ITT Post your jobs,careers,salary,age. What does Sup Forums do are you happy with your job career?

ITT Post your jobs,careers,salary,age. What does Sup Forums do are you happy with your job career?

30, married, no income
3 years ago i cut my fingers off in a metal shop i was working at, got a $150k settlement, $40k left.
Currently 2/3 through an AS degree at the local community college, and testing for CCNA Cert in march.

post a pic of your hand

like now or after the accident

they put the fingers back on

>31
>01 Electrician.
>117k before taxes.

Talk shit about trades,they easily make bank with not that much schooling (two and a half yrs for mine) I am more than happy, now learning plumbing to go along with it.

19, $27/hour, hour and half every hour past 40 weekly 55-63 hours weekly, have a girlfriend, have $83,000 worth of crypto rn, started with $4000 a month ago.

Working part time, 10 hrs per week, £7/hour.

3rd (final) year BSc Software Engineering student. Gonna finish while I’m still 20.

Don’t know what I’m doing with my life, not a shitty dev like most of the weebs in my course, but not good enough to work for top tech giants.

Uni hasn’t tought me anything apart from writing official reports etc.

Fuck knows what I’m doing after

brutal, can I use this for my death metal band's next album cover?

do the fingers work?

23/M/single

EMT for 3 years in a major metropolitan area. I love it but I only make $14/hr.

middle works ok, ring and pinky are there but dont bend at all. index is the most functional, even though that dangly bit is the only piece i didnt get back.

i would post a current pic but i don't have one on this comp

special ed teacher, $56,000 per year, b.a. in music, m.a. in art history, m.ed in special ed.

also make about 5-6k per year on the side teaching music lessons and tutoring in calculus and physics

>34
>executive chef at Wendys
>$12/hr

Paralegal

$15 hr

About to start the application process to become a P.I.

Also taking HVAC classes at the local community college.

Nurse’s Assistant

$13/hour, 36-48 hours a week, usually pulling in overtime because of understaffing tho.

Oh, yeah, and I'm 28.

how did it happen?

something like this, but older and with no safety gaurds. I just wasn't really paying attention and put my fuckin hand in the saw

HVAC fucking sucks, but will make you a lot of money. Especially in the summer.

>25
>GTL at Publix
>15.50/hr

Are you certified? What state? How did you rind your job?

I actually had an injury on my index finger that looked exactly like yours. Was doing garage door repair, was similarly being dumb and got it ripped off by the door. It's probably because my index finger was the only one injured, but the whole fingertip regenerated. Absolutely blew my mind, bone was even pulverized in the tip

Careful bro, don't admit fault

Post a pic of that hand now.

Also, how loud did you scream when it happened?

>33
>Tech Support in Medical Device Industry
>$30/hour
>Yes, I help doctors take care of their patients

i live in a no fault state, no worries

how long after it happened did it begin to hurt? I burned myself with an oxyacetylene torch and it didn't hurt for about 10 minutes.

Also I'm 21, bartender, male. Roughly $32k/year, 25 hours/week

I'd love to say it's a great college job, but the stress of it plus college over the last three years finally got to me about eight months ago. Tried to hold on, but ended up dropping out about a week ago. Blood pressure too high, started getting horribly sick all the time, lashing out for nothing at all, etc.
Now trying to figure out what the hell to do with myself. Seeing a doc to get my blood pressure down first thing

>25 (turning 26 one month from today)
>bank teller
>$12/hr, full-time
>live at home
>working toward degree in broadcasting

Job is okay, just started about a month ago. I like the repetition of it. Aside from one or two, the people I work with are shitty humans or annoying as hell. Most of my friends have moved out of town so my life is pretty boring right now. I drink and gamble of sports a lot.

not very loud really, more of a shout. i think i shouted "fuck" specifically. The thing is i was wearing gloves and the fingers of the gloves didn't come off, so i couldn't tell i had severed anything until my coworkers found my fingers on the ground lol
it hurt pretty much immediately, but the real pain didn't start till i was on the way to the emergency room

>Full time college, intern M-F, weekend retail
>$13/hr retal and $16 at internship
>22

not happy when school is in session but doing well for myself and padding my resume out the ass so whatever

how the fuck they reattach those shits wtf

8 hour surgery

Why didn't you just choose to have stubs? In the moment, I definitely would have.. instead of reattaching mangled fingers that are lifeless. Unless, of course, they're not lifeless and I just read the thread like a retard

33, control operator in a chemical plant, married with 1 kid. 88k before ot. Last year I cleared 100k.

i have full feeling in all of them, and the middle finger bends. Ring and pink still bend at the 1st knuckle, where they connect to the palm, so they help with grip a little

i got my lefty middle finger broke and 90% amputated when i was working at a mine. just thought i smashed it, didnt hurt too bad. kept working for a few mins until i noticed my glove filling with blood. went to bathroom and took off my glove, literally just said "fucking really? cmon." showed it to the guys i was working with and they kinda freaked out. then showed my superivisor and he drove my to the clinic wher ei had to wait over an hour cause docs were on lunch break lol. they xrayed then cleaned it, had to go to hospital a few hours later so surgeon could sew it back on 6 hours after it happened. was 7 years ago, cant really even tell it happened.

also if ever feel like it's worth the extra money there are artificial joints i could have put in through more surgery, but i'm not sure i'll ever actually do that

I'm in college at the moment but if that ever goes south I consider this my other option, any advice you can give me from your experience in the field?

>operator
>16€/h
>21

Job is mostly even fun, only one jackass to ruin the day.

Find a school offering classes in this field. Some kind of industrial development training. Keep applying, over and over. I applied 4 or 5 different times, tested every time and then went through several rounds of interviews as well. They wanted to hire me the first couple times but i was too young, eventually at 25 they hired me.

i also failed the msha drug test, which i knew i would, i smoked every day. couldnt do anything about it. dgaf. only had a couple weeks left before i had to quit and go back to school anyway

My real advice to you is learn dcs programming. Delta-V is pretty big. Siemens as well. That's where the money's at. If you don't mind traveling to hick towns you can make mega cash. I have no degree and getting into that requires on, regardless of how much programming experience you have. It's bullshit because I know I can do it.

25 85k with benes. Software engineer Midwest married buying a house in next few months

Hate to be that guy, but if anyone has any sort of insight to this situation, it'd be appreciated. Feels like an airplane that lost it's engines, sorta crashed