Should Czech Republic adopt the euro?

Bohuslav Sobotka, current Czech PM, said that his country should initiate public debate on entering the Eurozone, since this will be a decisive factor for further European integration. Jiří Drahoš, possibly the next president seems to agree.

However, this would be problematic because Czech general public is deeply attached to the Czech crown, their national currency. They see it as an expression of sovereignty and stability. Czech Republic didn't experience massive currency depreciation like we did in the 1990s.

I think it would be good for a country that's so dependent on trade with the Eurozone.

No

No

If they meet the requirements than sure.

No

When it comes to proportion of trade with the Eurozone countries, Czech Republic is only behind Luxembourg and Slovakia.

how has slovakia been doing? it's in the euro no?
this
also a good gov
they should try to avoid greecing themselves

It's been 9 years since we joined the Eurozone and we're doing alright.

adopt the peso pls

kek
this kinda reminds of memenchon saying that france should join the bolivar

Czech finances are in good order. Public opinion is averse to adoption of common currency though.

As you might be aware, EU is about to adopt the multi-speed policy.
So if Czechs want to belong to the first speed, they definitly should adopt the Euro

That's precisely why their PM brought it up. Czech Republic is definitely strong enough to be in the first tier of integration.

nope, fuck the euro

Czech diplomacy helped to fast-track our application to Nato and EU after Mečiar's disastrous government attempted to geopolitically take us somewhere to Central Asia.

I don't want to see our countries drift apart again.

what does that have to do with adopting euro? you fucked up by adopting it, doesn't mean we have to make the same mistake

I wonder how countrie like Finland, Slovakia, Greece, Cyprus and Poland have adopted the Euro and the Czech Republic has not. Czech Republic has more ties with Germany than all of them.

poland does not have the euro

please don't. Czech koruna is so cheap, where will poor europeans (like me) go for cheap holydays?

Oh, yes. You're right

A country with Euro as it's coin but with very low cost of living.

wink wink