Uhhh

uhhh

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/a-guide-to-meme-rappers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'm glad these kinds of rappers are being classified as "meme rappers" honestly; all these guys do is harm the hip-hop culture.

pitchfork.com/thepitch/a-guide-to-meme-rappers/

link for the lazy

>"...there is an entire new class of rappers who are pushing careers solely on the strength of their virality. For these artists, memes made them, and the music is an afterthought."
At least they're honest.

Don't even bother linking this garbage. Last thing they need is more views.

At least these people actually have zero substance or effort, Sup Forums used to call Chance, Kanye and Kendrick meme rap on the basis that they're popular

but they can't rap and mumble in mic

Delete this trash, the booty tape is a classic

Fuck Ugly God and Water are the only good songs on it.

it has to do with the fact their memes not the atual style or substance to the music.... meme has to do with a cultural understanding and interpretation not a thing in and of itself. is a macro image that is never disseminated in any way a meme? no its a cultural context and collective understanding of something that makes it a meme not the thing in and of itself.

Being a meme has nothing to do with talent, my dude

>on the basis that they're popular
(not true, by the way)

Even if you dislike all three of them, it's pretty much inarguable that they're better and more sincere than Dr. Phil girl.

Not totally sure what you're trying to say but the people in OP's image are meme acts in the most literal sense possible, there should be some distinction between that and other acts that get labeled as "memerap" for reasons other than the music.

Literally anything that gets talked about a lot on this board ends up referred to as a meme, regardless of what it is. Coil is a meme, Ryo Fukui is a meme, somehow The Beach Boys are a meme. It's a direct result of popularity.

meme rap was a fairly well defined term in its heyday and most people understood what was being said expect butthurt memerap fans
it was never just popular rap

im surprised it took a publication this long to put it out there

only one of these people are actually meme rappers

What would you argue constitutes memerap? I would say guys like Yung Lean, Lil B, etc, but I've always seen a pretty large amount of people on Sup Forums labeling random shit as memerap because they don't like that other people like it.

there was a pic that explains it, probably a post too but i cant think of the keywords to locate it
this was like four years ago

what did they mean by this?

You forgot to mention Bitch!.

I feel like if you're comfortable labeling people as meme rap, you probably shouldn't need an image macro from four years ago to explain what that means. Also the way that the term is used has shifted dramatically since then, it used to be a way for Sup Forumstants to shit on things they don't like but now it's much more commonly used and I tend to see it referring to a very specific marketing style.

but a meme that became a rapper is the same as meme rap?

stages of p4k:

1. cool, hip, attitude p4k, has originality, mostly covers white oriented indie guitar music

2. p4k sells out, sells website to giant corporation, starts pretending top 40 pop and rap are good, becomes full sjw garbage

3. starts to cover things that arent music, slow at first, but i bet in a few years they will have whole sections about shit that isnt even music

4. ????????

5. dead