It's ESPN total fucked up after firing list?

Fired list untill now

>General

“SportsCenter” anchor Jay Crawford
ESPNU anchor Brendan Fitzgerald
“SportsCenter” anchor Chris Hassel
“SportsCenter” anchor Darren Haynes
Columnist Johnette Howard
Columnist Melissa Isaacson
Radio host Danny Kanell
Reporter Andy Katz
Radio host Robin Lundberg
“Sports Center” anchor Jade McCarthy
Reporter Britt McHenry
Columnist Jane McManus
“SportsCenter” anchor Jaymee Sire
Correspondent Reese Waters

>MLB

MLB analyst Jim Bowden
MLB analyst Dallas Braden
MLB analyst Raul Ibanez
Dodgers peporter Doug Padilla
MLB writer Jayson Stark
Baseball reporter Mark Saxon
MLB analyst Doug Glanville

>NBA

New Orleans Pelicans reporter Justin Verrier
Houston Rockets’ reporter Calvin Watkins
NBA reporter Ethan Sherwood Strauss

>NFL

NFL analyst Trent Dilfer
NFL analyst Ashley Fox
NFL reporter Ed Werder

>NHL

NHL columnist Scott Burnside
NHL columnist Pierre LeBrun
Hockey writer Joe McDonald

>College sports

Big Ten reporter Brian Bennett
College basketball writer Eamonn Brennan
College basketball reporter C.L. Brown
SEC football reporter David Ching
College football recruiting reporter Jeremy Crabtree
College basketball analyst Len Elmore
College sports reporter Chantel Jennings
College football reporter Brett McMurphy
Pac 12 reporter Ted Miller
Big 12 reporter Max Olson
College basketball reporter Dana O’Neil
SEC Reporter Greg Ostendorf
Predictive analytics expert Rufus Peabody
Big Ten football reporter Jesse Temple
SEC recruiting analyst Derek Tyson
Big Ten football reporter Austin Ward

>Miscellaneous

Boxing host Marysol Castro
Legal analyst Roger Cossack
Enterprise reporter Tom Farrey
Soccer writer Mike Goodman
Golf commentator Dottie Pepper
Auto racing commentator Dr. Jerry Lee Punch
Auto Racing host Allan Bestwick
Sports gambling writer Dave Tuley
ESPN Dallas columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor

>needed to go
britt mchenry
jay crawford
danny kanell

>why?
dallas braden
raul ibanez
ed werder
trent dilfer

Literally
who.

Good thing I stopped watching this shit 10 years ago. Thank you Tebow for ridding me of this nightmare network.

You don't watch sports?

They're in trouble because they massively overpaid for the rights to broadcast live sports at a time when their subscriber base is rapidly dwindling. Those contracts are long-term and worth billions.

The money they pay to on-air talent is a drop in the bucket compared to that. They're being sacrificed to show Disney shareholders they are "doing something".

Of course, the executives that screwed up won't lose their jobs...and if they do, they'll probably get 8-figure golden parachutes.

Rigged system, lads.

>Dan Le Batard stays
Would be a good thing per se, but

>Jemele and Bomani stays too
Fuck my life.

>britt mchenry
what a bitch. everyone's car gets towed here from time to time and she had to go full sorority bitch on the girl working the tow lot desk.
it really shows her true character.

sportscenter used to be so comfy to watch at 1 am

>not a single black person
hmmmm

They (executives) should at lease care more about own ass and get out since they did all of this shit

List goes on untill 9 of may and can be updated

It's clear they no longer care about journalism and feel like doubling down on the nonsense is best for profits.

Sadly they might actually be right.

Same for me, sadly that good guy died beacuse cancer

I miss wake early only to see him

5 blacks got fired but most are white ones, no latinos

Of that entire list the only real surprise was Trent Dilfer. While it was obvious his colleagues hated him, he was a feature on every NFL highlight show and had his own catch phrase. In the end, it was probably his comments on Kaepernick that got him the axe.

What he said about Kaepernick?

>Dr Jerry Punch
>Alan Bestwick
>Kanell

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jayson Stark is fucking great.

>“SportsCenter” anchor Jay Crawford

Damn didn't know they let him go. That's too bad.

>they kept Jemele Hill
fucking idiots, she is pancreatic cancer

they could fire everyone and it wouldn't matter. They pretty much top ticked the TV sports market bubble signing a retarded NBA and college football contract. Viewership has changed, they just didn't see it happening.

>ESPN not firing that WWE hack Coachman

who cares

MLB and NFL networks will relegate ESPN to just college sports and such.

That's LITERALLY racist AND sexist baka

>Reese Waters

THANK GOD

>fucking idiots, she is black

Fixed it for you user

You're missing Marc Stein ya dope

no, she fucking sucks, is incredibly annoying, and completely unnecessary. fuck her, and fuck you

>They pretty much top ticked the TV sports market bubble signing a retarded NBA and college football contract.

but what were they supposed to do? they have to have live sports to be around as a network, and sports right fees are astronomical.

It's a classic circling your wagons move. They're gutting the company but when you consider how large a company like ESPN is, it's a drop in the bucket as far as labor and it makes a world of difference in terms of short term costs.

The internet and streaming services have really affected the sort of content that is financially viable. I really don't feel like writing more and I'm really drunk and not totally up to date on what's happening but if I had to guess, they are scaling back to make a shift to streaming online, possibly joining with an existing streaming service while not retaining a majority of their contracts with major league sports.

It's just a dead service.

The funniest thing about ESPN is that they spent tens of billions of these massive tv contracts that will not make them money, spent hundreds of millions on people like Stephen A Smith who will chase audiences away in droves, fired people like Simmons and Cowherd who had a decent following, and.....what do they expect?

The one thing, the ONLY thing, that ESPN truly had going for them was the nostalgia factor. Yes, it's true that in 2012* anybody with half a brain under the age of 30 could get all of their sports highlights online , but we kept watching. Why? Because it was Sportscenter in the mornings, with the Top 10, Not Top 10, and interesting sports coverage. It was Chris Berman offering 0 insight but saying "he-could-go-all-the-way!". It's really strange that ESPN's parent company Disney has figured out the importance of nostalgia exploitation, but ESPN itself has not. Nobody is going to turn on the tv to watch Smith say "THAT IS BLASPHEMOUS", the only people who care are so young that they exclusively watch on youtube. Nobody cares what random mixed-race Anchor #223b has to say about Black Lives Matter or Trump, anyone who wants that will watch an actual politics/news show, not fucking ESPN. ESPN alienated its core demographic, only to discover that the demographic they were chasing was never interested in them.

*This was the age I noticed ESPN going in this new direction, I was 16, I'm sure some older anons noticed it happening earlier

I know this might be rambling bulllshit, so here, have a photo of a pretty girl to make up for it

NBC, owned by Comcast, and Fox, owned by Fox, were deliberately bidding up the cost of sports rights to cause something like this to happen because they hate Disney

I don't know what made ESPN think that this political slant would work for them but it was a big mistake

>columnist
>reporter
seems like they are about a decade behind yahoo in turning it all over to retarded as fuck bloggers. and yahoo is a zombie site itself. a lot of dead weight no one cares about.

It seems that ESPN will rid indycar so autosports people are not needy

She can be fired, the list will be finished by next week

we can only hope

They had too many mouths to feed. Not like talent is hard to find in that business that they need to be grooming and paying all those nobodies.

>Need to go
Everyone on first take
Everyone on SC6
Doris Burke
Kevin McHale

>Surprised
Jaymee Sire
Raul Ibanez

>ashley fox
noooo! imma miss that god-tier 5head

Oh and that Jabba the hut that covers the nba. Her lard ass need to hit shit.

>no neil everett
fucking jews

>firing everyone BUT the dozens of fucking annoying talking heads who yell about the exact same fucking shit in 20 different "opinion centric" shows every fucking day

>Disney has figured out the importance of nostalgia exploitation, but ESPN itself has not.
that only works for so long in a tv format. their main problems are not enough live sports and the Internet made highlights instantaneous.

Liberalism is a mental disorder and a business killer...shocking!

>spent hundreds of millions on people like Stephen A Smith who will chase audiences away in droves, fired people like Simmons and Cowherd

Smith's show gets 4 times the viewers of Cowherd's.

>Disney has figured out the importance of nostalgia exploitation, but ESPN itself has not

30 for 30

>Disney has figured out the importance of nostalgia exploitation, but ESPN itself has not.

for the past 20 years, they've had an entire channel dedicated to nostalgia

Why does espn have to bid for sports contracts? Shouldn't organizations beg to have their games on ESPN because the brand is so strong?

He meant nostalgic Sports Center

Its funny cause during the NCAA, truTV markets itself "truTV is still a thing". League choose profit every time.
If A&E bid 10 billion for the superbowl, they would show it.

>britt mchenry
Actually googled her, she was in fact fired

ITT idiots who think they know more than television executives about how to run a tv station

she was the one who was suspended for the towed car incident

she looks like the dumbest bleach blonde ever

You're wrong

>Jaymee Sire
>Jade McCarthy
they were like the only attractive chicks they had

did they fire Nig and Nigger from evening sportscenter?

I'd just like to have my comfy evening ritual back, instead of watching Netflix

I wish they went bankrupt here as well, fucking sjw jew cunts

ESPN is a massive anchor on Disney, and it's to the point where Disney doesn't care what they do to ESPN's brand, they just gotta cut the weight.

So what's happened is a massive downsize, but they still have the rights to air several different sports. But when the next round of bidding comes, they'll be out on many of them. Won't even bid. The business model they were built on is now obsolete.

ESPN will be to sports what MTV is to music.

>Soccer writer Mike Goodman

Please let Andrea Adelson be next.

This. They could empty the building and it aint going to make a difference because theyre stuck with those billion-dollar broadcast contracts.

Everybody being the most abrasive liberal possible on TV is currently killing several networks and why the fuck would a sports channel piss off middle class whitebread customers with BLM shit?