme shit

for you

no because i'm not a freaking idiot faced pleb

was shitposting part of your plan

motherfucker my shits are more kino than you, I have a tattoo of Rex Ingram on my cock. You are nothing.

source on that flick on the right

succ

seriously freakin idiot cartoons that warp real art into videogames!

>A random anime ova isnt "utter garbage" because its not on the same level as literally one of the greatest films in the 20th century

Eva (TV series) has great production design, aesthetics, animation, etc and a solid ending but that's about it. The inbetween is a hollow shell of teen angst and ultimately meaningless religious symbolism deployed purely for visual impact.

If you liked JoJo, do yourself a favour and skim through the manga first, the internet's lousy with scalations at this point. I'd also recommend Akira the manga over Akira the movie.

A few random recommendations I'm going to throw out:

>Roujin Z
>Porco Rosso
>Golgo 13: The Professional
>Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team

Is*

>But user they're both about samurai and they both have the word "samurai" in the title so I'm justified in comparing them

What the hell do you consider to be the 'inbetween' in Eva you fucking spastic psued? If the production design, aesthetic direction and animation are great what the fuck is lacking you ignorant plotnigger?

And the Akira manga is balls compared to the movie. When you remove the focus on Kaneda and Tetsuo's relationship all you have left if a bunch of exploding shit.

Oh, forgot to mention: give the Rebuild of Evangelion movies a wide berth. They're fantastically shit, riddled with CGI, and the plot goes full retard halfway through.

Not the other guy, but the Akira manga is great for knowing all the extra stuff related to the plot, and the extended story is pretty good. But the production quality on the film (especially the audio on the Japanese track) are goat

>That lists
WEW

BAHAHAAH

the extra stuff is just extra stuff, it doesn't really add anything. The cult, the extended rebel plot, the old psychic lady, the soldiers infiltrating the city, the clowns takeover, all of that crap is kind of cool but it doesn't really feel like it contributes that much to a greater whole. It's got that regular manga problem of going on really long and meandering around while the author works out a conclusion or his wife tells him to pad things out so their kids can go to a nice university.

The movie doesn't do that shit. It's all got to be done in 2 hours, no time to fuck around. Go straight for the heart.

You have to be literally gay not to love Phantom of the Paradise.

>Akira manga is balls

Confirmed for being illiterate sub-90 IQ Downs child.

>Thinking visual presentation alone makes something worthwhile

The 'inbetween' would be little incidentals like actual thematic depth, meaningful character development and interaction, and so forth. Eva has none of those things, put aside the flashy visuals and it's tissue-paper thin. A half-baked metaphor for puberty that pokes a few jabs at mech genre tropes.

All the "extra stuff" is more important than the first half of the manga since Akira is really just a symbolic representation of Japan during and after WW2.

Reading comic-books isn't the mark of a great intellectual. You aren't smarter than social-media addicted normalfaggots because you've gone through every volume of Berserk 5 times.

>actual thematic depth, meaningful character development and interaction and so forth
>Eva has none of those things
wow great argument faglord you sure burned me with those hot opinions

I get the post-war stuff but I think that the story's far more interesting when it juxtaposes globalization and our exponential gains in technology with adolescence.

>Sup Forums talks about anime (and now manga)

the state of Sup Forums

Whats the best cunnycore animes lads?
I just downloaded webm related and almost fainted