How many times have you listened to the album of the year so far, Sup Forums?

How many times have you listened to the album of the year so far, Sup Forums?

Zero

There's no better time than now to start.

>DUDE OCCULT IMAGERY LMAO
>DUDE MENTAL ILLNESS LMAO
>DUDE """""""EXPERIMENTAL"""""""" LMAO
Literally a tumblr girl. You can fuck off right now.

I'm sorry that you don't know how to just have fun.

Honestly, I prefer her conventional pop songs like Money or Lowlife more than her weird in character "HAI GUIZE I'M POPPY DAE INTERNET!!" songs like I'm Poppy or Everybody Wants To Be Poppy (though Computer Boy is catchy, even though it does fall under the second category). The closing track, Pop Music, was really good tho. Honestly a perfect ending.

It's super epic, poppy is so drastic and new, wow, ive never heard anything like a computer before. super cool. tumblr is awesome

_ ____ __ ____ _____

Basically, I've listened to Bubblebath numerous times, I've listened to Poppy.computer only once, and I feel like I'm gonna continue listening to Bubblebath more

>chill dude it's fun
That doesn't make it good, on top of that, fun is subjective. Again, fuck off.

It's fine that you don't like it, but you seem to be taking it very seriously. It's just a pop album, dude.

Microphone is lit desu

>everything that I don't like is tumblr

Its just not anything worth making or listening to.
I thought Poppy was going to save better material for the first album

Okay. Show me another album by an American artist with the same aesthetic & sound and I'll never post here again.

recently I realized this critique is so lame
it trivializes something unique for the sole reason that its unique

"Wow lol why are you trying so hard to have an identity lmao get out of here w/ this pleb shit"

what a pile of fuck

Why would someone willingly waste their time with this shit?

People tend to waste their time with shit that they enjoy.

hey guys do you know where I can find a download of this album I dont know where to download it

where tf can i listen to this shit? are these assholes intentionally making it difficult to find this? it's not on her bandcamp or her youtube channel

Every single song on the album is available on her YouTube channel. I bought a physical copy of the album, which came with a digital copy, so that's the only way I know to get it aside from her YouTube channel.

Me... when I tried to make music on fl studio

>lowlife is an amazing song
>3:36 is an amazing ambient album
>everything else that she has done is fucking garbage
why tho

post it pls

I wrote "show me," not "tell me about."

Im too lazy to do that, it sounds like basic synth pop

Yeah, sure thing. I believe you.

amazing is a stretch

>amazing is a stretch
maybe. but they're both solid af

it's on spotify also...

I really like Poppy as a whole, and have been following it for a long time since I've been a fan of Titanic for years now, but the music isn't really my type. I get that it's meant to be semi-satirical in a way, but I feel like the thing I ended up appreciating most was the production. Still intrigued to see where they take Poppy though, and I'm hoping she takes some unexpected musical turns. Though it wasn't anything great or special in terms of ambient albums, 3:36 felt surprising to me.

Kinda sad that this crowd is latching onto it.

There was an old interview with Titanic and Mars Argo where he briefly talked about how pop can be art and about the formulas that pop uses to make good songs, and I feel like that was where the idea for the Poppy project started.

>spotify

She had one really good single, one acceptable one, and everything after that was so bad it was actually sort of a joke.

I listened to Poppy.Computer exactly one (1) time and never again. This whole schtick isn't cute anymore.

>This whole schtick isn't cute anymore.
Can you honestly say that while looking at this photo?

titanic sinclair is the man

hnnnnnnngng

>When the ARG critiquing modern pop-culture goes too far and actually becomes a thing

Wew lad

yes

Check the internet. I heard they have it over there.

Then you and I have very different value systems and will never get along.

pls no bullie

this.
she literally became the thing she was mocking.

Yeah, it's pretty great.

On my 5th re-listen

Congrats on being the first person to actually answer the question.

>big hands

>for you

Tonight I've listened to "Poppy.Computer" on a pair of Sony MDR-V6 studio monitor headphones and a pair of Lasonic SA-5A boom box speakers. Tomorrow I'm going to listen to it on the stock speakers of a 1996 Jeep Cherokee. I can't wait to find out how it sounds.

Who's that meme rapper Sup Forums is obsessed with for a short period of time?

>It's just a pop album, dude.
Why are you over-romanticizing it then? Not even him by the way.

>3:36 is an amazing ambient album
You clearly haven't listened to enough ambient music.

Look at the size of the hands

I think that you've misunderstood me. That person seemed angry about the existence of an artist and album that they don't like, so I was just pointing out how silly it is to get angry about music.

>You clearly haven't listened to enough ambient music.
i've listened to a fair amount. the composition isn't too remarkable but the texture/timbre is on point. it's so glossy and smooth

>but the texture/timbre is on point
How many analog synthesizers has she tested to get the right timbre? I would guess that she paid someone with a DAW to assemble an ambient album for her attempt at having credibility as an artist.

Uh, you do know who Titanic Sinclair is, right?

Whoever he is, he isn't Brian Eno or a Popol Vuh equivalent by any stretch of the imagination.

>How many analog synthesizers has she tested to get the right timbre?
how is this related to the quality of the music?

That's not even the point. The point is that your entire post reeks of ignorance, which makes me more inclined to dismiss everything you say.

It would at least show her determination. Primitive synthesizers, drum machines, sequencers have been manipulated and served as musical breakthroughs as such. There's nothing wrong with DAWs and virtual instruments, as long as you don't use sample packs everyone else does. From that standpoint, her ambient album isn't anything special. And of course, objective quality of music isn't something we have a method for determining.

I haven't heard of an e-celeb and everything I say is therefore wrong. Great logic. I'm surely taking you seriously now.

It's basic knowledge that Poppy and Titanic Sinclair work closely together and that Titanic Sinclair is the brains behind the project. He's also a musician and very knowlegeable about synthesizers and DAWs. The point is that you clearly like to talk about things without doing any kind of basic research.

>From that standpoint, her ambient album isn't anything special
you mean because it's made using sequencers with basic instrument voices?

>Man of the future

Great, you've confirmed that he is in fact an e-celeb. Why should I care? Doesn't make their ambient album any more special.