For a remake this is pretty damn good...

For a remake this is pretty damn good. People bitched that it wasn't goofy enough and there was no real Ash bit since we got Ash vs Evil Dead this was a nice entry in hindsight. It's the only evil dead followup that tries to be like the original, an actual horror movie.
It still has a lot of over the top elements of the old movies and some really good practical efdects but just with originals tone

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gizo8gXsgOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>muh waifu is in it so it's good

Haven't seen it, but I will say this. Without being a butthurt men's rights activist or anything, every single horror movie going back decades had a female protagonist, it's part of the formula. What's nice about the orignial Evil Dead is that it had a relatable bro in that role. And then they had to go ruin it in the remake, because it's the current year.

So yeah, you haven't seen it.
A woman survives in the end, sure, but the primary protagonist is a man. In fact, it's two guys that do most of the heavy lifting.

I think it really an attempt to not try to out do ash. Mina, I think her name is Cheryl in the original, is basically a deadite until the last 10 min

Didn't watch this
Didn't watch the new star wars
Didn't watch the new ghostbusters
Won't watch the other new star wars

Women in lead role = I will not pay for a fucking ticket

Also not voting for Hillary btw

you should watch it man

Really? I saw the poster with what I thought was a female ash, chainsaw hand and all

i thought it was an effective horror movie

pretty good scares and didn't try to outdo the original

>For a remake this is pretty damn good

it sucked and it missed the point.

willful ignorance is not admirable

But that isn't the case though as this guy >75630479 points out

Yeah, they marketed it really cleverly. Mia actually gets possessed first and dies pretty quick.

exactly

what point did it miss?

It's redundant and lacks the indie charm but other than that it's a solid evil dead movie

There's plenty of better things to do with my time than watch remakes with women.

Well dammit, I'm sold

The plot is almost the same though. David plays the same role as Ash. There's just a bait and switch ending which is pretty effective where the girl chainsaws one deadite

this desu

practical effects were overshadowed by clumsy direction and, by contrast, the god awful cgi. also:

>deadites not having white eyes

you can safely trash it

Pretty damn good? It was one of the GOAT remakes of all time.

There was some scenic CGI but overall it wasn't horrible. Not much worse than a cropped matte painting moon

>deadites not having white eyes
Well WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT

if you want to see an actual goat horror remakes, try the thing, the fly and invasion of the body snatchers, this pales in comparison to them t b h

Army of Darkness had deadites with pupiles. Which was where the term is even coined I'm pretty sure

>Bury the deadite 0,5meter deep
>curse is lifted

so that's all?

I've seen em all, and the only one I MIGHT put above this is Invasion.

While I agree with you. I'd say this is better than most other remakes of recent times. Sure it's pretty well compared to Carpenter's The Thing but compared to the 2000s The Thing it's much better

This user is lying, the chick is the main protag. She survives to the end and defeats the bad guy. Even loses her hand like Ash.

It's better than the original.

well then you musnt like much 70s-80s horror, because most people would tend to agree, the other guy is right though saying its one of the better modern remakes however
yeah was talking about the carpenter one, not the new one

groovy

No it's not.

In what way is it not a better film? The Evil Dead movies are just shitty, typical Raimi level of shit.

Remake : 6/10
Original: 4/10

>typical Raimi level of shit
Wat, The Evil Dead was pretty much his first proper movie. The remake however was what happens if you took the original, and just made it as generic as every other shitty modern horror movie.

Doesn't matter when it was made, it is as shitty as anything else Raimi has created. The level of shittyness is what is typical, as he is incapable of creating anything that can be described as good.

I agree that the remake is generic, it actually could have changed just a few small detail and it would work as standalone film.

Spiderman 2, Don't Breathe?
Why are you saying this shit?

jane levy being penetrated made me horny!

Its been a long time since I watched the original Evil Dead. But from what I remember it was the campy and over the top effects that made the film special.

Also the demons are fucking with them and you see Ash decent into madness.
The remake missed that point of going into madness and had campy gore, and hints that the demons are fucking with them, only hints and one kinda has to play close attention when it comes to those hints.Its a good remake, I expected pure shit when I saw it.

It's a good horror flick but it lacks the absurd humor Raimi put in the first three

That episode with a boxcutter was pretty fucking unnerving.

Also this fucking thumbnail.
youtube.com/watch?v=gizo8gXsgOc

Blank white eyes > shitty colored contacts.

>implying "my waifu is getting tentacle raped by trees" doesn't make a movie good by itself

Well which is scarier Sup Forums? Let us compare. First up the remake.

Now the original. Personally I like the original far better. It's way scarier.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>last name is fucking levy
>still needs a website to figure out she's jewish

Why would you even remake evil dead when evil dead 2 is already a fucking remake that improved the original.

Bro so many celebrities are half jews like this. Usually it seems to be the mom that is jew from what I noticed although this isn't a surprise either.

Original looks spookier. Remake looks overproduced and like it's trying too hard.

I wouldn't call Evil Dead 2 a remake. I mean it is a proper sequel, just one that also summarized the events of 1 at the start of the movie with new footage.
But yeah it's weird though, I've never seen a movie do that and I'm not sure what the purpose was.

dawww she's perfect

also Co(a)lburn

VILE CALUMNIES

Remake was trying too hard to make the deadites look like the girl from The Exorcist

Before Ash vs Evil Dead I never considered the original Evil Dead canon