/urban/ - High Demand Edition

>live in Toronto
>rents are sky-high
>Premier won't do anything useful because elections are coming up
>introduces rent control (doesn't work in the long run)

all because suburbaniggers, NIMBYs, and realtors want to keep their single family properties and want the price to go up by keeping them zoned that way

fuck all of them

also /urban/

bump

Mexico City

Canada has vast amounts of land. Just live somewhere cheap like Brandon, MB instead of trying to crowd into the GTA.

>what is a city
There is a reason why people crowd together, it increases productivity

I guess Waterloo is a good candidate for a new city

>Brandon, MB
You've never been to Manitoba, have you?

How exactly do you lower costs? Just build more on the outskirts?

Stop building single family houses, rezone existing single family house areas and build more high rises

A simple way to increase demand that is working in NYC, LA, and London

>wanting to live in a commieblock

>"It's everyone else' fault but mine that I want to live in a major Western city and not get wallet-raped by high living costs"

>not wanting to live in a 1000 sq ft commieblock with your comrades and near things like a gym and shopping center

You sure proved me wrong there bud

I see Aussie shitposting is strong as ever

I want to live in a city in a small cozy apartment with a cute girlfriend. I basically only need my bedroom and the bathroom anyway, so it doesn't need to be big.

Where do you live now?

I wouldn't consider that a commieblock. That looks really nice

Suburbs of Utah. You need a car to get literally anywhere.

And I'm surrounded by either old retired people waiting to die, or young couples with 5 kids each

Just build your own "land", friend.

Surely you mean "increase supply"?

But you guys have build so many skyscrapers over the past years, meanwhile Copenhagen stays expensive because they're not allowed to build higher in the centre where everyone wants to live

Moscow

Yeah, increased supply is what I meant

How come? Is it a D.C. situation, where they don't want people living in the city?

No, our centre is full of historic buildings and spires that shouldn't be blocked by tall buildings

that's an aesthetic thing, not an anti-density one
t. dc resident

>t. D.C. Resident
My condolences.

Is DC that bad? Somehow people living in NOVA and DC don't like that area

gommunism

>Is area that bad? Somehow people living in Surrounding area and Area itself don't like that area

That question sounds like an answer, pally.