Why did this feel very mediocre?

Why did this feel very mediocre?

Don't get me wrong: I loved everything that Snyder did with Batman (I actually liked the idea of showing him to be violent in older age) yet the final product didn't feel that great.

I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad way more than BvS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc
youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What it did best was its soundtrack. Unless you're a complete and utter fanboy, That's what I think is a shame with the MCU, there isn't a single instantly recognizable theme song. Whereas people I know that don't like comics and just go see superhero movies for the action or actors or whatever, can instantly recognize Wonder Woman's and Batman's themes.

Also, ultimate cut is way better than SS theatrical.

the kino was just too deep and complciated for you

It sometimes takes multiple viewings to appreciate Snyders genius

>That's what I think is a shame with the MCU, there isn't a single instantly recognizable theme song.
Except for the Avengers' theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc
But other than that, you're right. There's some good tracks, like the Cap theme, Star Spangled Man, Bucky/TWS's track, but that's pretty much it.

I guess that's just your opinion, OP. I like BvS a lot but found SS to be mediocre. Did you watch the Ultimate Edition or Theatrical version of BvS?

Wondering what the deal is with Ben Fischbein?

youtube.com/watch?v=7vfqkvwW2fs

Good video

>Also, ultimate cut is way better than SS theatrical.
nope.

Wait til you watch SS Extended

that's cool, thanks user

>15 mins of extra character shit that won't impact the plot or fix shitty writing
vs.
>30 mins of important scenes with restructuring of scenes to make the entire movie feel more coherent

when is it out?

Direction. Snyder want's a bunch of shots to be marveled at and to be every film students desktop wallpaper without establishing shit. I seen the few movie a few times and I still can't remember the order of the scenes that came in order because there was nothing established.

Snyder is not the right person for Superman. He doesn't really understand the character. He think's he's supposed to be Jesus when he's really supposed to be just a greater, perfect being who's only flaw is his obligation to save the humans, who he see's as lesser beings to him. There are a few comics where Superman sacrifices himself but that's all Snyder is doing here. This failure of the characters direction was established in MoS and now carries on into BvS.

The world isn't established or realistic either. Batman was great but what stage is this Batman? Post-Joker and Robin's Death? Then how does Metropolis, across the lake from Gotham still view him as a new "thing" as the fucking editor of the biggest newspaper describe it? Why is there a statue of Superman if the view of him decisive as best?

Wonder Woman might as well of not been there.

Lex Luthor was fucking insufferable. If you watch The Social Network, you can buy Eisenberg as a cold business-man, which is probably why they chose him. However, for some reason, the wrote Lex like some quarky .com eccentric. That makes sense because of the times, but holy fuck is he annoying. There was laughs after that whole "ding, ding, ding" shit at the end and that was supposed to be one of the most dramatic moments of his character.

>Snyder is not the right person for Superman. He doesn't really understand the character. He think's he's supposed to be Jesus when he's really supposed to be just a greater, perfect being who's only flaw is his obligation to save the humans
This is the entire point of BvS. Clark IS trying to be that perfect hopeful saviour, but the public, media, society is fearful of him and judging him. He WANTS to be Superman, he WANTS to save them. He tries his best, but he doesn't understand why he's being rejected. His father's fears have become real; the world is rejecting him and people are afraid of what they don't understand. Yes, Snyder's vision for Superman may not be ideal - it's a perfect Superman stuck in a WORLD that has not yet accepted him. But we see the development from MoS to BvS and it'll reach an end maybe in JL or the MoS sequel since the ending of BvS leaves the idea that society has now accepted Superman and sees him as a saviour rather than living in fear.

>15 mins of extra character shit that won't impact the plot or fix shitty writing
We get the full Harley/Joker scene which better describes why Harley commits to the Joker.

>muh jebuz references

KYS

Exactly. It's some more cool character stuff, but that won't have any impact on the overall plot or fix the shitty writing. I'm all for more of Leto's Joker and what else will be in the Extended Cut, but if it doesn't fix the weak villain or explain why Rick thought it was a good idea to just leave the fucking bomb right under the subway after Enchantress bailed, then it won't improve things that much, not as much as the BvS UE improved BvS.

your assessment of snyder is wrong

the most "visually impressive" shots are straight out of the comic books, even to the point of using them in the same way they're used in the source material

bullshit about order of scenes blah blah

snyder and terrio understand exactly what the character is, even before snyder was involved in man of steel the world of of these movies was already set up between nolan and goyer

fucking lol snyder doesn't think that superman is supposed to be jesus, superman literally is already on that same level, bvs explicitly makes use of certain ideas common in the jesus story to comment on clark's purity onto the end.

the bullshit people say about jesus is laughable considering the message of bvs could be read as a critique of mainstream view of christianity where there's still a gap between us and jesus, where bvs directly states that hope is something that is carried within us by all, it's not something to be projected on a saviour

what the fuck are you even on about with batman's 'stage'? even without the bits of information throughout the movie you don't need an arbitrary 'stage' to check off for the characterization to be okay

and when in the story is batman implied to be 'new'? at various points batman is implied to be a sort of urban legend in a poor shitty city

and lex was my personal favorite part of the movie, there was more going on with him and those involved in his scenes than the others
clark isn't trying to be a "perfect hopeful savior" he's just trying to find out what it is he should be for humanity
>be their hero *wink wink* be their monument *wink wink* be their angel BE ANYTHING THEY WANT YOU TO BE or be none of it

by the end of the humanity, we see clark acting through love to do whatever he can for humanity, no matter what

it's not that snyder has some sort of weird 'vision' for the character, hell, the movie's portrayal of the character is completely accurate 1/2

2/2
if anything, they've accurately tapped the anthropological phenomena of the way humans relate to god and how that informs a world view

as the movie even directly states, superman is something that is able to bear all of our projections of our own desire for divinity, and this movie is the only one to actually address that completely, where other superman stories only settled in making the commentary of equivalence that people claim snyder is making

fucking hell, every "controversial" part of his movies has a direct comic counterpart EVERY SINGLE ONE

>it's not that snyder has some sort of weird 'vision' for the character, hell, the movie's portrayal of the character is completely accurate
Debatable. Snyder's vision is what if Superman was real in today's world and his take on the world rejecting him, the way he developed Jon and Clark's relationship, the advice Jon gives him, about Clark keeping to himself because society would reject him. That's Snyder's vision: a take on what would happen in the real world. This isn't a bad thing though, it showcases Clark's human side while he goes through this existential crisis and feeling of rejection. But that's the thing, the majority of moviegoers and fans don't want this vision, they want the Superman that is accepted by the world and a beacon of hope for all and for him to be treated like one. Yes, DCEU Supes is essentially that character, just that the context he is in isn't the ideal one. Yes, we'll eventually get to that point in his life/in the DCEU, it's just the fans and audience generally don't want to see this type of deconstruction.

>directed by Snyder

it's kind of impressive though, he is probably one of the few directors that has made nothing but trash

This

because it was a bad movie and saying such a thing shouldn't be considered baiting. don't listen to these pseudo intellectual teenagers, it was a bad movie and a stupid attempt to cash in on marvel's cinematic universe just like sony tried to do with ghostbusters. this is not a movie, it is not thought provoking. it's a money machine and you dumb cunts are falling for it by pretending there is more beyond the surface of the product than there is. wake the fuck up.

that shit was established before snyder was even involved

and what 'advice' did jon give clark?
the only explicit advice he ever gave him was to look for answers for himself

telling someone what they will deal with =/= keep to yourself. man of steel explicitly said that his being somewhat of an outcast was simply an effect of the logistics of him using his powers

and the rest of your post outlines a problem with the world, not the character, which might as well play directly into an argument in favor of bvs, as its the very same shit the movie brings up, the projective nature of the relationship between humanity and superman, us and this imaginary character "he's not a god!!" people shout as they demand for the character to be depicted as one, completely unaware of the irony. none of what you're saying is even qualitative anyway

i've had enough "this week on" cartoon type stories, and five crises sufficiently sums up that part of the superman mythos anyway

*final crisis
fuck me good ngight

Why do you hate capital letters?

lmfao