You are an aspiring Pokemon trainer but are not recognized by the regional Professor...

You are an aspiring Pokemon trainer but are not recognized by the regional Professor, so you are unable to get a traditional starter. What first stage Pokemon would you choose as your starter? Second stages are okay if they have pre-evolutions.
Pic related since Crobat is Brobat.

How are you acquiring this starter? I feel like of the original 151, I'd go with Gastly, but it seems unlikely that I'd be able to just go out and get one?

Either as a gift from another trainer (relative) or befriending a wild one. My second pick is Oddish, Poison types are my fave.

Depends on the region, but probably Starly or Larvitar

Ralts so it can evolve into Gardevoir and you can fuck the shit out of it

axew all the way

Good point, didn't think of that aspect. If it were region-based (Zubat aside) it would probably be:
Kanto - Oddish
Johto - Misdreavus
Hoenn - Lotad
Sinnoh - Budew
Unova - Trubbish
Kalos - Pancham
Alola - Mareanie

Oddish because I like Bellossom

Pray to the gameshark gods to manifest a shiny lvl 98 Charmander with 2 rare candies

Female one of these

For Sure

Magikarp and name him Mr.Fish

Ha! So each time I go through a playthrough I catch the first Oddish I run into. It's gender determines what I evolve it into, Male for Vileplume and female for Bellossom. Been mulling over buying a dope as fuck Snap Back I saw at my local ThinkGeek store featuring Bell since its design is nice.

Nigger read the OP, Charmander is not allowed.

Or mareep because I like Ampharos.

Magikarp

I just hold it out in front of me whenever I go into long grass. I let it have a gander at whatever pokemon come out, then get away quickly.

Rinse and repeat until level 20, then shit gets real

Nigger, i do what i want

This is a hard question.

It's between a few for me.

Gastly, because it's typing is fun to use.

Eevee, because it has a lot of options and Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Caterpie, because it was my first Shiny and I still have it from DPPt.

And I think those are it. Besides the obvious ones such as Ralts, Mareep, and the others.

I just finished a Nuzlocke of SoulSilver and my final team had a level 86 Bellossom (f) that took down Red's Pikachu and Blastoise. I named her Mary Jane for the meme. She was also the first Pokemon I had get all five shiny leaves in a playthrough.

When you are basic as hell, sure.

regional:
Kanto - Vulpix
Johto - Mareep
Hoenn - Aron
Sinnoh - Gible
Unova - Axew
Kalos - Honedge
Alola - Salandit

Watch this boii go!

Nice! I have yet to do a Nuzlocke despite playing since Gen 1, wasn't until Gen 4 that I even began to rotate my teams and exclude my starter.

Sugarwall

Do you want a little fisher-price plastic shovel to get that sound outta your vagina? The joke clearly went over your head and you being salty about it just denotes other underlying personal issues

Venipede, hands down, not a second's hesitation

Thread

Google Giygas, you might be onto something

To get that sand*
Wtf di it come up as sound?

This 100% been my favorite pokemon sense red and blue

No. Fuck the professor and fuck you.

I don't get it. You buttmad about being a basic bitch that would pick the typical starters as your first adventure buddy?

This was my first time doing one on a vanilla game, I've done them on rom hacks before. Only lost 16 total out of like 100 or so. I lost more water and grass types than anything. Mostly one's that evolved by leaf stones too. The one I hated losing the most was probably my Exeggcutor to Blue mainly because I had a hard time getting leaf stones in this run. (I had to throw a Lapras and the Red Gyrados under the bus to keep Exacute from dying to the E4.) I am thinking about getting B2 or W2 and doing a blind Nuzlocke of them since I skipped 5th gen.

I'd pick a fuckable pokemon....

like Misty

Yes, faggot. I started playing in gen one and I always go back to Charmander because that was my first choice in my first run. My pokemon don't have abandonment issues.

I've done runs like this before, where I chose a Pokemon from the first few available routes to become my replacement starter. Here are my choices for each gen:

Gen 1: Pidgey
Gen 2: Either Hoothoot or Sentret
Gen 3: Zigzagoon
Gen 4: Shinx
Gen 5: Purrloin
Gen 6: Fletchling
Gen 7: Hawlucha

But if I were to choose just one Pokemon out of the entire Dex, it would be Eevee, to be evolved into Umbreon.

Your last line was either odd projecting or a very awkward reference to Ash's Charmander in the anime, not sure which.

no u

Trips dedicated to the Charitard. This one's for you.

I would say Abra but he's useless on his own so either ghastly or larvitar

I think i would try to tame wild Growlith (i already have dog for 9 years now so i have some experiece with dogs) just to rush evolve him into Arcanine to ride on his back

If trips my first Pokémon is the stupid dog looking one god creator faggot

Check em

Yep that's the way things work m8, I have a stray cat and I tamed it so obviously I can control a lion

Dratini is the obvious answer.

Chinchou

Wow. I only recognise one of them. I was really into it as a kid.. back then there were 151.

>really into it as a kid
>not familiar with second gen

Well shit if that little niger wont listen to his master i will just throw his pokeball with him inside into river. Will show him whos boss now

one with a vagina.
professor? who?! never heard of anyone like that

Beldum, torchic, maybe slakoth, machop

People shit on Zubat for being common but Poison/Flying is an amazing defensive typing and he makes a solid carry in a nuzlocke.

My pick would have to be this little nigga as a starter. The family is easily my favourite electric type and hasn't let me down any time I use it.

I’m a weird kid and do occultist stuff as is, I’d probably do more in a Pokémon world,
I’d probably go with a golett or something

Or maybe a Weedle. So cute.
Probably feed it apples. When it evolves carry it in a back pack with its Kakuna head poking out.

What demonic Berserk shit is this?

I did a blind nuzlocke of sixth gen. Completely shut myself from all news like seven months before it came out.
Only knowing the starters and some of what might appear in the first bit of grass was a fun adventure. I didn't even know what my starter would evolve into.

Can I pick Growlithe? firestone it right away and boom arcanine

Grats on the Arcanine with no moves