Europoor History Lesson

Have you Europoors ever wondered why American and Canadian homes have a large patio/porch out front with steps leading up to an elevated doorway? Well it's because since a lot of our homes are made of wood, they need to be build on a foundation to prevent from rotting and damage by the damp soil or insects. If we want to have a basement in our home, it needs to be elevated slightly above the surface to protect the wooden part of the house. But even without a basement we still need a foundation which also elevates the house. This requires us to built stairs up to the doorway and has served as a place to hangout or just to remove your shoes before entering, thus it has developed a roof over time to become the modern patio.

#nowyouknow

>be American
>live in area with Earthquakes/ Hurricanes
>build home out of cheap wood
>wonder why your house collapsed

>american engineering

Did someone cough?

>implying all American homes are wooden
>has never seen Californian or Arizonan homes

>Have you Europoors ever wondered why American and Canadian
no

>be yurodumb
>move to American plains
>decide to build castle out of stone because stupid
>F5 tornado comes through
>destroys castle
>go bankrupt
>sell foreskin for meager money
genius plan

wat

>just to remove your shoes before entering
Stopped reading right there
Americans don't take off their freedom shoes before entering a house, you chinky liar.

god h8 Americans

We do if they're covered in mud from a long rainy day at work or something. If there is no area in the entrance to place your clothes then we take them off outside. Especially in the snow. Don't want it to melt inside

Based on the colour of the sidewalk and cement, those homes look like they were just recently built too. Fucking newfag carpenters.

here's a history lesson for united statians:

we've been building wooden houses since before your country even existed, it was european carpenters who brought those skills to america

you don't have to explain to us how wooden houses work

Yeah except they had to be repaired quite frequently due to rotting and termites and weathering. Plus early wattle and daub homes had a problem with attracting mice.

Those homes look cozy. I wish I could have a white picket fence with pretty flower beds in front of my house.

>mfw amerifats can literally punch a whole on their house's wall
what the fuck

it's wonderful that you've learned some new things about wooden houses, but these are challenges that affect wooden buildings all over the world..

Don't have to punch it to ruin it. I've hung so many photos on my wall that there are holes everywhere. Gonna need to cover them up soon but it's fucking annoying and the paint is peeling around the holes.

just a new mustang owner showed in the neighbourhood

Why do so many Americans have cockroaches in their houses? I've never seen one

b-but freedoms!

Traditional wooden houses here last for hundred of years. Hell, there are even some we built in the new world still standing.

It's mostly climate I think
we don't have cockroaches where I'm from

Here's another lesson:
- Wooden houses are safer in earthquakes because unlike brick buildings they can flex to a certain degree.
- Furthermore wooden houses are cheaper to rebuild after a storm, and a really big storm doesn't care whether your house is made of wood or bricks.
- Also wood is a plentiful building material in North America, unlike Europe where the forests are either protected or removed to make room for agriculture.

Americans do a lot of retarded things, including building their houses too large and too cheaply, but building them out of wood in the first place is not one of them. There's nothing inherently wrong with wooden houses, only with cheap crappy oversized garden sheds.

>Canadian makes terrible thread
>Americans are blamed

damn

all part of the canadian plan to ruin america

I see it more as a fault of the Europeans for not wanting to criticize their golden boy in any way.

don't think we have one single golden boy, aus is/was close