What musician died the youngest but still made a big impact?

What musician died the youngest but still made a big impact?
Biggie was 24

The guy from Gin Blossoms

Paul McCartney was 24 too

SHHIIEEEEEEETT

>Biggie was 24
Jesus Christ I need to rethink my life

>32

Ritchie Valens was 17

Darby Crash was 22

Sid died before he was 23.

Yoñlu, 16

Tay K when he gets the death penalty at 19

Are you shitting me? Kurt Cobain by far, this shouldn't even be a thread.

>27
retard

>le kurtte XDD
go back to wherever you came from
also he was 27

Ian Curtis was 23

Best thing Kurt ever did was pave the way for Foo Fighters desu

He still made the biggest impact with Nevermind alone than any of these musicians mentioned in this thread combined, both in terms of counterculture and rock music as an art form.

lol
if you think "grunge" was anything other than a commercial play you don't know much about music
really, they were superstars, how's that "counterculture"

>still can't read a simple OP properly
retard

Buddy Holly was 22 when he died
check mate my dudes

Clifford Brown, 25

Mozart was 35 when he died. He was making music since he was a child, and produced a huge number of significant works before 20.

jesus i never realized he was that young

>Poetic lyrics of alienation, depression and nihilism and putting on a self-depricating, ironic facade to combat these terrible emotions were so unoriginal and trite by the time Nirvana came into the scene.
>Alternative Rock bands never took any inspiration from Nevermind and In Utero, and disregard them as irrelevant, prurient punk rock clichés.
>Teenagers and adults totally haven't changed their lifestyle to match Cobain's melancholic, yet apathetic mood and flannel were outdated memes, doomed to crucification by hipsters, Emos, and lumberjacks worldwide
>Their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction was as staged as 9/11, the Earth being a spherical shape, and my mom's birth of me.

Give me a break. Kurt Cobain, please throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb out of this madness.

holy fuck dude
grow up

Probably this, though in terms of influential to age, Buddy Holly probably pips him. He was 22.

>Any of the other musicians made as big an impact as Nirvana.
The OP meant a big impact, and Cobain easily eclipses the others objectively. So go remove your iron cranium and elongate nifty barnacles from your liver.

Ian died at 23 didn't he?

>Kurt Cobain, please throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb out of this madness
golden_kek.png

>as big an impact as
>still can't read a simple OP properly
retard
>The OP meant..
I AM OP retard

Capital Steez was 19 when he died. Didn't have that huge of an impact, but I really would have liked to have seen him rise to popularity like Vince or Joey.

>Other people can see who the OP is besides you
>Not understand that none of these "artists" made any significant contribution to the realm of music, other than serving as an obscure piece of trivia to music connoisseurs like me (besides maybe Biggie, but Tupac was much better)

Just stop. You don't want to know what happens next.

The members of The Bar-Kays that died in the plane crash that killed Otis Redding were all 18 and 19

Franz Schubert
also these
oh, and Jimi Hendrix too

>Other people can see who the OP is besides you
No, but maybe that's exactly why you shouldn't expose yourself as a fag who thinks he knows OP's post better than himself.

Also you STILL can't even read a basic sentence retard.
24 (biggie) and 22 (buddy) both < 27. There's no argument.

Except Sid was a piss-poor musician

There were two components to the question:
1): Who died the youngest
2): Who made a big impact in music

The logic behind my contrariant attitude was that in order to be fully considered as as this criteria, they must fulfill both of these requirements accurately and intelligently. While Holly and Biggie may have died the youngest, their relative impact is hugely diminished by better, original and vastly superior contemporaries. However, Cobain fits both infallibly, as his impact on the course of both rock music and modern culture has still remained a force to be reckoned with. No artist, rockstar and musicians has surpasses his tremendous success in such a short time of 27 years, nor will he ever be surpassed. Ergo, Cobain is the ONLY musician in this thread who perfectly exhibits both components of the question originally asked (died at a young age at 27 AND made a ink river on the fabric of music). If I have to explain myself again, you will suffer.

Schubert and Mozart

>There were two components to the question
That doesn't mean you answer them separately as two questions retard

>Didn't understand that I stated a musician had to exhibit BOTH those traits, thinking I included them separately
>Failing to provide a counter-argument that elevates the aforementioned artists to a level similar to Kurt Cobain's zenith to destroy my argument

You have one chance left.

That story makes me incredibly sad every time I read it

I didn't read any of your other shit since you're wrong straight outta the gate.
>a musician had to exhibit BOTH those traits
already told you. see >a level similar to Kurt Cobain
Now you're separating the question again retard

>nigger mumble
>"big impact"

all financed by jewish culture rapists

He objectively had a big impact. You can for example measure this in the number of artists who cite him as inspiration.
Facts don't stop being facts because SJWs like you get triggered by them

he had a big impact in turning a large section of musical culture into brainless nigger bix nooding about "muh chainz muh bitchiz"

go listen to xxxtentacion with your wife's son balding numale cuck

Facts don't stop being facts because SJWs like you get triggered by them

The question was "who had died the youngest but had a big impact on music" not "who had the biggest impact on music but died young." You understand that those are different question, don't you?

good argument

Facts are not arguments, go back to shcool nigger

>go back to shcool nigger

why cant the left meme?

Yes. And Kurt Cobain still epitomizes both.

Do people fail to realize that in the grand scheme of things, only a select few has managed to transcend the course of music and/or create something remotely of significant merit? I'll let you answer that before I unleash my wrath on this thread.

Mr Mojo Risin

t. 38yo groupie

My personality has no pertinence to my argument. Generalizations only breed Utopias of infidelities to life.

This thread is NOT OVER!

Hendrix was 27 also, he had more talent in his left nipple than Cobain.

Close but no cigar. He might have been technically more sophisticated, but he couldn't make a Nevermind.

Yes, I realize that album is an overrated cliche due to its huge prominence, but nonetheless, Nevermind objectively reinvigorated rock music forever.

nice b8

honestly, you're not doing a very good job of memeing either. Memes can't be used properly by ideologues, they ought to be apolitical or else they just feel empty and tasteless.

Listen, Nirvana is the reason I started playing guitar. I get it. Of course Jimi couldn't make a Nevermond, just like Kurt could never make Electric Lady Land. It's pointless to argue about that. But Jimi influenced at least as many people as Kurt, and was overall a bigger talent. Kurt reinvigorated a genre by writing about fetuses over insanely catchy melodies and riffs. But Jimi literally expanded the language of the electric guitar by leaps and bounds, and I'm sure Kurt himself would tell you that Jimi influenced him. I don't think you'd see those noise non-solos in Nirvana's repertoire if it wasn't for Jimi breaking those barriers in the first place.

Also In Utero honestly is easily their worst album, who knows if they would have slid into obscurity after that? Jimi was on to bigger and better things, he was going to make an album with Miles Davis for chrissake. Jimi takes the cake on this one, buckaroo.

I'm going to reply to this in a bit, when I get home.

Well, Hendrix's innovative techniques might have heavily influenced Cobain and subsequent other rock musicians. But what made Cobain's contribution to music so impactful was that he blurred the lines between mainstream and independent music. Hendrix caught on to the psychedelic craze of the 60s popularized by artists such as the Beatles and Beach Boys, whose hedonistic lifestyles influenced their drug-dream lyrics and atmosphere. Meanwhile, prior to the 90s, indie and alternative rock bands struggled to resonate with the Glam Metal bands of the 80s (who were also inspired by psychedelic rock). Until Nevermind hit, arguably the only indie bands with a semblance of mainstream relevance were the Pixies and R.E.M., but even so, the plethora of indie bands blanketed by the mainstream didn't make up for it. After Nevermind hit, it destroyed. Soon, all of these bands hidden like a heart suddenly were resurrected, cultivating the fields of music with their own unique sounds. Nirvana spawned a Renaissance of independent music near single-handedly, forever changing the course of rock music.

I don't think anyone can beat this. That's honestly incredible.

Incredible? He was a one-hit wonder who died in a fucking plane crash. Kurt Cobain is miles more impactful than "t. La Bambi" over here. Do you even know what impact means?

OP said impact, not musical talent

Bump again, because this is a good thread.

90% XXX fans have no idea who Biggie is, what in the world are you talking about

Ready to Die was better than Nevermind.

Quit being a triggered faggot and recognize Biggie for his brilliance.

I’m now sad there isn’t a Hendrix/Davis album.

LOLZ LOLZZ LOLZZZ

>Clifford Brown
holy shit

But Buddy Holly died younger and had a bigger impact

Elaborate. How did he make a big impact at all besides his death, let alone bigger impact on music? Do it right, and maybe my curse will abstain a bit longer...

He influenced almost every significant 60's rock artist, who in turn ended up influencing Kurt Cobain.

But Kurt had a highly original mindset and imagination, corrupted to dolorous imagery and unmitigated horror. No artist could ever capture the pitiful scenarios he fantasized about, and transform it into a beautifully melodic, yet angry record, that laid the template for music eternally.

But Kurt wouldn't have gone anywhere without his influencers. And Heroin by TVU (as much of a "meme song" as it's become) pretty much does what you describe minus the anger. And Lou Reed definitely had some Buddy influence.

Best itt

holy shit

Me

You sure? What if Kurt were born in the exact same era as Holly? What do you think would become of him?

Buddy Holly is literally the only correct answer.

>No artist could ever capture the pitiful scenarios he fantasized about, and transform it into a beautifully melodic, yet angry record
swans did that before kurt did

I refuse to believe this.

Touche, but they were the Velvet Underground to Nirvana's Beatles.

John Lennon at 40 is young enouigh that he beats anyone even if they died at 2 with its influence

Xxxtent fan here. Heard of him but cant name any songs

>Give me a break. Kurt Cobain, please throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb out of this madness.

Reads like a youtube comment

Don't ever say that to me again. You have one strike.

Biggie died 20 years ago dude. There are legal adults right now who grew up without him being alive. The youngest millennials are the last generation to have really fucked with him in a mainstream way, and they're all in their mid-twenties now.

So we're all in consensus that Kurt Cobain is still the greatest artist of all time, and that he died the youngest but made the biggest impact on music history?

Good. Thread closed.

Came to post this

Between Robert Johnson and Mozart, there's no competition

One last bump before it's over.