I want to learn some quality self-defense. Where do I start pol?

I want to learn some quality self-defense. Where do I start pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aikido then JKD then muay thai.

Coupled with some strength training, you'll also need some meditation for self control lest you kill someone trying to mug you.

Local gun store.

Krav maga is the only practical self-defense. It teaches to shoot and stab and kick em in the nuts

Honestly, I would do BJJ and Krav Maga. You have grapples and ground game covered with BJJ and then punches and dirty tricks with Krav Maga.

Judo works well in place of BJJ (Brazillian Ju Jitsu)

This. I'd recommend tai chi for the meditation. There's also martial tai chi which is neat and essentially the same as the meditation moves.

this

Traditional Karate is best. No need for the fancy Wing Chun shit, take down your attacker in 1 or 2 blows, let him pay his hospital bills.

learn to shoot a gun and get good at it

>Point end of firearm at nigger
>Pull trigger

By not asking Sup Forums and looking shit up on actually credible sources. If you HAVE to get your information on a fucking anime image board, go to

The philosophies behind what I mentioned is worth the slightly less efficient fighting style, especially aikido which won't even hurt your opponent if they've got something to land on. I'd rather OP learned something relatively peaceful.

That being said quad fours overrides my singles, although 272 isn't entirely powerless.

Tai chi is... Uh learn mindfulness first.

>implying that /fit/ knows how to fight
They are more inclined to do a brah-splits, trick people into GOMAD + SS and complain that fighting = cardio so no gainz.

That board has become pretty useless aside from the sticky.

You are an American, if you are actually interested in self defense, buy a hand gun. Marshal arts and all that bullshit takes years to properly learn and use on the streets, not to mention if your attacker is armed and you aren't, you are completely fucked.

If your state does not allow you to purchase a firearm you want, you could theoretically go across state borders to a local pawn shop or gun show.

Buy a gun.

The Army teaches us MAC, which is a mix of multiple styles, and it works pretty well.

I've just been in a few fights where it starts as one on one, then the moment they are losing, their bros jump in.

I only know Muay Thai. Unfortunately in one encounter, I had stopped one guy but the other 3 got me to the ground and I was powerless. Knowing some effective disabling techniques from Krav Maga would have saved me some injuries.

However, I see where you're coming from in terms of mindset.

>Marshal arts and all that bullshit takes years to properly learn and use on the streets

That's not true, someone who knows Proper CQB techniques can teach you shit you can use within a day.

This.

The Jews invented a martial art where you Jew them through fighting dirty and taking advantage of your enemy's weaknesses.
You can't make that shit up.

All other martial arts are inherently flawed because they have "muh honor systems" and bullshit like that. There's no time for honor when you're in a life or death situation.

>aikido
>jkd

No just no

Quads honestly confirm. I am a Krav instructor. What Krav is weak in, BJJ covers and what BJJ is weak in Krav covers. I think it is truly a God-tier combo when it comes to self defense.

Do it.

Fuck. Crazy how Sup Forums is the place that such matters can be discussed with civility and yet /fit/ and /asp/ are off limits. If you mention Krav there, you are WRONG no matter what.

Take jiu jitsu for three years or so until you're not an idiot on the ground, after that it has a real diminishing return. After that time take boxing because it's relatively quick to learn and every fight starts on the feet, if by chance you get taken down you'll feel okay there too

If you're doing JKD or Akido i would fucking beat your ass so easily

I took Tae Kwon Do and I felt like I got meme'd on. Worthless.

Again, philosophy > pure kick ass

BJJ and krav sounds like they're designed to raise sociopaths. If you've watched Bebop, you won't even care if JKD is a little weak.

Care to elaborate finnbro?

Kick boxing.

Krav Maga, Judo, Combat Sambo

Aikido will fuck up your knees

A gun and a knife trumps any hand to hand martial art by a lot.

Never knew that in order to be a real traditionalist man you have to be a faggot with gelled up chemical haircut.

Buy a quality gun.

/asp/ here

BJJ purple belt + 3 years of boxing

NRA

All these cunts saying krav maga and aikido are dumb cunts, either sign up at a boxing gym or muay thai gym

If you want to learn how to grappple either wrestling or BJJ. If you go do some shit meme self defense don't be surprised when you get your teeth knocked out by someone who actually knows how to throw a punch

surprised this wasn't the first reply.

martial arts are a bad joke at no moment in your life you will have to fight 1v1 with an unarmed opponent.

You did, some MMA fighter utilize a few of the kicks but other than that it's shit.

>at no moment in your life you will have to fight 1v1 with an unarmed opponent
this

Watch this video

youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4

He answers this question better than anyone here could

Boxing destroys your vision, nose and brain. Krav Maga is used by IDF and Mossad. Makes you think

:^)

any faggot ITT talking about grappling has never been in an actual street fight. take up boxing and don't waste your time with nuthugging martial arts wannabees at their $300 a month gyms.

AR15.com

The best defense is a scary looking rifle.

Avoid traditional martial arts. They teach you pre-defined movements for pre-defined attacks.

I'd advice you Kajukenbo or Kombatan because they teach you striking, grappling and using weapons like batons or knives (and fighting against them barehanded). They have some level of memorizing moves but it's mostly repetitive stuff until it gets imprinted in your muscle memory.

Also kickboxing/muay thai/boxing is good if you find the right gym for it (avoid gyms that disregard safety or those who urge you into sparring with a partner on the first month).

Krav Maga is a scam. You can pay a bunch of euros and get a black belt and a teaching license in 2 weeks.

Steven Crowder pls

My ex wife is quarter Jewish Russian Israeli, I got Krav Maga training via connections through her Mossad relative. Can't say it's a scum.

>aikido

Why are you trying to get OP killed?

>dirty fighting

We live in a dirty world m8

No doubt after spending the majority of your practice sucking off men in dresses.

The system itself is not a scam.

Its comercialization is. Like if you got connections then great. If you go to a gym and they teach Krav Maga 90% sure you're getting scammed and won't learn anything.

If you know Krav Maga from a reliable source go to a random gym that teaches it and you'll see by yourself. I mainly saw this kind of scams in Spain and France but many people in forums say it happens the same in the US and other places.

That's not an adult's foot, unless Quintin also had a proportional midget fetish.

I'm only after it as a basis, start with aikido because it's relatively peaceful and move on to JKD which was made for street fighting. My idea is aikido has enough philosophy to prevent turning people into sociopaths, because that's totally what society needs more of.

Seems the knee fuck actually has merit though, so I don't know.

I've already admitted BJJ and krav are probably stronger, although I smiled at the boxer saying he'll punch my teeth in. It's a boxer thing to be arrogant isn't it?

Always pack a big weapon

>relatively peaceful
>philosophy

Please tell me that you're merely pretending to be this cucked.

Close.

Backpage, it's the craigslist of guns, a lot of states have unrestricted private sales. Keep that shit on the DL.

Don't be a faggot op, American wrestling and boxing is the way to go. Also get a gun and go to the range. Anything else is autism.

>you will [never] have to fight 1v1 with an unarmed opponent.
I wouldn't pick a fight with someone missing arms. That would be bad PR. It would be plastered over the news.

start with basic boxing training for learning the rythm of the fight, that gives you an immediate edge over people who never trained
Do some Judo, wrestling, Jiujitsu, BJJ for groundfighting and making sure that you can survive once you are on the ground
Taekwondo, Kickboxing or muai Thai for legwork

You can combine all that with MMA training for the ring, and Krav MAGA for the street.

Do some HEMA for fun (also can be really useful if you know how to use improvised weapons in a efficient way)

Seek out some good self defense instructors for the right mindset
There are some good ones on youtube too.

And because you live in the US: get a fucking gun and a conceal carry permit

>peace is cuck
I fucking hate you, you're a nigger, atheist or Muslim, aren't you? People like you need deportation.

who is this erection entrapper

Wew lad

>I need to waste my time learning techniques that aren't even practical just so I can learn humility

Aussie chicks usually have 38-39 feet - awesome looking, yet not big, but a lot of girls in Europe and US have 36 size. My fav.

There is only one Krav Maga association and you should only go there.

is the best place to get started

no need to thank me

An odd board to be promoting fraudulent Jew martial arts. Might as well go with Shaolin-Do while you're at it.

>Chinese/Jap meme shit

the only Asian MA worth learning are Judo, JJ (really though just do Brazilian its better) and Muay Thai .

Everything other than this is a meme, except maybe a bit of Karate since its been done successfully before

>I am a Krav instructor

Hello Chaim

Notice how is forearm is twice the size of her calf? Nah dude, that's a youngish teenage girl, maybe 13 or 14. Deserves to go into the pedowood folders, Quinton should go down with Dan when the rope comes.

You're an atheist, got it. You realise your ways can last maybe 3 or 4 generations until we're back to thinking robbery and muggings are just social Darwinism?

What's the timeline of throwing fireballs in Muay Thai?

krav maga

Orthodox boxing is the most useful in a street fight

You really don't want the fight to go to the ground if it can be avoided cause that's a good way to get your skull smashed against the concrete

>I've just been in a few fights where it starts as one on one, then the moment they are losing, their bros jump in.

Niggers or Abbos?

I'll never understand these fucks.

>OH SHIT OUR BRO IS LOSING, BETTER MAKE IT AN UNFAIR FIGHT WITH 5v1

>LOL U GOT WRECKED WEAK FAGGOT

Fucking pussies.

Gunstore then kickboxing (or just boxing.)

Don't bother with the Asian shit if you are not Asian. Use what has worked for the entire history of man, hitting people really hard in the throat.

No, I have enough sense not to commit manslaughter over petty thievery bullshit. If you need to take classes to help you not be an asshole, then I sincerely feel for you.

>hitting people really hard in the throat

Good way to end up with a manslaughter charge

You really want to avoid killing your opponent

Your pagan ancestors felt differently.

Okay punching them firmly but nonlethally in the throat.

Self defence freaks can't take a joke.

There's nothing more manly than displaying your dominance over mother nature and keeping yourself well groomed, Ivan.

I think you need to get your money back from your McDojo. Your shitposting is rather aggressive, and nowhere near peaceful.

Study several and different schools and assemble a fighting style based on your personality and body type.

There's no 'magic bullet' martial art that will be perfect for every situation. Learn several with some degree of competency. A general fund of knowledge regarding your limits and the limits of the average person's biology will translate to a distinct advantage, and a variety of fighting styles will mean you're versatile and adaptable.

The biggest problem with traditional martial arts isn't the fighting style, it's the fighters. You see it all over this thread: People who took their training as gospel and did not adapt the styles to their bodies. Techniques as taught will always need to be adapted to fit your physique, and most people follow textbook forms and wonder why their balance is fucked or their kicks are slow or their punches lack power.

Learn the principle behind the technique; WHY it works, not just what it looks like. Understand the biology of it, and adapt it to you.

It's hard to discern joke from reality with the amount of fedoras in here

>not rocking the #2 buzzcut and being clean shaven at all times

Quentin is alright. We all like elegant feet down there.
>13 or 14
Some chick are elegantly skinny. Far right is my ex. 22 yo old grown ass woman

Look up Krav Maga. You won't be on the ground with that.

Learn from nipon masters the way of the samurai.

They have nu-males in Russia?

mmmmm block communist walther knockoff

She's hot

Buy a gun.

Read (get off torrent):
"Get tough" by Fairbairn
"Kill or get killed" by Rex Applegate

Carl Cestari videos on combatives are good if you can find them.

Jew Maga is just "kick guy in the balls then gouge out his eyes and finish by stomping on the throat"

You really need to join a dojo if you're serious about learning to fight

There's no way to teach yourself via books and YouTube videos you need hands on instruction and practice

yeah cool ignore the australian

>dojo
>serious

kek

Op try and find a military unarmed combat course and get into an advanced class if you can down the road. All the standard stuff you come across is generally made for competition fighting and not actual military combat. Krav Maga is pretty good and close but you have to find a combat course if you can. Basicly it's the mindset and methods that are taught that are the big difference. It'll train you to disable or kill with your hands and focuses on doing it as fast as posible. Rolling around ground fighting is good to know but in reality you'll get stomped by opponents friends if you are there too long. I trained in a big variety of styles for 17 years and then got into military unarmed combat. It was very interesting as I had pretty much all the techniques dialled at the start but the whole way of fighting was very different. Lots of knife and cqc gun work also which usually is never covered in standard courses

I wish I could take up orthodox boxing but my head is too big

A striking art is a must have in any fight

look up boxing videos on youtube and learn to throw some combos. take some bjj classes. start skipping rope and running for speed and endurance. don't be a pussy.

>aikido

please dont listen to this man op, you'll get your ass kicked trying to grab peoples arms and flip them

just learn muay thai and jui jitsu

OR LEARN TO SHOOT

they need to learn to put magazines in first...