8. The Great Dictator
9. The Pilgrim
10. Shoulder Arms

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tfw0KapQ3qw#t=297
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buster Keaton's worst > Chaplin's best

Limelight is objectively his best you dirty embryonic swine.

I've heard that the talkies Keaton did in Mexico were among the worst movies ever made. The General and Steamboat Jr are probably his best on a technical level, but I don't enjoy them as much as Modern Times or The Great Dictator. Or Lloyd's Safety Last for that matter.

Kek, not even once. This Keaton meme is one of the lamest I ever seen. I bet you haven't seen any of Chaplin or Keaton films, and just repeat what others say like a sheep.

>muh Keaton meme

Early Keaton = slapstic comedy
Early Chaplin = slapstic comedy
Late Keaton = still slapstic comedy
Late Chaplin = deep drama with many layers and comedy elements

>A Woman of Paris
>the Pilgrim
No. I would have A Dog's Life and the Idle Class above those two. His shorts were some of his best work.
Depends on the film. His talking pictures were awful but his silents are some of NY favorite films ever made.

There's maybe 10 shorts that are a 7/10, at most an 8. Each Tramp feature was at least an 8.

I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken. Maybe someday you'll grow up.

Watch more films, plen.

I still prefer some of his shorts to Woman of Paris. The attempt at drama seems bad and primitive when compared with his other uses of melancholy in later features.

>watching more bad films is magically good
Post total, embryo.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I really wish it was better and helped Purviance's career like Chaplin hoped it would. I have a soft spot in my heart for her.

>the Great Dictator so low
found the butthurt Sup Forumsack

>Chaplin
>bad films
Go easy on the bait.

I love all his films, including The Great Dictator, which I thought was brilliant. I just tried to make meaningful ranking.
youtube.com/watch?v=w8HdOHrc3OQ

Is he /our guy/?

>kissless virgin until the very end
>never talks in presence of people
>always out of place in social contexts
>always fucks up when trying to do good
>possibly autistic
litterally /ourguy/

Post Keaton sequence that tops this.
youtube.com/watch?v=tfw0KapQ3qw#t=297

Hmm it appears that you don't know Chaplin's personality at all. He probably fucked 10/10 chicks on regular basis starting from 16 years old.

The actor did.
The character certainly did not.

literally capeshit of those times

fuck off

1. The Kid (7/10)
2. The Gold Rush (7/10)
3. City Lights (6/10)
4. The Great Dictator (6/10)
5. The Circus (5/10)
6. Modern Times (4/10)

I didn't fall for the "it's classic, so it's automatically the best movies ever" meme.

Gold Rush is all about how he can't get women but in Modern Times, City Lights and some of his shots he gets with women easily.

Half of his shorts end up with him getting a girl. In Behind the Screen he literally kisses her on screen. The Kid - ends up with a girl and family. The Gold Rush - ends up with him being a millionaire and getting his dream girl. Modern Times - gets a girl at the end. Limelight - 20 yo cutie falls in love with him being 60 yo and he's so tired of 10/10 pussy he does not even fuck her.

Pleb films from 90 years ago = patrician taste.

1. The Gold Rush (10/10)
2. City Lights (10/10)
3. Modern Times (9/10)
4. Monsieur Verdoux (9/10)
5. Limelight (9/10)
all the rest is 8/10

Buster wasn't a jewish boy-toy. Buster wins.

Popular in America =/= Pleb

What is the definition of pleb then?

Poorly made, poorly shot and with poor acting. Being mainstream doesn't make a Pleb. Being a crap film is what makes a Pleb. It just so happens that quite a bit of modern American films are poorly made, not because of it.

Plebeian is the one who sticks to mainstream. You have wrong definition. What you describe is called bad.

Pleb = "Something you like that I dislike"

Lowbrow.
Some things can reach great level of popularity without being completely lowbrow.

City Lights > all