This album is over a year old what does Sup Forums think

This album is over a year old what does Sup Forums think

10/10 would have been aoty if it wasn’t for atrocity exhibition

got worse each listen.
couple of songs should have been scrapped

It's neat that Alex G plays the opening guitar on "Self Control".

feels like blonde has been with me my whole life already

I don't think about (c)rap just like everyone who is geniuenly interested in music

I dont get why this isn't considered mucore desu

incredible but I actually find myself going back to Endless more

this

serious AOTD contender

solid fucking album.. keeps you entertained all the way through and makes your body tingle

But it's not a rap album

I liked it a lot when it first came out and I still like it now, but not as much I did. It's a solid 8/10 project I'd say, but there's a lot of filler, I think if every track under 2 minutes long was cut it would be a 10/10 aoty

Nikes makes me want to puke. I don't know if it's 2deep4me or what, but it's just terrible. Turned me off from the rest of the album, and the rest of Frank Ocean's discography.

So you only listen to 10/10 albums? Smh. Not every song on a solid album has to be perfect.

lmaoo nikes is amazing and youre missing out on a lot of good frank music because your shit taste

this better be bait

Nikes turned me off too. The second half of the song is really nice though, and almost justifies the first

best album that describes how shitty this generation is.
frank knows them well

8/10

/thread

un/thread

No, the song is really that horrible. I'm convinced the song is intentionally bad, and you all like it ironically so you can seem superior to others. So many terrible production decisions- the pitched up vocals are grating, the T-Pain-tier autotune wasn't necessary given Frank is a talented enough singer on his own, the 808 hi-hats are tacky and don't fit the song, the lyrics are infantile, the list goes on and on. What's there to like? It's repulsive.

really? a boring 4 chord progression on a clean strat is "neat"?

If the only way we could enjoy something you hate is if everyone else is trying to seem superior, you should probably listen to more music

pic related says i've prob listen to more music than you

PATRICIAN FUCKING SPOTTED THANK GOD SOMEONE AGREES. FUCK BLOND FUCK FRANK THERE IS NOTHING ARTFUL ABOUT SOME OF THIS HORSESHIT IT IS ACTUALLY PSEUD: THE ALBUM

you're what's wrong with Sup Forums

that literally proves nothing

No, you are everything that is wrong with Sup Forums you are either underage or a redditor if you unironically believe blonde is a masterpiece

I never said it was a masterpiece. I said you're fucking retarded if you refuse to listen to an artists discography because of one song you don't like. kys.

okay then show your stats :)

It has stayed great for me. Not just AOTY for me last year, but easily one of the best albums of the 2010's.

Yea feels like it's been out way longer than a year.

I only would say this for Be Yourself and Facebook Story. Both are kind of cool at first but on repeat listens they are kind of annoying at times, pretty much like most skits on albums. Close to You is about under 2 minutes and it's a great song.

I guess I worded it wrong- I assumed the song itself hid under the veil of irony, intentionally trying to sound bad to make some grand artistic statement. Therefore, the people it attracts enjoy it for the same reasons. It's like how PC Music attracts pretentious elitists as well- they ignore the fact that the music itself is terrible and listen for the "deeper meaning".

Pretty Sweet is also kinda out of place, if you ask me, and Im personally not a big fan of Solo (Reprise)

less than mine :)

if you're going to use that dumb measure then i have 200k scrobbles and still think you're retarded

I like Pretty Sweet. It's unexpected, but I think it fits. Solo(reprise) is one I will give you. It's alright. Doesn't kill the rhythm for me, but it doesn't do much for me.

i have the same thing the more i listen the more i like endless end the less i like blonde

whats your top artist?

>moving the goalposts

Decent album, took a decent amount of listens to get a feel for it, but no replay value imo. Will come back for songs like Self-Control or White Ferrari.

was never the original guy :)

its still incredible. It also got better over time imo.

>Pretty Sweet is also kinda out of place
this. The worst song of the album for me personally. Its not a bad song objectively i just dont like it at all.

I felt the opposite way about the album.

it good

I like this music, It's good.

You're dumb

It's not noteworthy whatsoever, nor is it a particular improvement on the equally mundane 'Channel Orange'.

The 'I smoke weed and live in Los Angeles' schtick has been done to absolute death. It's just banal misery at this point, stretched out over dreamy synths and spaced out melodies. Kid Cudi did this about 8 years beforehand just as badly.

They lyrics are absolutely appalling, as correctly said, take a song like Nikes for example, the chipmunk autotune combined with lyrics that sound like they came off a Twitter bio are just awful, it's horribly insincere.

I don't think Frank Ocean is a moron, but he could at least try to cultivate his voice and ear for melody appropriately.

top 5 of the decade at least, easily

Overrated garbage

It's just neat trivia. That's all.

gay

SAYS THE THE ONLY ONE ACTING LIKE A NIGGER LMAAO

Honestly the only song that i keep liking is Seigfried bc i loved the book and somehow that song catches a glimpse of Siegfried sublimity when the wagnerian shit pops up in the Middle of the song

t. straight person™